Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mod Or Sell/swap?

keeperofthegate

Just received an invite to another managers special at a Toyota dealership and it's got me thinking... here what I've got stirring round my mind at the mo...

Option 1: Don't sell but MOD instead?

Pros:

* Could do exactly what I want to improve my car... get the alloys that I want etc etc

Cons:

* My Yaris is a T2... :crybaby: so I'd have to get practically everything done lol from the electrics, to alloys to ICE etc etc... :(

* I'm no good with car related stuffs :( so I'd have to get things done for me lol so that's gonna cost a bit I'd imagine?

Option 2: Swap/Part Ex

Pros:

* I will get a good price for my car from Toyota (and especially with this invite I have received, they have what's called enhanced part-ex which is actually really good as I've been to one these events before and they offered a good amount for my Yaris, plus they're offering 0% finance and 2 yrs free servicing etc etc)

* Will be able to choose the spec/colour etc that I want

Cons:

* The Yaris has been an excellent first car that I got for a good price and I enjoy the D4D which is the only thing that's making me stick to it for the time being! BUT there are certain things that are putting me off now... :( If I get another Yaris I'd still have to Mod bits that I'm currently not happy with plus they don't do a D4D colour collectionl! <_<

* The other car that I'm really liking at the mo is the Seat Ibiza FR 1.9 TDi but I'm not sure if I can go from a Jap car to Spanish even tho they're part of VAG... and I won't get much for my car if I part-ex from anyone other than Mr T...

So... as you can see I'm having a bit of a dilemma... :wacko: what would you do??? I wouldn't mind modding the car but so much would have to be done that it seems too daunting a task or is it?? Why don't Toyota have certain things like central locking/electric windows/CD player standard on even the basic models, I've noticed they're quite stingy like that! <_<

Sorry for the lengthy post... would be interested in your views... cheers!

Well id liked to start of by saying that seat are very good cars now, and dont associate them with spain as its all VAG.

That "no D-4D in the Colour Collection" thing is a pain in the butt, isn't it? It must be a Toyota GB thing because you can get them "on the continent".

Its a tricky one tis, but I would go alaong and see what they could do about a T3 or a T-Spirit in diesel making sure that you tell them how you would ahve lovel a CC if it had been available with that engine.

Its worth a shot if only to see what they say.

The T2 is really a very basic place to start from (I used to have an "S", remember) so I would be inclined to change or to stick until I have enough money to upgrade. Actually, that's exactly what I did...

I'm not sure if that's much help tbh...

Alan

PS The Ibiza seems a nice wee car - a girl in my department at work has a graphite grey one with nice alloys. I still prefer my Yaris though...

(EDIT!) First off - Seat are Spanish and not Italian! lol :thumbsup::thumbsup: (EDIT!)

Secondly, personally Raj, if I were you I was P-X for a better model, because its gonna cost you a lot more to do what you want with the T2 than it is to PX it in for a higher spec, and like you say, they are willing to do you a good deal!

Diesel T-Spirit? :thumbsup:

Silly question, but can you not keep the T2 and live without the leccy windows and alloys (yeah yeah, daft question I know!) but like you say, its a good car and has served you well.....

But if it was me, I'd PX! Seat makes good cars, but stick with Toyota, especially if they are gonna give you a good deal! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Edited by Demonic Angel

Hey Raj!! You Stranger! :P

I reckon you should definately part-ex, I know you like the Yaris but you gotta get more than what the T2 has! If you go to the Managers special thingy they should do you a real good deal (or at least I hope so!) - remember what you said about last time you went to one and was thinking about a Yaris Blue??

Oh yeah, test drive a 1.3 and see what they are like - 330 approx miles to a tank, okay not as great as the D4D but it's not bad!

I will see you on MSN soon again I swear :thumbsup:

Blue

Well id liked to start of by saying that seat are very good cars now, and dont associate them with spain as its all VAG.

Yeah that's true, I haven't test driven the Ibiza but I've been in a few and I really like them... some peeps find them a lil bland on the inside but I think it's not bad. Gonna test drive one before I make up my mind tho but I've heard good things about the diesels.

Ha ha - my bad!

I got confused with Seat and Fiat....... oh well, they do sound similar!  :lol:  :lol:

lol Em I thought I was going mad for a sec there! :wacko: :D

Hey Raj!! You Stranger! :P

I reckon you should definately part-ex, I know you like the Yaris but you gotta get more than what the T2 has! If you go to the Managers special thingy they should do you a real good deal (or at least I hope so!) - remember what you said about last time you went to one and was thinking about a Yaris Blue??

Oh yeah, test drive a 1.3 and see what they are like - 330 approx miles to a tank, okay not as great as the D4D but it's not bad!

I will see you on MSN soon again I swear  :thumbsup:

Blue

Hey T! Stranger yourself! :P too busy these days eh?? :P

Yeah I'll definitely consider all options and see what offers they give and hopefully I'll get a good part/ex price for my car this time as well.

I could possibly get away with a petrol it's not like I do MAJOR miles but I've enjoyed the D4D so much it would be sad to see it go... that said I will try and get a test drive first to see what the 1.3 is like too, I've forgotten as it was quite a while back now that I test drove that Yaris Blue. :thumbsup:

Yeah that's true, I haven't test driven the Ibiza but I've been in a few and I really like them... some peeps find them a lil bland on the inside but I think it's not bad. Gonna test drive one before I make up my mind tho but I've heard good things about the diesels.

