Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris Diesel Tuning

spectrallens

Hey y'all.

Anyone out there know where I can get a good in increase in power for my diesel Yaris for the best money & what can be done to it apart from a ECU remap? I know I could add a another turbocharger in there but that will involve strengthening the engine up a little bit, which is expensive. Please provice me with some links or contact numbers if anyone knows.

75bhp does feel quite slow. I want to get the car to around 150bhp (if that's possible). :unsure:

Any ideas anyone?

:eek:

First of all, hi and welcome! :thumbsup:

150? I know that you can get it chipped for about £450 to £550 which adds about 20-odd bhp and a sports air filter (a couple of us have ones from Jetex) gives a smoother power delivery for about £30...

As far as I know, nobody on here has had theirs chipped (just too expensive for me :( ).

I guess you could get 150 in bursts by adding nitrous (I'm thinking of what 5th Gear did to a Golf diesel at one point) but that always seems a bit complex and dangerous to me.

There might be a couple of brake in fitting a larger intercooler and relocating it down behind the bumper and in generlally improving the engine's cold air intake rather than that wee pipe on the airbox. I guess a more sporty exhaust and back box may help too.

Personally I see most of these as being pretty expensive and only adding a few bhp each and I don't see how you'll manage 150 without changing the engine - possible for one from a Fabia vRS!

Stick around and let us know how you get on though :thumbsup:

Alan

Chip and intercooler both seem pretty sensible! You could go extreme and uprate turbo, pressure and inners of engine to acheive big kaboom but then your wasting your money really!

turbo diesels respond incredibly well to chip tuning, most cases you can see a good increase in the region of 30% on power and torque!

that would see you getting close to 95ish bhp

a high flow panel filter would be a good idea to help the breathing on the front end, no need for a full induction filter as a TD boosts at very low RPM so your not gonna gain on a full airbox refit

same for exhausts, std equipment is normally optimum as a TD likes back pressure more than anything, a nice stainless box to maybe allow top end to free up slightly may add a small advantage, if not on looks and sound alone

an intercooler upgrade is a good option to help cool intake charge, although with a small engine and turbo i wouldnt advise a huge front mount intercooler and the associated pipe work as youll probably end up loosing power! enhancing airflow on the std item would be the best bet, possibly with a bonnet vent

and finally obviously wind up the boost a few PSi on the turbo and up the speed of the diesel pump, will coff a bit of the old black out the back but the increased delivery will give a better bang

i think with all that done you could easily be looking at pushing past 100bhp! and the torque if i remember rightly is about 130lb/ft in std from...

thats MORE than the T-Sport and twice as much as the 1.0! so with a 30% boost your looking at 170odd lb/ft of torque! thats pretty monumental for a diddy car!

id be impressed to see the old 1.4 d4d tuned up as im pretty adamant its a good capable engine under tuning :yes:

this may sound strange but why not have a look at some of the stuff the lads with Mini One D have done to there cars, with a K&N and a Chip the mini lads are getting 115bhp with 170Ib EASY. its the same engine now i`m not 100% what ECU they are running i.e the toyota one or a BMW one but even so there should be no reason to the yaris can`t do the same. as rob also said if the psi was also increased the lads with the Mini`s recon that 130bhp should be very simple to get. so a 130bhp, 190Ib 45mpg PLUS, Yaris D4D MMMMMMMMMMM why in gods name would you buy a thunder !Removed! T-Sport :huh::lol::thumbsup: