Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Most Powerful Yaris On The Forum

jay dh

thats a pretty sweet price, are u fitting it urself, if not ur going to be looking at around the same cost in larbour charges to get it fitted!!

most turbo units only cost £1400, its the fitting and remapping which bumps the price up

a number of us, including myself have relocated the apexi, some 90 degrees, which in my opinon would be the best optoin, but u need a new battery tray, so i just opted with a 45 degree angle, very tight squeeze but it does fit !! pic below :

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.p...gallery&id=1121

ah so you finally did it charlie :) ,im goign to get the manifold and de cat fitted by envy hopefully end of month when i get my final pay, but i need to get the unichip fitted too!,

Do you fit they'll need to touch my apexi or out when fitting the manifold, doesnt look like it as it towards back of engine bay.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chuck04

• earpl

• admanirv

• cmarshall

just on the record remeber spratty is pushing 130bhp from the 1.3 :yes:

thats a whopping 34% increase and the block and that is the same, its just the crank and stroke that determine the difference between the 1.3 and 1.5

so i would have thought around 140 before forced ind/NOS would be readily available :yes:

who's spratty? how did he get 130 out of a 1.3? i'm very interested!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

sounds well worth the sacrifice though!!!! :lol: maybe not then!!!!

those are very impressive results for a 1.3, shows true tunability, however i bet it cost a bit and a lot of time and hard work

6 runs between 7.4 and 8 secs last night. thats with the caterpillar removed :P

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Was speakingm to the guy at dastek, when i get my de cat, and manifold fitted by envy, and going to dastket to get the ecu sorted out, the guy said i can take it up the 1/4 mile strip and will plug in a reader to get a confirmed 0-60, after its been finished oviosuly aswell as bhp/torqye figures.

i realistically think ill in the high 7's confirmed. and abouit 16.1 1/4 mile time

those are very impressive results for a 1.3, shows true tunability, however i bet it cost a bit and a lot of time and hard work

not really, i think theres alot of restricitons and its only running a different exhaust, some form of airfilter, a wilder cam and then the rest is down to expert ECU mapping

all your cars are dumbed down to suit !Removed!-boy greenpeace pants emission regulation crap and never are allowed to REALLY reach their optimum potential

not really, i think theres alot of restricitons and its only running a different exhaust, some form of airfilter, a wilder cam and then the rest is down to expert ECU mapping

all your cars are dumbed down to suit !Removed!-boy greenpeace pants emission regulation crap and never are allowed to REALLY reach their optimum potential

haha well put :thumbsup:

Turbo is going to be fitted by a mate of mine, he stripped, cleaned and put back together a seirra cosworth 4x4 turbo in 4 days. clean gearbox EVERYTHING, impressive doing it by oneself.

I think my apexi rsm is off cos i keep getting 15. something quarter miles. strange.

Jaxx you sure about spratty having a wilder cam in the car? i didnt think there was any cam modifications for the vvt-i cus of all the valve clearance issuse and no one has worked out what kind of profile will work and how it will work with the vvti.

otherwise we woud all be getting cams into the cars. easy BHP

i just had a brain wave.... it will probably not come to anything. but isnt the VVT-i only working on the INTAKE? so if you think about it you could get a wilder cam for the Exhaust ports? would that work?

or do both intake and exhaust have to be change to make any benefits?

Jaxx you sure about spratty having a wilder cam in the car?  i didnt think there was any cam modifications for the vvt-i cus of all the valve clearance issuse and no one has worked out what kind of profile will work and how it will work with the vvti.

otherwise we woud all be getting cams into the cars.  easy BHP

i just had a brain wave.... it will probably not come to anything.  but  isnt the VVT-i only working on the INTAKE?    so if you think about it you could get a wilder cam for the Exhaust ports? would that work?

or do both intake and exhaust have to be change to make any benefits?

i have seen i think piper cams for the 1.3, i may try find some for the ts, a 1.3 on eBay had them fitted (so he said)

whats yours running nick or is it still in process?

are you sure its a simple as dropping them in and tunning the air/fuel

how do you know how it reacts with the vvti?

mines still in process.

but some significant progress has been made :yes:

managed to get UK suppliers to make pistons and rods for a moderate ammount. :D

Gonna have to stop using the forum after a night out

I remembered an old post about changing the throttle bodys...and for some reason when you mentioned the cams bah ill shut up now

sorry :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links