Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Corolla Moaning

bhinderharminder

Hi,

ive got a 2002 1.6vvti corolla t-spirit with 16k miles on the clock,

when i start the engine from cold in the mornings it sounds like a diesel untill the engine warms up, and also around 1k rpm the engine sounds like its moaning(if you know what i mean), above 1k rpm-ish its sounds fine. My graddad has the same car and engine but his is a 2004 model, and his dont make that noise.

Can anyone help :crybaby:

Thanks

If it's still under warranty...take it back for them to check out!

I get a moaning noise in my Corolla - it's the wife......................

LOL,

car went out of warrenty end of june this year :crybaby: :ffs: , things always happen when the warrenty runs out.

if everything seens to be fine once the engine is warm may i suggest you try a decend brand of motor oil,you did say is out of warranty so is worth a try.

5w 30 is the best oil to use :thumbsup:

5w 30 is the best oil to use :thumbsup:

thats what toyota say but i have to disagree,soon as my car is out of warranty i gonna try a few different brand of oil and different viscolty also slick50 are going in whattever happen's.

if everything seens to be fine once the engine is warm may i suggest you try a decend brand of motor oil,you did  say is out of warranty so is worth a try.

The car was serviced around 4k miles ago at a toyota dealer, so they should use quality motor oil??? :wacko:

all the toyota dealership's i been in they all use normal Shell Helix nothing special really just a average brand of motor oil.

i've always notice when i start the car from cold the engine always sound rough but once the engine gets to normal temp it sounds better,for this reason i will play around with other brand of oil once my warranty run's out i mean the facts are you cant damage your engine trying a different brand of oil and you be supurise the different it makes when you find a better oil to use.

I was told that was normal...it is the "feature" of the 1.6 engine, that "dieselish" sound when cold...Castrol GTX 5W 30 is the recommended oil and it is probably the best there is, if they're using Shell Helix in a Toyota workshop then they are perfoming contrary to Toyota specifications... :angry:

I was told that was normal...it is the "feature" of the 1.6 engine, that "dieselish" sound when cold...Castrol GTX 5W 30 is the recommended oil and it is probably the best there is, if they're using Shell Helix in a Toyota workshop then they are perfoming contrary to Toyota specifications... :angry: