Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gt4 Injectors & Stuff.

daktari

Justa quickie cos i`m busy as hell and not got the time to hunt round for info. :(

The next move on my mod list is to sort out the fueling, I need to get as much info as i can, so i can get the parts ready. . Really want to get it right first time. (Some hope) I`m not planning on replacing any of the engines internals just yet. (In fact i`ll be lucky if i get any thing done just yet :unsure: ) So, questions are.......

1/Can anyone tell me what power the standard injectors on an ST185 can handle???

2/Is there any point upgrading to Mk3 Supra turbo injectors ??

3/What instrumentation would be an advantage to keep an eye on the fuelling?

4/Finally. Adjustable FPR. ? What would be the benefits of fitting one instead of the stock item?

Probably bit obvious but i`m having more than one crisis at the moment and multi tasking don`t suit me. :lol:

Thanks in advance chaps. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Justa quickie cos i`m busy as hell and not got the time to hunt round for info.  :(

The next move on my mod list is to sort out the fueling, I need to get as much info as i can, so i can get the parts ready. . Really want to get it right first time. (Some hope) I`m not planning on replacing any of the engines internals just yet. (In fact i`ll be lucky if i get any thing done just yet :unsure: ) So, questions are.......

1/Can anyone tell me what power the standard injectors on an ST185 can handle???

2/Is there any point upgrading to Mk3 Supra turbo injectors ??

3/What instrumentation would be an advantage to keep an eye on the fuelling? 

4/Finally. Adjustable FPR. ? What would be the benefits of fitting one instead of the stock item?

Probably bit obvious but i`m having more than one crisis at the moment and multi tasking don`t suit me.  :lol:

Thanks in advance chaps.  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

1/ I think it's around 300 hp at the flywheel, but they're probably maxed out there and you're not supposed to run 100% duty cycle.

2/ Probably not. Mk3 supra made 234 hp, but that was over 6 cylinders. So I doubt that the flow any higher than 3s-gte injectors. I think I have a tech specs for quite a few of the injectors used by Toyota, but it must be saved on my PC at work. I'll see if I can find it tomorrow.

3/ Wideband O2 sensor + supporting hardware (wideband sensors need some clever drive electronics). This place has some good value for money wideband setups, especially if you buy a kit and assemble it yourself:

http://wbo2.com/

4/ No, don't even go there. Adjustable FPR's are the bodge from hell. If you need to raise fuel pressure get a higher pressure static regulator/ replacement spring (if possible? :unsure: ).

Don't forget, you will probably need a higher spec fuel pump (Walbro :thumbsup: ) at some point too. This webpage might be useful to you:

http://www.mrcontrols.com/installs/fuel/FSover.htm

whack some ST205, side feed injectors 540cc in him .OR Blitz 850cc side feed injectors, complete with fitting kit £131 EACH

aalso dont forget you need a way of controlling bigger injectors. the ecu dosnt see how much fuel is going in the engine, just how long the injector is open for. so putting a bigger injector in will sort out hi end boos fueling but cause it to run as rich as h*ll on low speed and idle possibly causing borewash. your next step should be a stand alone programmable ecu with the injectors

another thing to know, the standard 185 fuel rail can't cope with any higher than about 280 bhp, as no.4 runs lean, you'll need to get a new fuel rail to go with any bigger injectors and a walbro or supra fuel pump to keep up with demand. theres a GB on the OC for wolfkratz ones ;)

like it's been mentioned you'll need some control over your duty cycle after fitting bigger injectors, personally i'm using an e-manage but there is plenty of options, just try to avoid the uni-chip if you value your engine

Cheers dude. Glad you mentioned about the unichip. Confirms my suspicions. I was toying with getting one fitted but had been told of `issues`with them. I take it you`ve had no problems with the e manage system.? Also i believe there is a modification that can be done with th estandard fuel rail. Involves utilising the 5th injector outlet... any ideas or is it just a myth? :thumbsup:

it's more of a myth, there's been tonnes of descussion on the GT4OC about it a few months ago when someone thought of creating a duel feed rail out of the standard rail. to cut it all short, everyone agreed your better off getting a wolfcratz one as they've been thru testingto ensure there is no pressure drop and no danger of running lean.

i've not had a single problem with my e-manage yet, takes about 45minutes to fit, as long as it takes to map and you have a whole new driving experiance once your done. definately worth getting if your tuning on a budget, if your going all out go get yourself a MoTeC and enjoy all the extra toys that come with it :D