Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Britishness

gordypix

I'm british and proud...

and you know whats best about being british - we can integrate foreign cultures, food and pastimes without losing our identies...

This comes of once ruling half the planet - these young startups havent got a clue what they're doing, i mean, their still puffing their chests out from when they gained their own independence, and seem to not be able to grasp it was just too much hassle for us to hang onto, rather than they actually won anything...

Being british is really about the past - and its still whats best about us - Churchill, Brunel.... did you know we once had the largest steelworks in the world? invented the jet engine?

Theres good reason why its called great britan!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gordypix

• Demonic Angel

• daktari

• Fidgits

Top Posters In This Topic

Fish and chips and country pubs!

You can get  "genuine British" fish and chips and public houses abroad, but they aint half as good! :thumbsup:

I'll tell ya what -We don't have many DECENT chippies in the UK anymore....... :crybaby:

There is a blinder in Bournemouth and another in Dunbar thats for sure :thumbsup:

Dont forget the one in our village - I dont really eat the fish, because actually I dont really like deep fried fish! BUT I love the pies they do!

Pie and chips! Canny beat it! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

You can get  "genuine British" fish and chips and public houses abroad, but they aint half as good! :thumbsup:

I'll tell ya what -We don't have many DECENT chippies in the UK anymore....... :crybaby:

There is a blinder in Bournemouth and another in Dunbar thats for sure :thumbsup:

Dont forget the one in our village - I dont really eat the fish, because actually I dont really like deep fried fish! BUT I love the pies they do!

best chippy left in England is in Gretna Green ;)

Is that for before or after you've eloped there to get married? :lol:

There's a chippy in Bristol that's excellent (award winning no less!). I don't eat fish but they do "Pea Fritters", just think a burger made from mushy peas coated in batter :drool: .

God save the Queen :thumbsup:

Being British is having a proper Royal Family :yes:

God save the Queen :thumbsup:

Being British is having a proper Royal Family :yes:

lol well I dunno about "proper" - they're more like the Royle Family than the Royal family these days! lol

But if William asked, heck, I wouldnt say no! :lol::lol:

Theres good reason why its called great britan!

britain hasn't been great for a long time. <_<

Being british is....... just great! we complain the most, and drink tea in a crisis! You just got to love us!

And gordy dont know if youve heard of it but Mansfield did a beer! although we dont brew it anymore! :thumbsup: thank god! it used to stink! :lol:

The ability to laugh at oneself.

Staunchness in the face of adversity.

Surprisingly liberal attitudes beneath the surface, provided it's concerning us unless we want to make an exception by patronizing a foreigner.

The need to insult the flag by using it as underwear and then complaining when someone burns our undies.

Resisting change simply for the sake of it.

Perpetuating popular opinions that have no basis in reality (They're all like that up there and it's always raining! Oh, have you ever been? Erm, no I haven't...).

Well that sums it up -- the ability to laugh at oneself it seems! And we do have a certain je ne sais quois. Oh hang on, that's the French.

There's a couple of good fish & chips shops here - not great, but still nice.

It's either them or McaDee's, BK, KFC, etc...

Photo-0047.jpg

Being British means being on a diet but having this for breakfast every other day...

Photo-0047.jpg

Being British means being on a diet but having this for breakfast every other day...

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm!!

Loverly :P

I can almost feel the cholesterol cloggoing up my veins ;)

hey - theres more to Gretna green than quickie weddings....

best chippy in england for one

isn't GG in scotland ???

rickers

don't forget that we are all european !! :lol::lol::lol:

Arent Maccy D's, Burger King & KFC all American though? :lol:  :lol:

Well, Yes Dem, but I was referring to the fact that it's either eat fish & chips for fast food, or visit one of those places instead. ;)

Dunbar chippie rocks!

AND there is no hangover cure like a black pudding supper.

I reckon the best chippies are Dunbar, Oban, Penrith and last but by no means least Yarmouth. 

OH and getting back to topic - I make damn sure that people know that Im scotish when Im travelling abroad - scotland never ****** anyone off!

You know the Dunbar Chippies :thumbsup:

I'm on a quest NOW to find an EXCELLANT chippie witn NON-greasy fish and chips..............Even Southend Chip Shops are Rubbish.

Best I know in England is the Bournemouth one but feel free to furnish me with addresses peeps :drool::thumbsup:

Arent Maccy D's, Burger King & KFC all American though? :lol:  :lol:

Well, Yes Dem, but I was referring to the fact that it's either eat fish & chips for fast food, or visit one of those places instead. ;)

Was just being pernickity again - sorry mate! lol

I love the way the Welsh and Scottish don't like being labeled "British"... Just shows how we own them :thumbsup:

it is strange - since the whole point of britian is, England, Wales and Scotland... otherwise we'd be talking about being English, not british!

I think its just people being idiots...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links