Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Alarm

toyota rally

hi how do i turn the sensitivity down on my rolla. it can sit there all day and be fine , i take it for a run park up and within the next hour it will go off for nothing?????

any ideas

cheers

hi how do i turn the sensitivity down on my rolla.  it can sit there all day and be fine , i take it for a run park up and within the next hour it will go off for nothing?????

any ideas

cheers

Sounds a bit dodgy to me, take it to the dealers to have a look at. I've had mine over a year and it's not gone off once.

:thumbsup:

The alarm on my Gen 7 Celica used to go off from time to time. I was told that false alarms could be caused by leaving coins or other metal objects in the armrest storage. Seemed strange, but after I stopped doing that I had no further false alarms so maybe that was the cause. I wonder whether there's a similar problem on the Rolla?

thats interesting i have never left money in the car but since i have been away the wife as yused it a few times and i now have a coin holder on the right hand side of the steering wheel, full of coppers ill try remove them see what happens

it due a service end off september so i will tell them it keeps going of

many thanks

hi how do i turn the sensitivity down on my rolla.  it can sit there all day and be fine , i take it for a run park up and within the next hour it will go off for nothing?????

any ideas

cheers

A forum search would have unearthed the answer to your problem, but here goes (again!!)

This is a common problem and I found the answer in this forum six months ago. With your boonet up and looking to the rear just to the right of centre of the engine compartment you will see a pressure switch which is operated when the bonnet opens and closes.

The tolerances on this are very close. The bonnet when it closes only opens the switch by a marginal amount. During and after a run the heat generated from the engine causes the bonnet to expand and flex very slightly. As it cools and returns to it's normal shape it allows the switch to close......with the result that the alarm activates.

Solution - adhere a small spacer (no more than a couple of mm thick) to the underside of the bonnet where the switch makes contact. If you look very very carefully you can see where this is as the switch leaves a slight mark on the paint.

For the first couple of weeks of owning my t-sport I was getting several false alarm activations a week. Since doing the above (six months ago) not one.

I'll let you decide if it was this or leaving coins in the car........

thats interesting i have never left money in the car but since i have been away the wife as yused it a few times and i now have a coin holder on the right hand side of the steering wheel,  full of coppers ill try remove them see what happens

it due a service end off september so i will tell them it keeps going of

many thanks

That's interesting.... I always thought Corollas had a coin holder (for 4/5 pound coins for example) to the right of the steering wheel, but mine has none! The TRC switch is in its place... or do you mean the little pocket that flips out???

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links