Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Are You Male Or Female?! If So...

silvasurfa

If it looks like the surprise aspect is too much hassle, why not borrow the sizing rings from the shop and propose with them? That way you would know the right size, have a chance to discuss the kind of ring she would like and still come up with a surprise ring -- and a further surprise with the engraving.

Or how about taking her out to a restaurant during a weekday -- one that's within walking distance of a jeweller with a good range? I would avoid alcohol. You ask her in whatever way you see appropriate, from bended knee to a plain old 'd'ya suppose it would be a good idea to get married?, and take her for a sizing at the jewellers. Perhaps in the restaurant you could ask her about the style she would like so that there won't be a need to look at prices. You'll also get extra credit for considerately planning the day's operation. You don't have to buy and produce the ring on the same day. Of course, you could pick it out together. That might be nice too!

Seems you stand a better chance of getting a ring she likes if she's in on it beforehand, so being close to the jewellers helps minimize the gap between proposal and ring production so much that it's almost as if you had the ring in the first place.

Then you can go to Cuba as an engaged couple and celebrate it. It's kind of true that when you meet the right one you know, and if you know and you know that she knows, it should all go quite smoothly.

It's getting exciting! How will you do it??!! Be sure to come back and tell us!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• silvasurfa

• Demonic Angel

• GIDDLEPIN

• reece

Once again, cheers guys, you're really helping :group-cuddles:

I'll definately be showing her this post in the future...

Nearly had the perfect oppurtunity to get her ring size today but I sort of fumbled with it, think she may be getting suspicious :rolleyes:

Anyway, like you say Wagon, it's getting exciting!!!

I've managed to save 75 bucks since the beginning of this post and I aim to get as much together as possible...

My mate can lend me the rest interest free (he's a good lad, and he's loaded), i've just got to find the ring...

I'll make sure to keep those of you who are interested posted :thumbsup:

UPDATE :P

Went and looked round yesterday and i've found 'the one'.

Had a budget decided, but needless to say it got skanked... :rolleyes:

Wish I had a picture but they're making it up from scratch.

It's from a combination of three different designs which I liked a bit of on each- so it's as close to unigue as i'm reasonably gonna get!

I've gone 18ct White Gold with a round .40ct Diamond.

The ring design is chunky round the actual ring but it thins off more delicately to the top.

There's no design or engraving, it's very simple and the ring rises up around the Diamond on either side.

The Diamonds mounting is also simple, 6 small flat clasps hold the Diamond in place just above the ring.

You can see the whole shape of it as it's raised (air beneath the Diamond and the Gold.

The quality of the Diamond is the highest in its class, it's not neccesarily the biggest in the world but it properly 'BLINGS'.

The bonus of her small hands will also make it seem BIG :P

I'm really pleased with the Jewellers, it's a family business and they seem to really enjoy what they do.

I'm just chuffed that i've had some real input and not just pointed at a picture!!!

(the art student in me)

Next task... find out the size of her finger!!!

:thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links