Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Injector Upgarding

jaxx

if funds permit over the winter or possibly early next year im hoping to be lifting out the engine and doing a bit of 'uprating'

basically i think ive decided on a stage3 ct20 to take her comfortably to 350bhp, as i want to maintain driveability at the best if times

main concern is whats the limit on the std 540(i think) injectors?? are they going to be requiring upgrading???

fuel pump and FSE valve are on the main list but not quite sure on this one?

My fuel was cutting out at around 19.8psi on the rollers, don't know if this was an electric limiter or the injectors couldn't cope. I know the rev 3 ones are bigger than the rev1/2. I wouldn't have thought you'd need bigger ones for a 350bhp figure.

Joe

19.8psi crikey! is that what you run all the time?

Save your money on the fuel pump, the OEM unit is FINE for 350+hp, internet myth is all that is.

Cheers

KiwiMR2

Save your money on the fuel pump, the OEM unit is FINE for 350+hp, internet myth is all that is.

Cheers

KiwiMR2

:yes:

Mine's run at nearly 21psi and still over-fuelling. Way off detonation. Injectors and pump are up to the job.

pump AND injectors good for 350!

mega!

will be starting on a charge cool system bud :yes:

ta guys! took a load off me shoulders!

pump AND injectors good for 350!

Fuel pump yes....injectors Im not sure. The CT20b won't get you to 350...300 MAYBE but not 350. TD06 kit would do well though ;)

Cheers

KiwiMR2

19.8psi crikey! is that what you run all the time?

LOL! no, the guy I took it too for RR got carried away. Took it for a spin like that and I swear the front wheels were lifting off the ground under acceleration!! I'm running 16psi at the moment. Always makes you want to crank it up when you've tried a higher setting :drool:

Joe

pump and injectors are actually good up to 400. so no need to change anything there. unless u want to also purchase a stand-alone to make em function correctly.

shes aleraedy rigged up with emanage with the injector control so thats sorted :D

pump and injectors are actually good up to 400. so no need to change anything there. unless u want to also purchase a stand-alone to make em function correctly.

i don't think that's possible, you'd have to be extremely lucky and have got them performing at above optimum level, which considering their age would surely be impossible. :wacko:

i don't think that's possible, you'd have to be extremely lucky and have got them performing at above optimum level, which considering their age would surely be impossible.  :wacko:

Not really......the fuel pump is proven to safely provide at least 350 rwhp no issue, injectors i've seen are good for around 300hp at the wheels, that's 260 odd kw's. I wouldn't see the car being "old" as an issue....mine is 13 years old and I managed to pull 263 hp at the wheels with bugger all mods & the cat still in there :)

Cheers

KiwiMR2

What HP are stock rev1 tubby injectors good up to, and what size are they ?

Im not 100% sure but I think the 440cc type I & II injectors will start maxing out around the 200 kw mark (270 hp)

Cheers

KiwiMR2

i thinky they do to be honest :yes: think its a commonish mod?

Jaxx.

Keep me posted mate.

I might well be interested early next year in those injectors

Thinking of a few more mods myself next year !

no worries matey :)

mite need the fuel rail aswell as per rev3.....

im sure ive heard it mentioned before

sure someone will enlighten us soon :yes:

rob if you want to push to 350bhp keep funds set aside for when the ringlands fail. mine failed at 1.4 bar and i was running 1.65 to get 350bhp. adiquate charge cooling is essential. go for an aquamist setup and inprove the intercooler setup.

by the way do you still want mine cos i need to sell it soon to fund the pipe work? :)

all internal and cooling work is a defo mate, i just havnt mentioned it, got everything sorted just concerned about the fuelling

i am still interested fella but funds are a bit tight currently :(

Personally i think it is a stupid idea to say keep the stock fuel system cuz it will acheive 350-400bhp..... How long will it last running at 100% of its limit. Much better to run parts at 50-70% of their max than std parts at 100%

A fuel pump is less then £100 ffs

I know what i would rather do and have done. Each to thier own and all that :!Removed!:

It will support 350+ hp COMFORTABLY, if you run the figures properly it comes ut just as good as a lot of aftermarket units. Injectors wil need changing though.

Cheers

KiwiMR2