Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Broken Exhaust Please Please Help

shahidafridi

gen 6 celica my exhaust was making more noise than normal ....the car itself was more or less vibrating...

upon examination i found that the whole exhaust pipe underneath was unstable and it has detached itself from the rectangular thing

the car is quiet low so i blame the fc*&!n humps

any ideas how much its gna take to get fixed??

will i have to get a new one or will i be able to weld it??

Pop it down to your local tyre/exhaust place and get them to look at it and give you a quote. :thumbsup:

Pop it down to your local tyre/exhaust place and get them to look at it and give you a quote.  :thumbsup:

is it safe to drive though?

you know how an exhaust has three parts front middle and bump...well the middle and back have come disjointed n it looks like what is a hole where once they were connected

Pop it down to your local tyre/exhaust place and get them to look at it and give you a quote.  :thumbsup:

you know how an exhaust has three parts front middle and bump...well the middle and back have come disjointed n it looks like what is a hole where once they were connected

I`m assuming it`s a standard mild steel item, in which case it`s knacked. Could just be the tailpipe section needs replacing. About £70 ish. :thumbsup:

I`m assuming it`s a standard mild steel item, in which case it`s knacked. Could just be the tailpipe section needs replacing. About £70 ish. :thumbsup:

i do hope ur right ....the hole looks bad....could it really be what ur sayin>? coz it does look quiet bad

sounds like now is the time to go for a bit of modding get yourself a de-catted stainless steel obviously down south u will pay double wot us coal eating dirt farmers up north pay :D

try this though--full stainless steel twin exit 4"ovals system from the lovely guys at powerflow £270 lifetime garuntee :thumbsup:

check out my garage :eek:

sounds like now is the time to go for a bit of modding get yourself a de-catted stainless steel obviously down south u will pay double wot us coal eating dirt farmers up north pay :D

try this though--full stainless steel twin exit 4"ovals system from the lovely guys at powerflow £270 lifetime garuntee :thumbsup:

Thats a good idea.... From a coal eating dirt farmer. :lol::lol::thumbsup:

Thats a good idea.... From a coal eating dirt farmer. :lol::lol::thumbsup:

yeh il take it to the garage see what they r sayin!

can neone recommend ne decent ones in the bucks area??? in or nr high wycombe ? or r the national centres the best?....may even get the aa out to have a look!

thanks guyz for ur help id b lost without this place!

do a google on powerflow or have a look in max power they will tell u where your nearest franchise is

HAVE FUN :D

:ph34r: Personally I wouldn't go near powerflow, having seen some of the work they have done on other people's cars. :ph34r:

If you don't want an OEM/pattern exhaust at least go for one that was properly designed like a scorpion or mongoose etc. The ultimate would be a Blitz Nur Spec, but they might only do them for the GT4?

:ph34r: Personally I wouldn't go near powerflow, having seen some of the work they have done on other people's cars.  :ph34r:

If you don't want an OEM/pattern exhaust at least go for one that was properly designed like a scorpion or mongoose etc. The ultimate would be a Blitz Nur Spec, but they might only do them for the GT4?

ive seen 3 powerflow systems including my own all done by their franchise in stafford all top notch obviously done by a dodgy franchise . the simple answer is if you werent happy with their workmanship is dont pay until u are .as they are all covered by lifetime gauruntee doesnt seem a prob to me :eek:

Am back in stoke as of the 12th. Is it ok for me to come up and have a look at some point that weekend mate just to see what it looks like

OH SPOTIPUS!!

I WENT down to the garage today ATS who told me they could get me the part and get the job done by 2mrw.....good i thought until they say its gna cost me 200 quids! :censor: :censor: :censor:

wat a rip off, obv i didnt pay, called out the RAC who kinda stuck a pipe in there to keep it together.... for the moment neway! just a temp measure to save 200 quid!

the part number is CTY1070 original toyota middle section of exhaust if neone can help!!!

lol thanks in advance

walks off cursing !

OH SPOTIPUS!!

I WENT  down to the garage today ATS who told me they could get me the part and get the job done by 2mrw.....good i thought until they say  its gna cost me 200 quids! :censor:  :censor:  :censor:

wat a rip off, obv i didnt pay, called out the RAC  who kinda stuck a pipe in there to keep it  together.... for the moment neway! just a temp measure to save 200 quid!

the part number is CTY1070 original toyota middle section of exhaust if neone can help!!!

lol thanks in advance

walks off cursing !

What's the problem with quoting you £200 to supply and fit a new exhaust? Have you got any quotes from anywhere else to compare it to? What were you expecting? :huh:

I just followed the advise of the mighty spotipus and rang a powerflow dealer

(unique exhausts in stafford how ever cause on the website they don't list stafford tyres)

They have quoted me for a cat back stainless steel system

Single exit approx £240

Twin exit approx £280

Beats gettin a standard one fitted

Think i know where i'm off to soon

:D

Ahem... Tip. Don`t buy retail. Get down to your local Partco/Unipart supplier and get one trade. You`ll save 50 - 60% If they ask if your in the trade .... Lie. :ph34r: Although i`ve never had anyone ask me before. :thumbsup:

Am back in stoke as of the 12th. Is it ok for me to come up and have a look at some point that weekend mate just to see what it looks like

course you can mate :rolleyes:

I just followed the advise of the mighty spotipus and rang a powerflow dealer

(unique exhausts in stafford how ever cause on the website they don't list stafford tyres)

They have quoted me for a cat back stainless steel system

Single exit approx £240

Twin exit approx £280

Beats gettin a standard one fitted

Think i know where i'm off to soon

:D

SUITABLY HUMBLED BY ADORATION AND PRAISE :D

OH SPOTIPUS!!

I WENT  down to the garage today ATS who told me they could get me the part and get the job done by 2mrw.....good i thought until they say  its gna cost me 200 quids! :censor:  :censor:  :censor:

wat a rip off, obv i didnt pay, called out the RAC  who kinda stuck a pipe in there to keep it  together.... for the moment neway! just a temp measure to save 200 quid!

lol thanks in advance

walks off cursing !

What's the problem with quoting you £200 to supply and fit a new exhaust? Have you got any quotes from anywhere else to compare it to? What were you expecting? :huh:

the problem is its not 200£ for the whole exhaust its only the middle section of the whole thing

iv got a quote from up north £150 for the full exhaust all three (frnt, middle and rear) parts including fitting-sorry dnt know the technical names

is that clear enough mikeb?

I thought £200 was a wee bit excessive. Considering i just bought a complete system for a Transit van for £80. :blink:

I thought £200 was a wee bit excessive. Considering i just bought a complete system for a Transit van for £80.  :blink:

tell mikeb that daktari!

next question for u daktari

at the moment the exhaust is being held in with a piece of metal tube put in by the rac....now im about 200 miles from burnley where i need to get it dne from

it wnt be a problem driving it will it?

Sounds like they sleeved it?? Should be ok. Just don`t go rallying. :) :thumbsup:

Sounds like they sleeved it?? Should be ok. Just don`t go rallying.  :)  :thumbsup:

sleeved it?? :huh::blink:

lol sorry am not familiar with these terminolgies! only recently upgraded from my fiesta!