Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Day Time Running Lights

tyroneco

I have an Avensis 1999 model 2.0 A/T purchased from Embassy of Switzerland here in the Philippines. Everything seems to be Ok but the only thing that bothers me is the headlamp and the tailamp are always turn on after I start the engine.

t :thumbsup: hen your better seen for other road users

I always drive with my lights on day and night

Its safer for everybody :thumbsup:

Edited by G6-R

I believe it's just a case of finding the DRL relay, and pulling it out.

Seriously, just have a look in your manual and locate the DRL relays. Most likely under the bonnet/hood.

If you haven't got a manual, look under the bonnet for the relay boxes. Pull the cover and there should be a diagram with the DRL relays labelled. Pull them out, and your problem is sorted!

Unless it's ECU controlled DRLs of course! But then you won't have DRL relays.

PS, there may only be one DRL relay rather than a couple. It depends, I haven't got the wiring diagram in front of me.

I believe it's just a case of finding the DRL relay, and pulling it out.

I found the DRL relay, its under the dashboard. But after i unplugged it, DRL is off but all the lights went off too. even if i manually swtich it on

Are you sure there is only the one DRL relay then? Maybe it's just one you pull.

As I say, i've got no electrical drawings of that model to check. But on the Rav4 for example, there are two DRL relays. If you pull the correct one then the lights will still work. But if you pull the wrong one then they won't.

But they may still be wired through the relay in your case so you may not be able to disable them that easily, and wire pulling will be required.

However, i'm an electrical engineer so if someone has an electrical drawing of the lighting circuit with DRLs then i'll figure out what you need to do.

:thumbsup:

Are you sure there is only the one DRL relay then?  Maybe it's just one you pull.

As I say, i've got no electrical drawings of that model to check.  But on the Rav4 for example, there are two DRL relays.  If you pull the correct one then the lights will still work.  But if you pull the wrong one then they won't.

But they may still be wired through the relay in your case so you may not be able to disable them that easily, and wire pulling will be required.

However, i'm an electrical engineer so if someone has an electrical drawing of the lighting circuit with DRLs then i'll figure out what you need to do.

:thumbsup:

I can't find the 2nd DRL relay under the bonnet, so i went back to the DRL relay under the dashboard and tried to cut the line coming from the ignition.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links