Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Insurance

andy_twincams

just wondered if any one recomends a good insurence,just been getting qouyes of elephant but it was well exspensive ;) please peeps help me

its only i little car not gt or anything???thanks guys and girls

Tesco are good for me, been with them for the past year - renewal at end of the month and they are still the cheapest by far :thumbsup:

Im insured with Norwich Union Direct, its not cheap but its the cheapest i could find :lol: Elephant were a very close second by about £30 but i was already with Norwich Union from the previous year :thumbsup:

My daughter is going to take over our "Yaris-wagon" this Oct when she is 17 on her own policy.

Car is 2 yrs old manual 5dr T-Spirit D4D....... quoted just under 800 quid 3rd party fire and theft with 100 quid excess by Direct line. That's pretty good isnt it?

Buzz.

Pretty good?! thats very good for her age! I insured my yaris for 1200 in the end! My car is a 1.3 cdx and im 18 thats on a provisional licence and 250 excess fee, so 800 is not bad at all!

I would snap their hand off with that quote if i were you! :)

Ive never paid that much for insurance but i started driving at 19 so thats why mine was cheaper

I paid £650 for first policy (on my mk1 fiesta), got it for £345 for second year! hoping it will go down even more this year aswell with quoteline direct

and paid £615 for second policy for my Mk1 mr2 with bell direct

That is a good quote though :)

Thanks for the confirmation.

Out of interest I put her on a full licence for ins cause she'll be doing her lessons/test on someone else's car (driving school's).Might take her out for the odd weekend in the Yaris-wagon but I'll put her on my ins for the 2 days only if I do.

Cheers,

Buzz.

Sorry , so youve told the insurance company that she has a full licence when shes only got a provisional?

i dont think they will take very kindly to that - they will find any way to not pay out for a claim if you make one :(

Would be worth putting her on the insurance if she may be driving the car at some point! I cant go on my dads insurance as i only have the provisional licence and motability dont allow the prov licence on their insurance, but my dad is on my insurance so when i want to go out and drive he can take me! :thumbsup:

Putting her on the provisional licence is required for the insurance company, it may make the price go up but hopefully not much!

Edited by Blaze

Exactly what Tegan said..............dangerous game that....not being truthfull to insurance companies..............It'll come back and bite you :(

Possibly slightly crossed wires....

Daughter will only drive the Yaris when she's passed her test , so all legit.The quote will be held and honoured for next 3 months so by then she will have passed (I hope!) and I will write a cheque for the ins. Interesting comment re not putting prov licence holders on certain insurance, except it was direct line that mentioned it might be worth doing!

Gotta go to work now...... no weekend for some :crybaby:

Buzz.

If she drives your car, she has to be put on as the provisional licence, otherwise as others have said, it will bite you in the behind! :thumbsup:

dont worry some of us are at work aswell! :thumbsup:

No he said she would go on his insurance - but you will have to obviously tell your insurance company that she only on provisional

that quote is still good though for a 17 year just passed - thats a good idea to get her started on her own policy from the start though :)

Back from work....

Yes you are all quite correct..... I will of course tell the ins that IF she is on my ins before she passes then she will be on a prov licence. :thumbsup:

Lets hope she passes eh!

Cheers,

Buzz.

PS I'm seriously going to miss driving the Yariswagon myself..... will have to get another small car. :D

Im with elephant its not bad. Firthy how mucth roughly is yours? same car and all.

Hi mate, im paying just over £1900 tpft on mine :crybaby:

How much you pay on yours?

I cant believe where they get their prices from, its rediculous!!!

So £800 is VERY good, especially with her age :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links