Do Not Sell My Personal Information

T-spirit Alarm

ahmedz123

how do i check if the alarm is working on my tspirit(02)? i have tried setting the alarm and leaving the windows open then putting my hand through. it does not go off. iv had my car 2 months and not heard the alarm once. im wondering if it even works. any ideas?

Hi the way i test my alarm on my car is close all windows lock the car with the fob press it once only has pushing it twice will double lock it and you cannot use the key to unlock the car. Wait 30-45 seconds then unlock the door with the key and the alarm should sound, close door and press unlock button to cancel alarm once activated.

hi,

if you look in your owners manual it tells you step by step how to test alarm. the sensors will activate the alarm when you lean through the window and put your hand lower down between the seat and the steering wheel.. i tested mine last week , as the security light has started flashing irregulary whilst the engine is switched on?? it never used to do this until i had a new ecu 2 weeks ago?

all tests were ok as per manual, so must be working?

any comments anyone?

:thumbsup: bert

iv tried all the tests and the alarm is still not going off. Is it possible that an alarm is not fitted? does an alarm come standard on all t-spirits? The central locking however does work and the security light does flash.

the T-Spirit doesn't have a internal/microwave senor, it only work off if the door opened.

The security light flashes when the ignition is turn off for about 30seconds.

how can i test it to see if it works of the door?

open window, lock car with ONE push of lock button on remote, and try to open door, that should set off the alarm. :thumbsup:

tried it and it does not set the alarm off

i would say its broken then. :thumbsup:

tried it and it does not set the alarm off

MMMM.....will look into this further for you then, and try and find out what would set the alarm off then

:thumbsup:

Does the T-Spirit actually have an alarm then?

I'm sure ours doesnt! :unsure: We have a 2.0 D-4D 52 plate T-Spirit, I'm pretty sure it doesnt have an alarm....

There must be some sort of alarm on it, otherwise i wouldn't be getting a discount on my insurance :help:

There must be some sort of alarm on it, otherwise i wouldn't be getting a discount on my insurance  :help:

I thought it was only the T-Sport in the Corolla range that has an alram.

To check mine, I'm sure I had to press the lock button twice as just doing it once doesn't atcivate it. Then unlock using just the key and open the doors.

:yes:

Looks like i'll be taking out a seperate alarm for the car soon, with what i've got stuffed in it :crybaby:

If it's any consolation, the car does have double locking/deadlocks.

Push the remote lock button twice, and it will be impossible to open the door, until you unlock the car next.

:thumbsup:

t-spirits do not have an alarm as standard only an immobiliser :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

And there was me with my £1300 sat nav/dvd/mp3 install thinking i had a nice alarm to protect it. Will i be able to get an alarm that works of the original key fob or will i have to get a sperate one fitted?

And there was me with my £1300 sat nav/dvd/mp3  install thinking i had a nice alarm to protect it.  Will i be able to get an alarm that works of the original key fob or will i have to get a sperate one fitted?

You think thats bad, well i've got some £4K+ of stereo install in my car, plus it was going to be updated very soon as well :unsure:

Looks like that Clifford alarm i've always wanted, will be coming sooner that i expected then :eek: