Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Member Radio Control Avensis T3-x

Hem-lag02

I am a new member on the forum. Collected my Avensis T3-x yesterday ('04 54 D-4-D 9k mls). Must impressed. Excellent on the motorway, very comfortable.

Can you change the FM bands from the steering wheel controls. I know that using mode you can change from FM to AM to CD but can you change from FM1 to FM2 To FM3.

Also can you dim the speedo etc lighting - if so how do you do that. I have read the manual which states that after the Trip b display there is another display for the lighting. I do not seem to have that.

Thanks in Advance

Hem

I am a new member on the forum.  Collected my Avensis T3-x yesterday ('04 54 D-4-D 9k mls).  Must impressed.  Excellent on the motorway, very comfortable.

Can you change the FM bands from the steering wheel controls.  I know that using mode you can change from FM to AM to CD but can you change from FM1 to FM2 To FM3.

Also can you dim the speedo etc lighting - if so how do you do that. I have read the manual which states that after the Trip b display there is another display for the lighting. I do not seem to have that.

Thanks in Advance

Hem

Welcome Hem! :group-cuddles:

good choice btw ;)

You can only change the brightness of the speedo lighting when the car lights are on. So, turn on the lights and follow the instructions. without the lights on they are fixed brightness. :blink:

I dont think you can change FM modes from the steering wheel

You can change mode (cd, tape, am, fm) you can change channel, tune, volme, cd track, scan cd, etc etc... :thumbsup:

If you have an Avensis Handbook, instructions on how to alter the lighting level of the instrument panel are on page 151.

The idea behind this is to be able to reduce the brightness of the instuments when driving at night when the full intensity may not be required. Hence that is why you need to switch the lights on when carrying out adjustments.

The function switch, as mentioned, will switch between CD (if a disc is inserted), Casette (if a tape is inserted), Radio AM, and Radio FM (whichever band had previously been selected).

To swop between FM Bands, you have to use the AM/FM button on the dashboard.

:eek: After all, the dashboard is such a long way to reach! :D :P

:bye:

Welcom to TOC Hem-lag02.

Though given the title of this thread I was slightly dissappointed to find that it wasn't about an Avensis you could control from your nokia phone (like the James Bond BMW 7 Series). :)

Tony

• 2 months later...
I am a new member on the forum.  Collected my Avensis T3-x yesterday ('04 54 D-4-D 9k mls).  Must impressed.  Excellent on the motorway, very comfortable.

Can you change the FM bands from the steering wheel controls.  I know that using mode you can change from FM to AM to CD but can you change from FM1 to FM2 To FM3.

:yes: Yes you can change the FM bands from the steering wheel controls. Just push the same buttons a little bit longer. The radio says "beep!" and he wil change from FM1 to FM2 To FM3 every time you push the button (a little bit longer)

(I'ts not in the manual.)

Thanks in Advance

Hem