Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Levin Ae101

extremegiants

Hello all. I'm going to buy my friend's Levin, it's a 91, gt apex version, and I was wondering if anyone can help me out. I've been looking for specs on the car (she doesn't know anyhing about it and neither do I), and the differences between the engine years. She's giving me a good deal on it, and I don't want to pass it up. I've never owned any toyota, and I would like some info on the model. It's got the dual exhaust, and the previous owner before her dressed up the engine a little, and added an intimidator cone air filter. Nothing else besides that has been added. It's got a really stiff suspension ( I took it for a drive), but it doesn't look aftermarket, and it's an automatic. Any help about the car's specs and potential would be great!!

I know they are not very clear pictures but is it the same as the Black one in the right of both these pictures?

Cholmondley3.jpg

WEM1.jpg

Or does the one you are looking at have 'pop up' headlights?

No, it doesn't look like the one in the pic. It doesn't have pop-up lights, and the body is slightly rounder with a spoiler. It says Levin on the front grill, with apex gt on the both sides of the coupe doors. I can try to get pics from her to make it easier, I'll see what I can do. Oh yeah, it's a right hand drive straight from Japan. I hope I could find out it's potential, any help would be great!

the one in the pictures is based on the ae92.the car u are describing is the ae101 levin gt apex. i know the ae101 levin. it was made with the silvertop 20v 4age engine and the last ever iteration of the 4agze (supercharged).i think u have the silvertop engine extremegiants.

silvertop, as far as i know, was made between '92 and '95. even though your car is a '91, it could be a silvertop. the engine will be silver,and will say "twincam 20"

on it.

toyota claims 160 bhp for the silvertop engines, but in reality, they are around 140 bhp over here.

they are a great car. buy it if u can.

shout up if u need more info

Thanks! She's coming over today, so I'll take another look at it. I've heard the "silver top" thrown around lately, what's the difference?

they are basicly just updated 4age engines with fancy 20v heads. toyotas answer to the v tecs. they have vvt and 4 individual throttle bodies as standard.4 branch manifold aswell.

Ahhh, sounds good so far. I'm glad I can come on here and get good help on this stuff. Thanks! I noticed on your screen name you have a ae101, can you send a pic if you have one available? What kind of mods have you done to yours?

mine was a corolla 20v, which i understand is even rarer than the levin over in the uk. i sold it a few weeks ago. it broke my heart selling it, but i got a good price, and sure, i can always get another one at some stage.

it wasnt highly modified. i had 17" kosei pentas, uprated brakes and suspension,sony head unit and md changer, and it had a 2" custom exhaust from the manifold back.... no restrictions

its the same engine as the one in the levin (a silvertop) so i can tell u that they are beautiful to drive hard

Reunion.jpg

DSCF0017.jpg

DSCF0019.jpg

that is one of only a few of that shape corolla that i like!

too bad you sold it!

i'll have one again. i love them.

i doubled the mileage on the car, and still made a profit when i sold it

whats the model name on that rolla? i heard about it from my bro but didnt believe this shape came with a 20v must be the only u.k car with it?

its a corolla ae101 gt fx twincam 20 to give it its full name. most were superstrutt equipped. mine wasnt(which is a good thing). ireland has been flooded with treunos and levins, but the 20v corollas are reasonably rare.

hmm...i'll never find one in the u.k, if i did i would keep for a long long time. i might not even sell it i mean it is soo damn rare to have a DBM car with a 20v

hmm...i'll never find one in the u.k, if i did i would keep for a long long time. i might not even sell it i mean it is soo damn rare to have a DBM car with a 20v

20v corollas were jdm only. if u want one so bad, just import it straight from japan,theres nothing stopping u. you dont have to wait untill u see one for sale.

they are packed with goodies aswell. air con, climate, leather steering wheel and gearknob, sports seats, electric everything, including electric folding mirrors, strut brace, foglights, bodykit....and obviously the throttle bodies etc.....

in fact ,thinking about the car again makes me miss my one

That car must have been soooo much fun round town shame you sold her on  :(

they are a beautiful drive. i used to have great fun on the backroads. :yes: :P

20v corollas were jdm only. if u want one so bad, just import it straight from japan,theres nothing stopping u. you dont have to wait untill u see one for sale.

they are packed with goodies aswell. air con, climate, leather steering wheel and gearknob, sports seats, electric everything, including electric folding mirrors, strut brace, foglights, bodykit....and obviously the throttle bodies etc.....

in fact ,thinking about the car again makes me miss my one

Whats the insurance like on one of those? :bookworm:

theres an insurance loophole on these corollas here. they are only 1500cc on the logbook, and the "gt fx twincam 20" isnt anywhere to be seen.

theres no way i was going to draw their attention to it.

its an import, i thought it might have been. Well then the next corolla will be the levin gtz for me in that case.