Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gt-4's

hob

Hi im a complete newbie when it comes to celica's my question is which celica models are imports and which are uk ones? also what is the performace of the gt4? regards,

hob

depends on which generation you mean , 4 , 5 , 6 ????

gen 6 are ss1,ss2,ss3 and the gt4

uk models were st202- gt,st,sr ,gt4 st205 , they are all the same car in a way apart from minor differences , uk spec gt4 gen 6 are 239bhp , jap version 250 bhp .look here for info on the jap versions.

http://english.auto.vl.ru/catalog/toyota/celica/

whats wrong with a jap import ??? they are a better breed of car , less miles,less rust , better maintained

whats wrong with a jap import ??? they are a better breed of car , less miles,less rust , better maintained

the insurance for me is double for any import :(

have you tried norwich union ? they did mine as a uk model £360 fully comp

yeah , they told me if the registration number is on their database they will insure jap imports as uk versions , because they are the same car and parts are plentifull in the uk , its all to do with importing parts from japan and the cost if you have an accident which is just aload of insurance crap. norwich union recognise this and pass it on to the insured.

yeah , they told me if the registration number is on their database they will insure jap imports as uk versions , because they are the same car and parts are plentifull in the uk , its all to do with importing parts from japan  and the cost  if you have an accident which is just aload of insurance crap. norwich union recognise this and pass it on to the insured.

wow life saver thanks :D

norwich union...

£366 fully comp, european travel and protected no claims... they wern't to bothered about it being a jap import either...

Just trawl through their web site and answer the quiestions on their car insurance thing. easy peasy lemon squeezy. :D

The only thing I found with Norwich Union is that they require you to have a Cat 1 Alarm/Immobiliser in order to cover you for theft if you don't store it in a garage overnight. The UK models come with a factory fitted Cat1 but the imports don't so you may have to get a Cat1 Alarm fitted and a certificate.

Might just be the area I live in :lol: