Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Corolla T-sport Recalls?

eavp

Has anybody here know about any recalls on the CTS lately??? Over here in Central America we don't get the news on this....A recall of any kind on the engine or parts, etc...

thx

i´m not surprised if it´s 0 recalls. Toyota makes among the most reliable cars in the world and they really seems to try them out much before they release a new car.

Dont bet on it the way that my dealer was speaking they might call back the cts to solve the light problem

Toyota reliability, the light problem is harly much of an issue, and i have only read two posts that have suggested its much of a problem, and I'd like to think they will sort it, mines due a servcie and I'll elt them know about it, but if you want to see what problems with cars are like you should take a look at the FFOC site, I had and ST170 when they first came out only had it for 42 days and it was at the garage for all but 7 of those, I was so pleased to come back to Toyota, have had 3 Corolla's now and wish I had never bothered going to ford for a change. So yes my CTS has a little niggle but nothing to concern me about, and not sure it needs a recall to resolve, it one of those things that can wait untill its in the gagrage for a service.

right, recalls are something that affects a lot of cars... for example CTS ligh issues are showing up only on small amount of cars... there is not even one TSB for CTS yet - I know since we get TSB's for all Toyota cars in the world ;-)

There has been a recall recently for the Yaris (all models but TS) - where the rear drum brakes needed a tweak. My sister's was fixed while she waited and they were nice enough to give her a bag of car cleaning goodies for her trouble.

I don't know if it was only a cars manufactured in a short period of time - I think we would have heard more if all of them were recalled.

Toyota's mechanical reliablility is second to none - they just needed to work more on their presentation. The new Corrolla and Avensis show that they are making big steps in interior quality.

Well guys my concern when I started this topic, was because my CTS is back in the shop, It'll sit there for the next month and a half :ffs: , because a problem on the gearbox, to be more specific a problem with the directional gear, with the 6th gear, there's a broken teeth on that gear. Wich they told me I broke....After I :censor: them, they will assume responsability.

Any one with something similar to this???? :!Removed!:

Spwolf,

My dealer told me that they only recall cars if the problem is likely to cause injury. Fact is there is likely to be a few modifications for the New Corolla but if you don't complain about an issue you will never know if there is a fix. As you seem to work for a Toyota dealer could you please give use a full list of fixes/modifications past and present for the New Corolla T2, T3 and Tspirit, such as rattling inlet manifold, dropping cd radio facia, loose rear axel bolts thing like that., as every time I raise an issue with my dealer he either says there is a fix or mod for that or Toyota are working on a fix.

If every time there was a modification for your car, you would want it fitting, how much would that cost Toyota. That is why if you don't raise an issue they won't present a cure.

hi,

TSB - Toyota Service Bulletin, is used to tell dealers of common issues with cars that are fixed under warranty and that happen a lot. I dont have any TSB's for CTS at all.... now, that doesnt mean they dont happen, its just that they dont happen a lot hence TSB is not issued. Your dealer might be repairing a lot of Corolla's, so they might know things that go wrong with them more often.... but still, I know that I have been checking for TSB's for my CTS and never saw any.

Don't know if this applies to T-Sports also

Toyota Has Recalled the 2003 Toyota Corolla

(SafetyAlerts) - Toyota Has Recalled the 2003 Toyota Corolla because the rear axle bolts may loosen.

Potential Number of Units Affected: 8483

Manufactured: 01/2002 - 02/2002

Defect Summary:

VEHICLE DESCRIPTION: PASSENGER VEHICLES. IT IS POSSIBLE FOR THE BOLT(S) TO BE LOOSE THAT JOIN THE REAR BRAKE AND HUB ASSEMBLY TO THE REAR AXLE CARRIER DUE TO INSUFFICIENT TIGHTENING DURING THE ASSEMBLY PROCESS.

Consequence Summary:

IF THE VEHICLE IS CONTINUOUSLY OPERATED IN THIS CONDITION, ONE OR MORE OF THE FOUR BOLTS COULD COME LOOSE, CAUSING AN ABNORMAL NOISE FROM THE REAR AXLE AREA. IN THE EVENT THAT ALL FOUR BOLTS LOOSEN COMPLETELY, SEPARATION OF THE REAR BRAKE AND HUB ASSEMBLY FROM THE REAR AXLE CARRIER COULD OCCUR, WHICH, IN THE WORST CASE, COULD LEAD TO A LOSS OF VEHICLE CONTROL.

Corrective Summary:

DEALERS WILL PROPERLY TIGHTEN THE BOLTS. OWNER NOTIFICATION IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN DURING APRIL 2002. OWNERS WHO TAKE THEIR VEHICLES TO AN AUTHORIZED DEALER ON AN AGREED UPON SERVICE DATE AND DO NOT RECEIVE THE FREE REMEDY WITHIN A REASONABLE TIME SHOULD CONTACT TOYOTA AT 1-800-331-4331.

Hi

It was only the 2002 model years and if you had one you were notified, someone must have been asleep on the line that week. They also had to recall them because someone forgot to put a hole in the brake fluid filling cap, perhaps that monkey got bored stamping hole.

It seems the time has come for the Toyota factories to be run like concentration camp... :ph34r:

Seriouslly, has the problem with premature burn-out of H7 lamps (short-life) on Corolla been observed by Toyota...mine has burned-out at 10000km which is too short a lifespan, and a magazine that is hard-testing the Corolla claims they have changed 5 lamps in, like 30000 kms??? Anyone?

:eek:

It seems the time has come for the Toyota factories to be run like concentration camp... :ph34r:

Seriouslly, has the problem with premature burn-out of H7 lamps (short-life) on Corolla been observed by Toyota...mine has burned-out at 10000km which is too short a lifespan, and a magazine that is hard-testing the Corolla claims they have changed 5 lamps in, like 30000 kms??? Anyone?

My T Sport was one of the recall cars for rear axle bolts. Yep, premature burn-out of H7 lamps is a problem. Done it twice within 20000 kms. It's also extremely hard to change the lamps, the space around the engine compartment is so small...

thats because:

1. their service centers used cheap replacement bulbs, non original. We made sure to use only genuine TMC parts in this case.

2. Corolla has always on lights, obviously when the lights are always on, they will get spent much quicker than if they were on during the night only.

So far we had one Corolla without lights at 35,000 km, which is not bad at all for always on lights (which are in turn mandatory in the EU)

Regards, spwolf, I'm baaack... :lol:

Well, I have had the garage replace the bulb with my own so let's see how long this one will take before it goes out for good... :rolleyes:

It is true that Corolla has its headlights on at all times, and can thus agree that even original bulbs may not last very long...this wouldn't be a problem if those H7s were not that hard to replace)...and I would REALLY hate to be forced to go to a garage every 10000 kms just to have a bulb replaced and even pay for it...a bit ridiculous, isn't it...it's just a !Removed! bulb... :ffs: