Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Throttle Cable And Sump Plug

Tegan

Went up to toyota on friday last week to get a price for a throttle cable and a sump plug (ive got a slight oil leak)

They wanted £80 for a throttle cable - to which i said no thanks

and they said they'd order me a sump plug , which they would phone me about yesterday- still havent had a call! I will have run out of oil and sh*gged the engine by the time i get it!

Are these dealer parts only or is there any other place i could get them from?

£80 seems a bit steep to me for a throttle cable!

cheers

Tx

Throttle cable is dealer only, its the same for the mk2

Not sure about the sump plug thugh, i'd have thought it would be available in local motor factors or halfrauds.

Think Sump plugs are more general, and you can get magnetic ones which catch all the tiny pieces of crappy metal in the oil and stop them being circulated !

Looks like ill have to Shell out the £80 then , i dont understand though why dealers dont take better care of their customers- i mean our local motor store will bend over backwards to get you the things you need - almost next day - and toyota cant even get me a £3.00 sump plug four days after ive ordered it! :angry:

you could always get a bicycle brake cable and replace the worn out part with that....don't know if it can be welded though...

Halfords sell sump plugs. - so if you still need one go there

as for the cable looks like you'll have to swallow the £80 - the joy's of MR2 ownership.

Hi Tegan,

Celica breakers (01579 383879) might have a throttle cable (cost me £30 last time). If not PM me as I know a guy who breaks Mk1s and should be able to get one for you.

Chris

Edit: Are you sure it's not the sump plug washer thats died/MIA?

Hi Tegan,

Celica breakers (01579 383879) might have a throttle cable (cost me £30 last time).  If not PM me as I know a guy who breaks Mk1s and should be able to get one for you.

Chris

Thanks , where are celica breakers based?

I got a card from a guy who breaks mk1's at jae - so gonna try him aswell :)

thanks everyone for you help ;)

Hi Tegan,

Celica breakers (01579 383879) might have a throttle cable (cost me £30 last time).  If not PM me as I know a guy who breaks Mk1s and should be able to get one for you.

Chris

doesnt look like its even got one! :rolleyes:

had a quick peek, oil only seeping around the plug and not above it :yes:

if you get me

The other guy that LimeyMkI knows is the bloke in New Forest I have told you about.

Keep an eye on eBay as previously said. I have recently seen a throttle cable being listed - can't remember if it's the same one as posted above though...

Look for the guys breaking MKI's and contact them via email - always works for me. If not MR2OC and IMOC both have a large number of very knowledgeable (sp?) MKI boffins who have access to tonnes of MKI bits.

Thanks G

I had a look at the one on eBay but he seller says it was frayed so not much use - ill just have to get a new one me thinks - better safe than sorry :yes:

Also tried emailing the bloke from JAE but email addy is dead :(

As for the sump plug WELL: i still havent had a call from toyota! Ffs! :censor:

But i called my mate who works at Halfords - he rang round a few places - finally ends up phoning Ron Brookes - the very same toyota garage that i ordered mine from

and he managed to get me one for wednesday! :o

How come they wouldnt call me back but they have sorted it out for him! :ffs:

How come they wouldnt call me back but they have sorted it out for him!  :ffs:

Maybe ya didnt ask nicely enough :P hehe

-Z

Tegan, Celica Breakers are based in Cornwall IIRC, but there's no problem for them to post stuff to you.

Another possible is MR2 Breakers on 07811117757, I've never used them but a number of the IMOC guys have.