Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Induction Vs Panel

DrMR2

Hi Guys,

Probably a question you guys have answered a thousand times but i was wondering what the difference is between an induction kit and a k+n panel filter. I realise that the panel would just sit in the original air box but are there any differences performance wise? If the two are fairly similar, i may opt for a panel version. Any advice??

Cheers.

Hi Guys,

Probably a question you guys have answered a thousand times but i was wondering what the difference is between an induction kit and a k+n panel filter. I realise that the panel would just sit in the original air box but are there any differences performance wise? If the two are fairly similar, i may opt for a panel version. Any advice??

Cheers.

I dont think there would be much difference between the two performance wise but if you go for the pannel filter you wont get the noise you get with the proper induction kit.

The panel filter won't get as much direct cold air as a cone filter would (cold air is good)

and of course the sound !

A panel replacement WILL get cooler air than a pod just sitting in the engine bay sucking in hot air. The Type I & II OEM airbox is not as free flowing as a Type III one but is still ok. IF you go for a pod filter try and sheild it off from the engine bay, chucking it ou the side vent will get you cold air but you will be cleaning it every 2nd day.

Cheers

KiwiMR2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links