Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Are You Male Or Female?! If So...

silvasurfa

Gonna cut straight to the chase...

I want your opinion, how much should you spend on an engagement ring?!! :wub:

If money was no issue I wouldn't ask, but it is... :(

I earn £1100 a month of which I personally see about £150 (after mortgage/bills etc.).

Lisa really does deserve the best but thankfully material items don't mean that much too her...

I do still want a sweet ring though... it would make her smile! :)

Please people... :help:

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• silvasurfa

• Demonic Angel

• GIDDLEPIN

• reece

If it were me personally i wouldnt care how much it cost! I may sound either cheap or expensive here but i wouldnt be bothere if it was £50 or £50000!! If it was pretty and came from darren id be happy with that! Do you have one in mind?

Nope.

Wanted to have an idea how much I should be playing with before I begin the search... my problem is thinking things through too much!!!

I agree with Shaz, its not the expense of it, its where its come from (the heart I mean, not Argos! lol)

You can get some really stunning rings for about £100, I'm sure Lisa will be thrilled too much to care how much it was..... ITS AN ENGAGEMENT RING!!

How about something like this? Its 18ct Gold Diamond.....

Yes, I know its Argoos!

Mmmm White Gold!

Plenty of bargains out there! :thumbsup: I'd be well happy with either of the above! (Hint Hint Rich! lol)

my dad said to my mum were goin ring shopping, u can have whatever ring u want up to the price of a angus bull, didnt help my mum too much being from liverpool

hope that helps

Nope.

Wanted to have an idea how much I should be playing with before I begin the search... my problem is thinking things through too much!!!

just have a look around first! if you see one you like keep it in mind, then have a long hard think about the ones you've chosen! and decide that way! the white gold one DA found is really nice! :thumbsup: Not too tacky or to flashy! its nice!

Just make sure you dont blow the budget on just the ring... what is the point if you then can't afford what your letting yourself in for... :thumbsup:

f all.............. save yourself alot of trouble

:unsure: Someone had to say it!!! ;)

It'll be a long engagement Robie just wanna show her that i'm serious...

...I keep getting 'a months wages' quoted... no way hosee, no way... :P

Diamonds are a girls best friend.. remember that.. DON'T GET DIAMONIQUE (sp) OR CUBIC ZIRCONIA. Gold band and a diamond is all you need.. nothing else matters (IMO only snobs brag how much their ring was.. besides, your partner doesn't need to know how much.. or where it came from.. does she?) My wifes engagement ring only cost me £35.. Diamond and saphire twist (that was almost 17 years ago though :eek: )

I'll bet if (for a laugh) you put a ringpull in the box, she would keep the ringpull forever too.

Diamonds are a girls best friend.. remember that.. DON'T GET DIAMONIQUE (sp) OR CUBIC ZIRCONIA. Gold band and a diamond is all you need.. nothing else matters (IMO only snobs brag how much their ring was.. besides, your partner doesn't need to know how much.. or where it came from.. does she?)

I'll bet if (for a laugh) you put a ringpull in the box, she would keep the ringpull forever too.

Wise words mate... (with 17 years of inflation)lookin up to about 600 bucks I think? Sound alright?

There are some bargains to be had on the second hand ring side and remember you don't pay VAT, Anne got a fabulous ring from an inheritance that my mother left her :thumbsup:

:lol::lol::lol: cheers mate i'll bear it in mind!!!

also, how much is an angus bull these days?!! :P

Awwww. Doesn't matter how much it costs - remember that some of the most expensive rings on earth can also be the most vulgar!

Keep it simple, elegant and a little bit sparkly and I don't think you can go far wrong. Also, note if she prefers silver or gold... if it's silver, why not try something in White Gold to be a bit different? :thumbsup:

The Price of any diamond depends on a number of factors, the 4C's, these stand for Carat Weight, Cut, Colour, and Clarity...

The weight or overall size of a diamond is measured in carats. The larger the diamond, the more you can expect to pay for it, however the price does not increase on an even scale.

helpmenu_caratchart.gif

Keep in mind that the same size diamond can look bigger depending on the type of setting it is mounted in.

Also, a 1 carat stone will look bigger on a person with a size 5 finger, than it will on a person with a size 8 finger.

I would go on a month's wages... if she is worth it :thumbsup:

Awwww. Doesn't matter how much it costs - remember that some of the most expensive rings on earth can also be the most vulgar!

Keep it simple, elegant and a little bit sparkly and I don't think you can go far wrong. Also, note if she prefers silver or gold... if it's silver, why not try something in White Gold to be a bit different? :thumbsup:

yeah, it'll definately be white gold rather than yellow... platinum if slightly possible?!!

seriously, i'm not puff daddy, is that dooable?!! :blink:

reece you swine! of course she's worth it... :crybaby:

it does help that she's got small hands though! :P