If you go for the 1.9TDI S, then you will find the handling amazing, its a bit stiff but god its great fun, This is the one my dad has and i love it for the country roads

If you go for the 1.9TDI S, then you will find the handling amazing, its a bit stiff but god its great fun, This is the one my dad has and i love it for the country roads

Yep that's the one I've been in the 1.9 TDI Sport, not bad actually and they're offering 0% finance at the mo too which is good.

The T2 is really a very basic place to start from (I used to have an "S", remember) so I would be inclined to change or to stick until I have enough money to upgrade. Actually, that's exactly what I did...

Looks like that's what I'll be doing too Alan... oh and I will definitely be asking them why they don't do a D4D Colour Collection. :ffs:

Looks like that's what I'll be doing too Alan... oh and I will definitely be asking them why they don't do a D4D Colour Collection. :ffs:

the d4d takes a while to make!

the colour collection is coming off the prodution line all the time! thats why theyve now got Colour collections in the corolla and avensis! :thumbsup: But no D-4Ds :(

Yeah... I had to wait 12 weeks for my first T3 diesel because I wanted it black! Second one only took a fortnight though.

The diesels are everywhere in France.

A

Are you looking at brand new or nearly new?

You can get nearly new diesels quickly! Plus you cant buy the Yaris Blue anymore, so if you wanted one of those you would have to buy nearly new.....

Diesel T-Spirit? :thumbsup::lol:

PS - Whats wrong with VAG? They do good cars! I'd even buy a Skoda! :D (But not an Italian Seat! pmsl) God such a dunce sometimes..... wheres my blonde hair dye! :lol::lol:

Are you looking at brand new or nearly new?

You can get nearly new diesels quickly! Plus you cant buy the Yaris Blue anymore, so if you wanted one of those you would have to buy nearly new.....

Diesel T-Spirit?  :thumbsup:  :lol:

PS - Whats wrong with VAG? They do good cars! I'd even buy a Skoda!  :D (But not an Italian Seat! pmsl) God such a dunce sometimes..... wheres my blonde hair dye!  :lol:  :lol:

Prolly brand new if I can get a good deal or nearly new, again, if it's at the right price... Diesel T-Spirit is quite expensive @ £11,095... that's why a D4D Colour Collection would be ideal with Air Con... pretty much a T-Spirit then.

Nada wrong with VAG I wouldn't mind a change but would be best to get a test drive first. :thumbsup:

What about a diesel T3 and buy it from the same place Blue got hers cause they gave her free air conditioning!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Only thing you wouldnt have is the alloys you want then, but I'm sure thats not gonna be such a big deal and even if it is, you can get alloys afterwards! :thumbsup:

that said I will try and get a test drive first to see what the 1.3 is like too, I've forgotten as it was quite a while back now that I test drove that Yaris Blue.  :thumbsup:

Nah just not been on MSN much recently! The Blues really are nice y'know :P

What about a diesel T3 and buy it from the same place Blue got hers cause they gave her free air conditioning!!  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Only thing you wouldnt have is the alloys you want then, but I'm sure thats not gonna be such a big deal and even if it is, you can get alloys afterwards!  :thumbsup:

Well it wasnt free easily, they gave it because I wanted a CC (not knowing the Blue was still available) and was going to get one until finance probs cropped up - it was something they couldnt solve so by giving me air-con they kept a sale and I got a new car :thumbsup:

The best thing to do is pop along and see what offers they can do on the cars you want! if its a good deal go for it, if not get up and tell them where to shove it! :lol:

Yep Blaze that's exactly what I'm going to do :lol: really isn't any point hanging about if I'm not going to get a good deal.

Yep Blaze that's exactly what I'm going to do :lol: really isn't any point hanging about if I'm not going to get a good deal.

yup yup! best way! :lol::thumbsup:

that said I will try and get a test drive first to see what the 1.3 is like too, I've forgotten as it was quite a while back now that I test drove that Yaris Blue.  :thumbsup:

Nah just not been on MSN much recently! The Blues really are nice y'know :P

What about a diesel T3 and buy it from the same place Blue got hers cause they gave her free air conditioning!!  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Only thing you wouldnt have is the alloys you want then, but I'm sure thats not gonna be such a big deal and even if it is, you can get alloys afterwards!  :thumbsup:

Well it wasnt free easily, they gave it because I wanted a CC (not knowing the Blue was still available) and was going to get one until finance probs cropped up - it was something they couldnt solve so by giving me air-con they kept a sale and I got a new car :thumbsup:

Why not then..... ask for a Yaris Blue, because it has alloys and stuff you want.... "oh sorry sir they've been discontinued" ok so give me a diesel T3 with alloys and air con then for the inconvenience.... and cry a bit - and then say "well Seat were going to offer me an Ibiza Diesel with much more.... so I'd better go there instead" - and wait for them to "well.... actually" :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Why not then..... ask for a Yaris Blue, because it has alloys and stuff you want.... "oh sorry sir they've been discontinued" ok so give me a diesel T3 with alloys and air con then for the inconvenience.... and cry a bit - and then say "well Seat were going to offer me an Ibiza Diesel with much more.... so I'd better go there instead" - and wait for them to "well.... actually"  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Em,.........you clever SoTOCer................what a good idea :) :thumbsup: