Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Should Respraying And Fitting Bumper...

ferrariboyuk

I finally seem to be getting my new bumper for the TS after tesco ripped the corner off mid july. :D :D :D :D

Though, after turning up at Mr T's desk for a seperate thing on the other yaris, the man said: "argh, yes i can book you in for tomorrow". But why did i have to show my face for him to tell me. Why didn't he phone first thing!

Anyway, he's giving me a courtesy car for a few days! A FEW DAYS just to spray the bumper and fit it. Is this normal??

lol just relish the fact they are giving you a brand new car for free for a few days! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

It shouldnt take that long no - but at least you wont be car-less! :thumbsup: :D

I finally seem to be getting my new bumper for the TS after tesco ripped the corner off mid july.  :D  :D  :D  :D

Though, after turning up at Mr T's desk for a seperate thing on the other yaris, the man said: "argh, yes i can book you in for tomorrow".  But why did i have to show my face for him to tell me.  Why didn't he phone first thing!

Anyway, he's giving me a courtesy car for a few days!  A FEW DAYS just to spray the bumper and fit it.  Is this normal??

Yeah this is a garage remember they cant make a cup of tea quickly :P

lol just relish the fact they are giving you a brand new car for free for a few days!  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

It shouldnt take that long no - but at least you wont be car-less!  :thumbsup:  :D

yeah that is one good thing. I asked if it would be an aygo but no luck. Would have liked to try one. I'll have to settle for the most basic yaris you can get.

Wont be able to sleep though until my car is where it belongs. In safe hands and on my driveway. :)

Which dealership are you going to?

It took Romford a week to sort a five inch scratch! :wacko:

Blue.

PS. did you know that Romford, Rayleigh and Chelmsford are actually owned by one and the same company?

Any experiences, or heard about, Essex Park Toyota in Wickford?

Yves.

Which dealership are you going to?

It took Romford a week to sort a five inch scratch! :wacko:

Blue.

PS. did you know that Romford, Rayleigh and Chelmsford are actually owned by one and the same company?

Any experiences, or heard about, Essex Park Toyota in Wickford?

Yves.

I'm going to chelmsford where i got the car from.

yeah, i knew they were the same, well had an idea anyway. The wickford one shut down ages ago didn;t it?

I'm going to chelmsford where i got the car from.

yeah, i knew they were the same, well had an idea anyway.  The wickford one shut down ages ago didn;t it?

I wasnt sure it was there anymore or not, I know Honda is there definately.

Hope you get your car back soon tho! I was well annoyed when I "lost" the T3 for a week :ffs:

The car they have given me hardly had any petrol in it!!! I put a fiver in asap and the last flashing bar still didn;t stop. I was surprised i made it to the petrol station. Any1 know how much £££ it is to fill the tank from empty to two bars?

And its dirty and stinks. Goes better than my 1 litre does though and the gear box is nice. Maybe i'll swop the engine and gear box from the T3 and my w reg gls. Will they notice? :D :yes:

Well the local bodyshop need my car for 4 days to take a dent out of a door and respray my bonnet and rear bumper so it sounds right! They can't do all the spraying in 1 day, as it needs time between coats to dry, and obviously they will have other jobs on too!

You will probably find the last day is spend cleaning it up for you, good bodyshops tend to do this when it's had work done to it - Well i know mine does!

A fiver and its still flashing? From flashing, a fiver gives me 3 bars!

I wouldnt have accepted it with no petrol - I'd have asked them to fill it up - why should you be out of pocket just because they are too lazy to fill up one of their courtesy cars..... :rolleyes:

The Yaris Blue that F&C gave me before I picked Kaori up had loads of petrol in, when I took it back it had hardly any and I offered to fill it back up and they told me to stop being silly!

You will probably find the last day is spend cleaning it up for you, good bodyshops tend to do this when it's had work done to it - Well i know mine does!

They wont be cleaning mine! I asked them not too! :lol: Partly becasue i polished and waxed it again on friday and partly because i dont like other people touching it. That includes servicing and stuff. I cant help it.

A fiver and its still flashing? From flashing, a fiver gives me 3 bars!

I wouldnt have accepted it with no petrol - I'd have asked them to fill it up - why should you be out of pocket just because they are too lazy to fill up one of their courtesy cars.....  :rolleyes:

The Yaris Blue that F&C gave me before I picked Kaori up had loads of petrol in, when I took it back it had hardly any and I offered to fill it back up and they told me to stop being silly!

Yeah, i was shocked when it was still flashing. They should add a policy where you have to return it with at least 2 bars. My dad says its common place with courtesy cars when he had them.

You dont get that generosity with Mr T in essex! He just told me that there's no need to put more than a fiver in. Seems he's wrong. I'll drive nearly 40 miles just taking it to and from Mr t.

Yeah, i was shocked when it was still flashing.  They should add a policy where you have to return it with at least 2 bars.  My dad says its common place with courtesy cars when he had them.

Yeah, with most courtesy cars you have to give them back with the same amount of fuel in as when you took them. With the Punto I got that was a full tank and the Corsa was 3/4 tank, but Toyota said not to bother filling it back up..... so I didnt!

At least you can warrant giving it back to them flashing! :rolleyes:

Just to add my two pennyworth re Essex Mr T dealerships.

Many years ago (like when I bought a new Carina!) I used Wickford for servicing. They were realy excellent and I'm sorry to hear they may have now gone - though I haven't used them for some considerable time now.

I currently use Chelmsford Toyota having bought my last two Yaris Versos from them (and am now looking at a Corolla Hatchback as a next car). Sales have always been very good (about as far from 'wanna new motor john' as you can get). However, they have been through a few ownership changes of late - Mark Kass, Chelmsford Toyota and have recently been taken over by Lookers. Servicing in the past has usually been ok but my recent experiences since Lookers took over have been bad. Nothing disastrous - things like poor admin, not checking spares in advance of taking booked car in, and a silly system of texting confirmation of servce that isn't capable of being chaanged to take account of the car being collected and returned. I suspect these are all the result of Lookers imposing its own standard processes used across the various makes that it is involved with.

Not suggesting peeps should avoid Chemsford - as I say, the sales team are very good but just be aware that Lookers has it's claws into the service side now. :huh:

Legal disclaimer: all just a personal opinion of course!