Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Key Hole Surround

davdwinst

:help: This message is to any helpful Toyota Yaris/t-sport owner, who knows where i can pick up a protective ignition keyhole cover from, as i have just picked up my T-sport (second hand) and all the plastic surrounding the ignition key is totally scratched. I know this is a bit of a weird request but the scratches are annoying me.Many thanks to anyone with any feedback

ah ha another local t-sport owner. im from the leigh area. cant help u tho :P sure someone will be along soon to help:thumbsup:

Welcome to the group :)

I didnt know covers like that existed, I must admit that I find them annoying too on cars.

I hate that! My dad has done it on his car and its happening on my old yaris now he drives it. :ffs:

I look at what i'm doing or feel for the opening with my finger before i insert.

Its not hard.

How many local T-Sports is that now Chris?? (Including the stunning blonde bird's :drool: )

I hate that, and i also hate scratches around the outside keyholes (Not a problem in our cars though ;) )

But yeah, its not hard to put a key in a hole without missing it completely and scuffing everything around it! Probably a woman with rings and long fingernails has had it before you! :ph34r:

Welcome to TOC by the way!

well there is

Me

My mum and dad

Andy

Blonde Bird

Davdwinst

Danny

Manc Guy (sorry cant remember ur username)

there is also a carribian blue and blaleric blue 5 door round us as well

well there is

Me

My mum and dad

Andy

Blonde Bird

Davdwinst

Danny

Manc Guy (sorry cant remember ur username)

there is also a carribian blue and blaleric blue 5 door round us as well

And i pass 2 on the way into work thru Bolton, plus there is another Thunder grey in Leigh, i passed it last night, looked like it had a 90 year old driving it :wacko:

Do you mean Mancubas? his is Baleric Blue, met him yesterday, he's a sound guy! I was trying to persuade him to come to more meets!

sup dude, are you looking for the steering column housing..if so either try toyota dealers or a yaris that is being stripped, there are differences in the dash colours btw. if you do want the part from mr toyota, ive got the part number, just pm me and ill send ya the pnc # or the part number.

it's not just putting the key in..it's those peeps who close the doors with the key in the hole...so the rest of the keys smash against the body work!! or unlock it..take the key out..then with the same hand...full of keys'...operate the door handle! grrrrr!!!

Probably a woman with rings and long fingernails has had it before you!  :ph34r:

Yes thats right Rob, you blame the female of the species..... :rolleyes::lol::lol:

:group-cuddles: Thanks to all members who left me feedback on my request, good to know you respect your Toyota's. Let you know if i get the problem sorted

p.s can't wait to pick my car up next week, what a car the Yaris is!!! :thumbsup:

it's not just putting the key in..it's those peeps who close the doors with the key in the hole...so the rest of the keys smash against the body work!!  or unlock it..take the key out..then with the same hand...full of keys'...operate the door handle! grrrrr!!!

Hello Viper, as i only pick my 52 reg yaris t-sport up next week, could you please tell me how your front seat moves forward if someone gets in the back, as i was expecting the seat to spring forward as i brought the seat forward. Not bothered if its not supposed to, but just wanted to know in case it was faulty or i pulled the wrong handle. Many thanks. :thumbsup:

I look at what i'm doing or feel for the opening with my finger before i insert.

Its not hard.

:blink::lol:

I thought it was just me who had noticed that!!

Brilliant Dom, thanks for the laugh :lol::lol:

it's not just putting the key in..it's those peeps who close the doors with the key in the hole...so the rest of the keys smash against the body work!!  or unlock it..take the key out..then with the same hand...full of keys'...operate the door handle! grrrrr!!!

Hello Viper, as i only pick my 52 reg yaris t-sport up next week, could you please tell me how your front seat moves forward if someone gets in the back, as i was expecting the seat to spring forward as i brought the seat forward. Not bothered if its not supposed to, but just wanted to know in case it was faulty or i pulled the wrong handle. Many thanks. :thumbsup:

As it's a 52..then for starters all rear seat passengers get in via the passenger door....as the seats don't have memory..so you have to mess about setting it for your driving position again. No single leaver for this... lever on the side moves the seat back forwards and aft...bar under seat slides it forward.

vipes

Its not hard.

:blink::lol:

I thought it was just me who had noticed that!!

Brilliant Dom, thanks for the laugh :lol::lol:

I aim to please. ;)

As it's a 52..then for starters all rear seat passengers get in via the passenger door....as the seats don't have memory..so you have to mess about setting it for your driving position again. No single leaver for this... lever on the side moves the seat back forwards and aft...bar under seat slides it forward.

vipes

Cheers matey, thought it didn't, they could always climb through the boot, would that work!!!! :thumbsup:

rear seat passengers are as welcome fluffy dice!

The newer models have front seats with "memory" and lots of other corections to the phase 1....makes you wonder who they spoke to when they came out with the original design!...lots of silly simple things that should have been right in the first place....!

vipes

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links