Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How Much Chrome.

Uncle Bob

I keep a regular watch on eBay for Rav4 items, and I'm amazed by the amount of add-on chrome parts for the generation 2 Rav4 model, How much is to much ?good or bad taste ?

chromerearlamp.jpg

FuelCap.jpg

HeadlampCovers.jpg

MirrorCovers.jpg

I keep a regular watch on Ebay for Rav4 items, and I'm amazed by the amount of add-on chrome parts for the generation 2 Rav4 model, How much is to much ?good or bad taste ?

Not to mention side steps and throwing on bull bars at the front

there's also chrome trim for your number plates!!

Yes , i almost forgot the chrome door handle covers aswell :)

Long time, They normally use highly adhesive sticky backed tape.

There is also the chrome surrounds for the front wings indicators (for 2001-2003 RAV4's) and there is nothing stopping you going the full distance and get a set of chrome style alloy wheels.

Long time, They normally use highly adhesive sticky backed tape.

There is also the chrome surrounds for the front wings indicators (for 2001-2003 RAV4's) and there is nothing stopping you going the full distance and get a set of chrome style alloy wheels.

The full distance would be, 20" chrome spinners :D .

Now we're into Chav teritory! :D

:eek:

Don't get me wrong guys , i'm not knocking chrome extras for the Rav4, its just how far do you go.

If i had to start a shopping list, first off would be the stainless steel tread steps (as you open the doors ), then maybe the rear light trims, the rest would be down to the quality of the product, not sure if the eBay stuff is any

good, my thoughts are its just plastic that's chromed (and thats not going to last very long ) ;) .

So would chrome plastic wheel trim spinners, make a cheaper option :P :D :D .

Iwould like to see a fully chromed kitted out Rav4, trouble is it could look a bit over kill ,like the Suzuki Jimmy ;) .....not that i'm saying the jimmy is in the same class as the Rav4 :D :D .

I bought some chrome door handles off eBay for my Passat, and they were really good. Metal, and no pulling them off!

The door handles just tie some chrome into the side of the car, when normally it's all at the front or the back.

I was thinking of getting the rear light trim from eBay but would like to hear from anybody who has seen them - from a quality perspective. I like the look of the chrome trim on the latest models (05 onwards) but they wont fit an 02 RAV.

Guess it might be worth a punt?

I was thinking of getting the rear light trim from Ebay but would like to hear from anybody who has seen them - from a quality perspective. I like the look of the chrome trim on the latest models (05 onwards) but they wont fit an 02 RAV.

Guess it might be worth a punt?

Bit of a question mark on quility, the Toyota item (bottom photo ),i've seen in a dealer showroom and looks very very good....and cost £77.40 + vat, the eBay item ( top photo ) is almost half the price,so its a bit of a gamble ;)

db_2.JPG

car_portal_pic_16119.jpg

I agree that the Toyota trim looks good. But they'll only fit the latest models which look to have a slightly different light design - correct?

If anyone can prove me wrong, I'll got for the Toyota trim.......anyone?

I agree that the Toyota trim looks good. But they'll only fit the latest models which look to have a slightly different light design - correct?

If anyone can prove me wrong, I'll got for the Toyota trim.......anyone?

The rear light unit was updated from the NRG to the XT3, ....i'm sure your local dealer could tell you,better still ask Shutty on this Rav section :yes:

• 3 weeks later...

eBay items fit perfect ive got tail light covers and chrome side strips , just make sure you buy them from chrome your car, there service is top drawer and p&p is cheap as well .... :thumbsup:

ebay items fit  perfect ive got tail light covers and chrome side strips , just make sure you buy them from chrome your car, there service is top drawer and p&p is cheap as well .... :thumbsup:

Any chance of pics of the lights?

TIA,

Andy

I have a technical question for the IT or Admin guys, as most of this treads photo's are made up of eBay photo's, is it possible to save them on the site, because all eBay photo's time out after 90 days, this will make the thread pretty useless.....any advise or help :thumbsup: .

You could actually right click the photos, and save them Bob. Then you could upload them to a photo hosting site like www.photobucket.com

Then they would always be there! :thumbsup:

You could actually right click the photos, and save them Bob.  Then you could upload them to a photo hosting site like www.photobucket.com

Then they would always be there! :thumbsup:

Looks like i'll have to sign up to photobucket :) , will they allow photo's taken from eBay??.

My first photobucket jobbb...i hope :)

NewRav4.jpg