Do Not Sell My Personal Information

No Induction Kit For 1.3 Gls 2001?

tim_mabin

Hi Guys,

have just bought a Yaris and started modifiying it. Stuck some wheels on, had it lowered and so on but I can't seem to find an induction kit for my car anywhere. I bought the pipercross kit which I was told would fit and tried to bolt it on - :ffs:. So I took that back and ive now searched the entire internet :eek: to find one but noone seems to make one. Any ideas cos this is really doing my head in and I dont really want to bodge a filter on.

Thanks Everyone

If its a phase one ( and I guess it must be) the 1.3 engine is virtually the same as the t-sport.

On this basis Im pretty sure the Seveer (who has an SR) has the same Apexi induction system as I have.

Hope that this helps?

Wo that was quick. Erm the airbox like comes out of the side (bottom at the front of the engine) and then loops over itselft to the front of the car. Think its a phase 1, its got sat nav and the removable cd player under the tape player (duno if that means anything). Should I go to envy for the kit or do I have to get it from anywhere else.

Cheers for helping mate

If its a phase one it wont have comedy 'teardrop' headlight lenses - the phase ones just look like normal lenses.

And yes you can get the apexi from Envy ... or anywhere else that stocks them. There are other makes of induction system that will fit including Blitz and HKS ... have a look around and see what you fancy

Did you guys know that red cancels out green?

Cause you P1 owners go on about our classy headlights so much I'm certain your just green with envy.... :lol::lol:

PS Its phase one because its a GLS and was made in 2001.

Welcome to TOC btw Tim! :group-cuddles:

Does your 1.3 have the 2NZ-FE engine? .. I assume it does if its a P1.

If you go to my garage with the link on my sig and look at the picture for the front strut brace and see if your engine looks like that.

If it does then it will be the 2NZ-FE and the Apexi kit will fit it.

:thumbsup:

Yeah mate, take your pick really, I'd be tempted to go for the A'PEXi or Blitz though! :thumbsup:

Thanks for all your help guys.

Just ordered the Apexi induction kit from Envy :D . Should be coming tomorrow so will take some pics of the car when im done installing it.