Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Britishness

gordypix

According to a chap called Diagoras from Switzerland, this is what being British is all about:

Being British is about driving in a GERMAN car to an IRISH Pub for a BELGIUM beer, then travelling home, grabbing an INDIAN curry or a TURKISH kebab on the way, to sit on SWEDISH furniture and watch AMERICAN shows on a JAPANESE television. And the most BRITISH thing of all? - Being Suspicious of anything FOREIGN..................

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gordypix

• Demonic Angel

• daktari

• Fidgits

Top Posters In This Topic

Being British...

"I'm British and proud 'cos were the best and if you don't agree f**k off!!!"

...just about sums it up (love our arrogance :P)

And a comment from an English Gent:

As an Englishman, I am proud to be a Gentleman, to lose gracefully and to stand in Queues...........

being british

watch out or you will be classed as anti european and thrown out of the EU made to eat bent bananas, and have s*x with women who dont have hairy armpits, stink of garlic and cant speak our language.

i like being british :thumbsup:

Surely the reason that the british like all these 'other' nations offerings is because we either conquered them or colonised them in the past?

Surely the reason that the british like all these 'other' nations offerings is because we either conquered them or colonised them in the past?

Owned!

they still havent got over it :hokus-pokus:

Being British means being adept at complaining about the weather.

Or just talking about it will do. Instant introduction when abroad.

British person #1 Good morning, Can you direct me to the airport.

British person #2. Not a very nice day for flying is it? Look at those clouds.

3 days and several hundred lagers later..... Sorry i don`t know where the airport is. But the weathers certainly brightened up. :D

Do the Brits make any Lagers?

If so - I can't think of any of hand................ :wacko:

Fish and chips and country pubs!

You can get "genuine British" fish and chips and public houses abroad, but they aint half as good! :thumbsup:

You can get  "genuine British" fish and chips and public houses abroad, but they aint half as good! :thumbsup:

I'll tell ya what -We don't have many DECENT chippies in the UK anymore....... :crybaby:

There is a blinder in Bournemouth and another in Dunbar thats for sure :thumbsup:

We make Heineken under license.. Does that count?  :unsure:

In that case FOSTERS is British :lol::lol::lol:

Dunbar chippie rocks!

AND there is no hangover cure like a black pudding supper.

I reckon the best chippies are Dunbar, Oban, Penrith and last but by no means least Yarmouth.

OH and getting back to topic - I make damn sure that people know that Im scotish when Im travelling abroad - scotland never ****** anyone off!

OH and getting back to topic - I make damn sure that people know that Im scotish when Im travelling abroad - scotland never ****** anyone off!

Think they may have annoyed the english once or twice. :yes:

You can get  "genuine British" fish and chips and public houses abroad, but they aint half as good! :thumbsup:

I'll tell ya what -We don't have many DECENT chippies in the UK anymore....... :crybaby:

There is a blinder in Bournemouth and another in Dunbar thats for sure :thumbsup:

Just had awesome fish n chips for dinner!!! :yes:

The sort of chips where you drive right of your way to get!!! :drool:

According to a chap called Diagoras from Switzerland, this is what being British is all about:

Being British is about driving in a GERMAN car to an IRISH Pub for a BELGIUM beer, then travelling home, grabbing an INDIAN curry or a TURKISH kebab on the way, to sit on SWEDISH furniture and watch AMERICAN shows on a JAPANESE television. And the most BRITISH thing of all? - Being Suspicious of anything FOREIGN..................

That's complete rubbish Gordy.

Why only today I drove my JAPANESE car to an AMERICAN BAR for an IRISH beer, then travelled home, grabbing a CHINESE takeout on the way, to sit on GERMAN furniture and watch ITALIAN football on my DANISH television. Though I am suspicious of anything FOREIGN so he got that right.

Being English means the answer to everything is having a cup of tea!

Death in the family, lost your job, earthquake put the kettle on!

:lol:

It has definately got to be having the best Fish & Chips for me too!

Around 6 months ago a new place opened up about a mile or two away, won't go anywhere else for chips even tho we have two of the things within shorter walking distance! Can't beat 'em, they're great :yes:

Im proud to be British and have shown it by having a tattoo of a British bull dog on my arm.

But i also feel that we seem to let all other countrys walk all over us and our goverment is letting europe take over us and trying to make us european, not that i mind this but ive we have to try to be european can we have european fuel prices? erm NO.

And another i find is if the british goverment do something we dont like the british people moan and moan about it and then do nothing where in other countries they kick up a right stink.

But im still proud to be british :yes:

Im proud to be British and have shown it by having a tattoo of a British bull dog on my arm.

But i also feel that we seem to let all other countrys walk all over us and our goverment is letting europe take over us and trying to make us european, not that i mind this but ive we have to try to be european can we have european fuel prices? erm NO.

And another i find is if the british goverment do something we dont like the british people moan and moan about it and then do nothing where in other countries they kick up a right stink.

But im still proud to be british :yes:

OOOOOOHHHHHH.....now we're starting to get political!

Where do I start ;) !

........ I do agree though!