Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yesterday

Kev Mc

Can I just aplogise for what follows, I know its a pointless, boring post but I've typed to much to just delete it...

[disgracefully boring rant typed out of annoyance & boredom]

Just thought I'd give a bit of a description of yesterday's activities

The plan: Get up, get ready, leave at about 9:30, sort some things which end up with a drive to Ellesmere Port (on the Wirral), go to the DVLA in Chester, sort out the transfer of my dad's EFC reg plate onto my car, drive him to 2 houses (for work) then either go into work for a few hours or go home.

What actually happened: Got up my usual time, got out, sorted the things I needed to. Phoned the office to see if they were ok for me to not come in, they were ok so decided to go home. Just about to go back though the Mersey tunnel when my brother-in-law phoned saying there was mayhem outside Goodison Park because the tickets for a big match had gone on general sale at 11 (no priority for season ticket holders). I phoned the Everton box office, turned out to be true so went straight there.

Got there at 1:30, absolutely massive queue, went to the back, prepared myself for a long wait (estimated it would be about 2 & a half hrs) in the baking hot sun (had no preparation, in a shirt & black pants, no drinks, no hat, nothing). It got to 4:30, went inside the ground, got to 7, came back out of the ground into pouring rain, waited for another 30 mins.

Finally (after 6 hrs of doing nothing but stand up) got my :censor: tickets. Thought "Was it really worth a 6 hr wait to get these tickets? Ah well, at least I've got them, there will be worse queues than that in the days ahead". Got home at 8, absolutely knackered, ate some chocolate to get some sugar into my bloodstream & went to play high-intensity football from 9-10 (didnt have time for my tea). Got in, put the Everton website on & theres an announcement saying that season ticket holders will have 2 days to get tickets exclusively which basically means that I could have just got the tickets tonight before the friendly in a far smaller queue.

[/disgracefully boring rant typed out of annoyance & boredom]

Once again, sorry about the post

League 2 football is much better... I can take up 4-5 seats if I want and don't have to queue for ages like you :P

Ever though of supporting chester? :thumbsup:

League 2 football is much better... I can take up 4-5 seats if I want and don't have to queue for ages like you :P

Ever though of supporting chester? :thumbsup:

Nah, if I was going to support a lower league team it would be Accrington Stanley because a lad who plays for them is from the Village & may have put in the odd appearance for a Sunday League side that I used to watch a fair bit :!Removed!:

Sods law mate, if there's a difficult way to do something.....

........Everton will make their fans do it

Do what I do - have no interest in league football.

The most footy I watch is when England plays, and that's it....

:D

Shouldnt they email with upcoming match details and stuff if u are a season holder?

The most footy I watch is when England plays, and that's it....

you're really missing out by doing this though. England matches are phenomenally dull.

I discovered several years ago that the only real entertainment you could get from an England match was to watch it in a packed pub - and cheer for the opposition. It sometimes ends in tears, but at least it's entertaining

I was an avid football supporter.

Ok, I was a Man Utd fan, but I would watch every game, argue with mates down the pub, etc...

Football to me now just seems dull, and over priced.

All these players who are really big girls getting paid God knows how much for doing bugger all!

Hamstring my ****! I've pulled hamstrings, and yes it hurts, but I'm fine after 20mins, and not 3 weeks!

Think I'll stick with my MotoGp and superbikes. ;)

Shouldnt they email with upcoming match details and stuff if u are a season holder?

Yeah, they should have announced at least a few days ago that tickets went on sale on ________ for Season Ticket holders then _________ for general sale. They usually give Season Ticket holders about a week to get them which they understandably may not have been able to do because there isnt long before the match but for me to hear off a Kopite who's listening to the news that they're on general sale, then have to wait for 6 hrs, then to be told if I didnt break my :censor: to get there & I hadnt waited for that long I would have been able to have priority & queue up today or tomorrow with just Season Ticket holders is quite simply unacceptable.

Is that the sport where men play with their balls, kick about, get all hot and sweaty and cheer when they score?

Sounds like a Saturday night at the local club! :lol::lol:

Try supporting Celtic mate! Crashed out of the Champions league already by a bunch of no-bodies although we did beat them 4-0 last nite! :rolleyes:

I still don't understand how we lost 5-0 against them last Wednesday! :crybaby:

Can I just aplogise for what follows, I know its a pointless, boring post but I've typed to much to just delete it...

It’s not a pointless or boring post; you had an experience that you want to share which may help others in not doing what you did.

Try supporting Celtic mate! Crashed out of the Champions league already by a bunch of no-bodies although we did beat them 4-0 last nite! :rolleyes:

I still don't understand how we lost 5-0 against them last Wednesday! :crybaby:

I know, have to feel for you there, at least you got yourselves a bit of pride back though (which is probably absolutely no concelation whatsoever)

It’s not a pointless or boring post; you had an experience that you want to share which may help others in not doing what you did.

Lol, thanks, but I still stand by my original thought