Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

5,4,3,2,1......?

Demonic Angel

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Demonic Angel

• Moffmo

• Gnome

• Matthew_McNally

I'm not sure what type of X5 it was but I know that no BMW has a top speed of 30mph!

I suppose I should be grateful of a non-lethal BMW on our roads.... but he was ridiculous!

btw isn't it a 4.8 engine, not a 4.6?

Thought the P1's had 6 bars?

I didnt really floor it home, I couldnt, I was stuck behind the MD of the company next door in his flash BMW X5, which is obviously doesnt want to ruin by putting his foot down because he was going 30mph on a 60mph road.... so it took me longer to get home than normal.

So I was panicking because my petrol was going down, and furious at this guy - he even went down to 25mph at one point - I was swearing so much you'd think it was a new language!

Lol, thats 1 of the most annoying things in the world, I'm all for some1 being a safe driver & taking things a bit easy but doing 30 in a 60 is taking the :censor: , I'd have reacted in the same way

Thing is, its almost impossible to overtake, so you end up behind them ranting.... and theres not much you can do but stay where you are..... if I could overtake I would!!

Thing is, its almost impossible to overtake, so you end up behind them ranting.... and theres not much you can do but stay where you are..... if I could overtake I would!!

.....while doing some not very nice gestures I'd imagine

I go 12 miles each way - but depending on what way I go this can be longer! full tank lasts 330 miles - 350 at the mo which equals to around 2 weeks worth of fuel.

Average consumption according to the computer is 43.8 mph at the mo - that includes in Town and Dual Carriageway driving :thumbsup:

The phase 1 has 8 bars!

I dunno how many miles I get to a tank 'cos I never fill my tank up, whats the point of carrying about all that extra weight? That will lower your mpg 'cos you are carrying about an extra x amount of kg's! :yes:

I have only ever filled my tank 3 times, once when I went to Aberdeen, when I went to the Envy meet and when I went to JAE! :thumbsup:

err but going slower.. means you are more likely to get home (within reason)

How comes..... I get home no matter how fast or slow I'm going...... ??

err but going slower.. means you are more likely to get home (within reason)

How comes..... I get home no matter how fast or slow I'm going...... ??

Youll be getting more mpg if the petrol light flashing

5th doing about 35 is amazing encomony..

any less and your probably choking the engine :P

well I've said to myself I never wanna be in the situation again so will just keep her topped up in future! :thumbsup:

Bit of a daft woman question, but does coasting help with fuel economy in these situations? I resorted to coasting a lot, thinking it was helping.....  :unsure:

Coasting does help with your mpg. if your going down a hill and you press down the clutch the engine will stop fuel injection. this wont stall the engine, this is another way for improved fuel economy and emissions.

shouldnt do - you actually use more fuel when coasting than when the car is in gear

Coasting does help with your mpg. if your going down a hill and you press down the clutch the engine will stop fuel injection. this wont stall the engine, this is another way for improved fuel economy and emissions.

Ok, now I'm totally confused! :wacko::wacko:

look i have been tained by toyota. im not exactly gonna be wrong now am i. if the the car is coasting and no throttle is applied. the engine will stop fuel injection until you apply throttle again. it saves on emissions and fuel economy.

try it next time your driving, watch your mpg go to 99.9mpg when you take your foot of the throttle.

does that make any sense

Ok, now I'm totally confused!  :wacko:  :wacko:

dont know why DA - we are both essentially saying the same thing, ronny is maybe applying a different meaning to the word coasting than me?

you will use more fuel if you take the car out of gear and coast than you will if you remain in gear and just dont use the throttle.

when you are in gear and not accelerating, the the revs drop right down, and the fueling cuts off.

if you go into neutral, the car still supplies fuel to maintain your idle revs.

therefore - you use more fuel when coasting than when simply not accelerating.

with us?

look i have been tained by toyota. im not exactly gonna be wrong now am i.

<_< :!Removed!:

***** DA - a full tank last me like two days ...

No wonder the way you drive up the M1!!! :D :P

This car on topgear was an audi i think. I remember the program. Hope that hasn;t been mentioned already - not read the while thread yet.

What am i going to do now that top gear has finished until the autum? :crybaby:

Its my birthday tomorrow ;)

I thought it was a good idea to never coast when driving, no matter if it helps fuel consumption or not :unsure:

Ok, now I'm totally confused!  :wacko:  :wacko:

dont know why DA - we are both essentially saying the same thing, ronny is maybe applying a different meaning to the word coasting than me?

you will use more fuel if you take the car out of gear and coast than you will if you remain in gear and just dont use the throttle.

when you are in gear and not accelerating, the the revs drop right down, and the fueling cuts off.

if you go into neutral, the car still supplies fuel to maintain your idle revs.

therefore - you use more fuel when coasting than when simply not accelerating.

with us?

Gotcha - I was talking about coasting in gear, so in that respect I wasnt using any extra fuel by doing so, which was the reason I was doing it, as thats what I'd thought.

Thanks for clearing that up! :thumbsup:

Thought the P1's had 6 bars?

8 Bars on my P1 i'm afraid!

I haven't filled up since JAE and i still have half a tank left! I got from our petrol station to JAE and back on 6 bars, was really impressed considering it was reading 336 miles when i got home! You gotta love motorway driving!

Trip computers which tell you the range, its such a P2 thing. I tend to use the premise that if my last bar starts blinking i need to fill up, and that's that! :P

look i have been tained by toyota. im not exactly gonna be wrong now am i.

You'd be surprised - According to Toyota "Trained" professionals you CANNOT put an aftermarket headunit in a Yaris. Well about 50 of us proved them wrong! They even sell some of the parts to do it! :wacko:

I thought it was a good idea to never coast when driving, no matter if it helps fuel consumption or not  :unsure:

If you are coasting (in neutral) you are not in full control of your vehicle. (you will fail a driving test doing it).. if the car is in gear with clutch in it's the same as coasting in neutral, however if in gear with clutch out, you are not classed as coasting because the engine is still in control of the wheels (if you see what i mean... it won't accelerate as much downhill as it would if the clutch was in (depending on what gear your in.. i'm rambling on now aint I?.. ok i'll shut up :ph34r: )

The whole reason about coasting being bad is what cfc said. Theres the three ways to avoid an accident, 1) Accelerate 2) Brake 3) Swerve to avoid. ABS allows you to turn whilst braking. The Coasting means if you are faced with a potential accident you are only left with two options (and you could remove swerving as you usually combine that with accelerating leaving you with one (for those who failed maths!))

Btw the only reason i know that is because i was on an advanced driving course in the rx-8's with some traffic inspector

***** DA - a full tank last me like two days ...

No wonder the way you drive up the M1!!! :D :P

This car on topgear was an audi i think. I remember the program. Hope that hasn;t been mentioned already - not read the while thread yet.

What am i going to do now that top gear has finished until the autum? :crybaby:

Its my birthday tomorrow ;)

Ill have you know I take my time on the M1 - lots of unmarked cars

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links