Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Doesn't Feel Faster With Water Injection

Kom_2rev2

hi guys and girls

i have a water/meth injection on my car and have recently got the engine running properly

i disconected the WI tube from the inlet and put into a bottle to see if my WI kit was working as iv only owned the car for 2weeks. it turns out it is working

my query iss that, for sum reason, with the WI kit DIS-connected, the car feels near enuff exacly the same, if anything, faster without?

is there any fault with system that can cause this?

cheers

komi

Perhaps you've misunderstood exactly what water injection is for...

What turbo are you running?

What boost are you running?

What intercooler are you running?

What charge temps are you running?

Water injection is essentially to stop detonation on modified engines. It doesn't work like NOS by any means. It cools the charge temps using atomised water particles to help run higher boost levels with less risk of detonation.

If you weren't anywhere near detonation before or in fact too much above 40 degrees celcius with charge temps then you won't have noticed any difference.

Water injection also reduces the effect of heat soak and therefore extends the duration of your maximum power before it starts tailing off.

Water injection is more of a safety measure than a performance enhancing item. The way it increases performance is that you can run higher boost with lower charge temps... and hence more power.

That's it in a nutshell anyway... obviously there's more to it than just that...

Hope that helps.

:thumbsup:

Perhaps you've misunderstood exactly what water injection is for...

Water injection is essentially to stop detonation on modified engines. It doesn't work like NOS by any means. It cools the charge temps using atomised water particles to help run higher boost levels with less risk of detonation.

yes i kno its nothing like nos and u wont feel extra pin ur head back type performance, but reducing inlet temps i would have thought would be noticable differance.

ur right tho, come to think of it, i think il appreciate it more when its a hot summers day. my last turbo car was a night mare when the weather was warm.

cheers

My WI ment no real performance gains, but after driving round the Nurburgring and measuring temps with and without it makes a BIG difference.