Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Starley Gt Handleing

LORD_ED

what they like to drive i have a friend whod looking at getting a pug 106 rally and im trying to persuade him to get a gt

the 106 rallye has been long quoted as being the best handling front drive hatchback of all time, telepathic steering control, excellent steering feel, great adjustability on the throttle, good grip, and copious amounts of lift off oversteer, exceptional body control...the gt is no competition whatsoever handling-wise, mainly due to the fact that its based on a rather ordinary chassis and suspension setup (macpherson front & torsion bar rear) which cannot deal with bumps anywhere near as good as the pug, it has a dull steering, kinda lifeless (im using the paseo as the example as its basically got the same setup) and the rear is just nowhere near as composed....safe but not very fun

handle allright but ilearnt to my cost they benefit greatly from uprated suspension and biggger wheels+tyres. god help you on stosk wheels. see my thread. need gt-t parts.lol

the rear suspension isnt torsion bar on the GT. the handling isnt brilliant but when lowered it does improve.

a bit of money spent on the handling and it wont be too bad.

i guess the rally hasnt got power steering?

• 2 weeks later...

i would say the pug handles better than the starlet, i had a saxo before my gtt and it felt much better when cornering, they handle very well. You definatly need to lower the starlet which i will be doing soon :D

macpherson front & torsion bar rear) which cannot deal with bumps

anywhere near as good as the pug

riko... the 106 has a torsion bar an macpherson struts?!

tha starlet shares essentialy the same suspension set up.. both cars utilise a pahard rod.

out of the box any standard 106 is graced with a decent handling chassis.

the starlet on the other hand handles well enough to have fun in but they dont hold any speed in the corners at all.....

basicaly every suspenion part can be upgreaded to make the starlet handle better the than 106 once fitted.

this makes the starlet a good prospect as you can go on a learning curve and realy get to know the ep buy slowly upgrading the suspesion compoents drawing the changes of every modification.

anti lift/caster kit

camber bolts

anti roll bar

polyurehane bushes

adjustble pahard rod

chassis bracing

decent coilovers

all add up to grace the ep with scary grip levels and adjustability.

get your mate to have a read at this site which should make up his mind.

http://hardcore.ep91.com

its based on the glanza but both cars share the samechasis and engine.. only the body work is realy different

hope that helps.

if i were to choose a well sorted ep or 106 i would choose the ep every time as they are way more potent then the 106 could ever bee.

yeh i know the 106 has the same setup...i was thinking about that when writing :unsure:

meh, i suppose its all in the fine tuning of spring rates and damping

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links