Do Not Sell My Personal Information

97 Carina 1.8 Gs

Eric B

I acquired the above car last week. When the alarm goes off the indicators flash but there is no horn or siren noise. I checked the forums and discovered the sound could be stopped by unplugging the grey plug under the washer bottle. All plugs are connected.

Is there any other way that the horn or siren could be re-enabled?

Thanks in anticipation.

Eric

I acquired the above car last week.  When the alarm goes off the indicators flash but there is no horn or siren noise.  I checked the forums and discovered the sound could be stopped by unplugging the grey plug under the washer bottle.  All plugs are connected.

Thanks in anticipation.

Eric

Which alarm is this? Is it a TVSS one?

I acquired the above car last week.  When the alarm goes off the indicators flash but there is no horn or siren noise.  I checked the forums and discovered the sound could be stopped by unplugging the grey plug under the washer bottle.  All plugs are connected.

Thanks in anticipation.

Eric

Yes it it.

Thanks in anticipation.

Eric

Yes it it.

Sorry - yes it IS.

Thanks in anticipation.

Eric

Yes it it.

Sorry - yes it IS.

My alarm is like this but I just left it because it is meant to be a problem with the location. They are located in the gap between the inner and outer wing where water gets to them. Totally daft place to put an alarm. People that work in dealers say they commonly stop working properly for this reason.

It's so hard to get to I have little desire to pull it out. If it does need a new alarm you are as well just getting a non brand one anyway.

Thanks in anticipation.

Eric

Yes it it.

Sorry - yes it IS.

My alarm is like this but I just left it because it is meant to be a problem with the location. They are located in the gap between the inner and outer wing where water gets to them. Totally daft place to put an alarm. People that work in dealers say they commonly stop working properly for this reason.

It's so hard to get to I have little desire to pull it out. If it does need a new alarm you are as well just getting a non brand one anyway.

Thanks - I came out of tesco the other day and the indicators were all flashing (for no apparent reason). No damage to the car - I'll probably leave it as it is. Thanks.

If you take the plastic guards off under the wings, its easy enough. half a dozen 10mm bolts is all. The guards should keep the water out..one would think!! Some remotes are fitted with jumpers to enable the audio!

If you take the plastic guards off under the wings, its easy enough. half a dozen 10mm bolts is all. The guards should keep the water out..one would think!! Some remotes are fitted with jumpers to enable the audio!

Thanks - will give it a try some time.