Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tattoo's

Tegan

No im not getting another one (before Rob gets worried - as i know he doesnt like them) :rolleyes:

But my mate wants one - the only things she's worried about is whether or not it looks tacky :unsure:

Now ive got two tattoo's : one red baby devil on my belly (just below hip bone) and a blue one saying 'angel' on the bottom of my back.

So obviously im a fan - but i have to agree that certain tattoo's look tacky but only on certain people - like i love men with tattoo's on their arms but on a woman then for me then thats a no-no and the same for the top of the breast and the upper back area.

Anybody else think they are tacky? Opinions?

cheers

T x

Theyre not too bad, it all depends on what they are!

I have my starsign on my shoulder blade and i like it there! :yes:

its simple and thats what i wanted.

My mum has a rose on her shoulder and a tiger and a butterfly on her lower back, the rose i dont mind but the tiger is a bit too much!

Some can look tacky but others are nice and simple

The right tattoo can look good on a woman... some look awful though...

Lisas got a nice one just above her ***** crack, very subtle and symetrical... Think it needs to be symetrical on a central place if that makes sense?!

I've got two but only a matter of days ago adviced my little bro not too...

Has to be sure she wants it and get it done properley...

I have one a my right ***** cheek. :)

Its a small chinese symbol for friends, they bought it me for my 18th birthday :)

If you have a tattoo I would recommend avoiding the colours green and red.

Black is best.

If in the future you wish to have them removed, laser surgery is very good but can’t get rid of the green pigment and has trouble with reds.

The right tattoo can look good on a woman... some look awful though...

Lisas got a nice one just above her ***** crack, very subtle and symetrical...  Think it needs to be symetrical on a central place if that makes sense?!

I've got two but only a matter of days ago adviced my little bro not too...

Has to be sure she wants it and get it done properley...

Yes i think the best thing to do is find a reputable artist :yes:

- i went to 'The monster shop' in Mansfield - now some people slate them and say they are crap but he didnt have the exact thing that i wanted on the books or the boards (when i went for the angel one)

and so he drew it out while i was there and did it from that, he made a fantastic job and it didnt hurt as much as the first one (which was smaller) :rolleyes:

i can remember a story about a girl who went for an 'angel' tattoo and got 'angle' :lol: :lol: pmsl!

If you have a tattoo I would recommend avoiding the colours green and red.

Black is best.

If in the future you wish to have them removed, laser surgery is very good but can’t get rid of the green pigment and has trouble with reds.

I didnt know that! Thats good advice :)

(lucky im not planning on having mine removed then! doh!)

But black hurts the most! :(

I dont have any.... not because I dont like them but because I'm not sure what I should put on my body that would be there forever!

My best mate has 5 now - all small ones though so barely noticeable..... although she did go down the line of having her now ex-boyfriends name tattooed on her ankle..... luckily its in Chinese so she tells people it means something else now!

I think that tattoos can be really nice, if tastefully done and discreet enough to be hidden if necessary. If I had one done it'd be on my shoulder blade so I could cover it up - I'd never have one on my stomach though - apparently they go all funny if you get pregnant because the skin stretches......

My ex boyfriend had tattoos all over the top half of his body - that I didnt like very much!

Ive been told that if you use cocoa butter cream during your pregnancy that it will prevent that Em - (not that im planning on having any kids so thats not a problem for me :P)

But black hurts the most! :(

Black is usually used as an outline, so it may tickle a little more.

Colours tend to be used with multiple needles so appear not to hurt as much.

No colour has more pain than another; it’s just what's used to apply it.

Suggest to your friend to get a semi-permanent one in the place she would have a real one.

Then she can ‘trial’ it to see if she likes it the same time next week/next month.

She may view it as a nasty zit and hate it as soon as it’s applied, with a temporary one there’s no problem.

Thats a really good idea - i will suggest that to her - i think she wants it lower back so that she doesnt have to show it all the time etc etc :)

I think it depends on what/where and how big it is, if its a big detailed thing covering most of some1s arm or something it looks awful imo but a nice, small, simple designed thing in a place that isnt really in-your-face can look quite good I think.

Haven't got any, but I like tattoo's.

They have to look right, otherwise I reckon they just look OTT....

i love tattoo's, ive got a half sleeve-chest and full back tattoo. also in the process of getting the other arm and chest upto the same stage.

like certain tattoos on women, always helps when the are fit. lol

baz

None myself but I like discrete ones - too big and it gets tacky ...

some descrete tattoo's can look good on the right woman - but a majority either look tacky, or just trailer trash..

Its impossible to know whether it will work before-hand, so its better to go temporary...

and remember, your going to be 60, wrinkly walking around with tattoos on you..

I wouldnt have one, but fair play to those who do have them! It's a very personal thing after all.

My Dad has one on each other arm, but he regrets having them done as he hates them now!

Blue

some descrete tattoo's can look good on the right woman - but a majority either look tacky, or just trailer trash..

Its impossible to know whether it will work before-hand, so its better to go temporary...

and remember, your going to be 60, wrinkly walking around with tattoos on you..

yeah i hear that a lot - i dont think that matters if they are in places that you cant see

TBH i forget mine are there :rolleyes::lol:

hi, tried posting some pics of mine, technofear !!!!!!!!

hopefully i'll get someone to see size them for me. hee hee

Here ya go baz - probably still too big - cant tell until i put them on! doh! :rolleyes:

Edit *(ah they are okay - just right size)

but anyways, treat for ya ladies :

bazback.jpg

bazfront.jpg

Edited by Tegan