Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hello All

stella

hello,im a newbie too this site and joined because im getting given a corolla gti-16,but im not sure wot model it is.the car is on a g plate and has a 4a-gze engine and i thought the it should be 4a-ge :unsure:

the car has an mot but no tax and has a little rust on the boot lid but apart from that its in good shape.

p.s does anyone know the stats of the car bhp etc. :yes:

Hiya and welcome to the club...

Sounds like you should get that taxed and keep it on the road, if it has the 4a-gze and not the 4a-ge as you rightly say you have yourself a supercharged Corolla there :)

That should be very, very nippy...

not a bad motor to get given. not a bad motor at all. welcome to the club

cheers all,ill let u know when i get the keys! :)

when i last looked under the bonnet i coud see know intercooler? but il try and get another peek to see if it has :thumbsup:

If it's a UK Corolla GTi then it would have had a 4AGE (125 or 129 bhp) as standard. If it has a 4Agze then it seems that it's had a engine transplant. The 4AGZE came in several flavours - anything from 145bhp (US spec AW11 Mr2 supercharger) up to a late Japanese spec Levin supercharger with 165 bhp. Lots of further tuning potential as well. If you can't see a top mounted intercooler then you may find one in front of the engine cooling radiator - you should see some 2 inch diameter alloy pipes going from the front in fron of the rad to the supercharger at the back of the engine.

If it is a 4AGZE then smile :P :) :) :drool::drool:

Semi, fully synthetic is really only good in a new engine or at least one thats built for it in the first place.

if you got a 4agze when you open up the bonnet there will be a funnly looking thing like a small rad or really odd airfilter slap bang on top of the engine, if someone has taken the time and effort to mount a FMI (front mount intercooler) then your very very very lucky.

excuse me whilst i sit in the corner and sulk and go green with envy......

Dont worry if it's not a 4agze as it will still go hard if driven correctly (i.e. over 4000rpm :))

hello,i know for sure it hasnt got a intercooler on top of the engine.

10w-40 oil good for the gti?

also,im not sure if its a early or late model but has electric windows and gauges in the center of the dash showing Battery and oil temps and the seats are the really comfy racey type :D

Stella - another thing that really gives it away as a 4AGZE engine is the word SUPERCHARGER on the top of the rocker cover. 4agze.jpg

ohh yeh the women who has it said she had 135mph then kaked it cause she was going too fast :rolleyes:

Please God, let me have one of those.....

Could always buy a MR2 Mk1 Supercharger for under 4k straight from japan with the same engine :D