Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Yaris, Damaged Already:-(

foft

Bought myself a nice Thunder Grey 1.3 Colour Collection Yaris a month ago. Colour decision based on reading this forum. Its great :) But... I just noticed someone has scratched the front corner. I expect while parking. So I have a damaged Yaris :crybaby: I tried searching on here for similar damage to see how much it costs or best thing to do. But I couldn't find anything...

Here is a small (in KB!) picture of the damage. Poor things only done 2000 miles:

yarisdamage.jpg

So the plastic strip is damaged, scratches to the bumper and the paint taken off the corner of the front panel above the wheel (can't see it much in the picture -> dark out and flash reflected). Any idea how much it'll cost to fix? Or am I best just getting polishing the bumper with some paint spreader stuff and touching up the end of the metal front panel?

Thanks,

Mark

Hi and welcome to the forums..... its a shame someone elses mindless damage had to be the subject of your first post..... :unsure:

I'm really sorry to hear about this - some people are so stupid and careless! The best thing to do is to go round a few bodyshops getting quotes for a bumper respray - you can try Toyota as well but they will charge a lot more.

If your insurance excess is very cheap you could consider making a claim on that if it works out cheaper for you....

Hope you get it sorted soon matey! :group-cuddles:

Hi and welcome to the forums..... its a shame someone elses mindless damage had to be the subject of your first post.....  :unsure:

Yeah sorry for that being my first post. Bit rude. I've been lurking for a bit though ...

Thanks,

Mark

Hi and welcome to the forums..... its a shame someone elses mindless damage had to be the subject of your first post.....  :unsure:

Yeah sorry for that being my first post. Bit rude. I've been lurking for a bit though ...

Thanks,

Mark

No.... lol, I didnt mean it like that! I meant it really is a shame - you should be on here all happy and jolly, telling us all about your sparkly new Yaris, not about some eejit whos scraped your sparkly new Yaris.... it just doesnt seem fair.... :unsure:

i had sort of the same damage, although mine was dented in the wheel arch. best bet is to go thru insurance if it works out cheap or use some of that Halfords scratch repair kit, theres a cement applicator (used sparingly, its meant for deeeeep scratches, dents) and a colour pen so if done properly, no1 will know! :P

Chipsaway or whatever they are called? They should work out pretty cheap I'd imagine! :thumbsup:

Welcome to the club aswell matey! :group-cuddles:

Welcome to TOC foft.

Sorry to hear about the damage to your car; I've had that on new cars so I know how annoying it can be.

Have you tried cleaning it; hard to say from pics, but looks like you've got a lot of the other car's paint on yours - once you clean that off it might not look so bad. You may be able to live with it. Some t-cut might help, but apply polish afterwards or else paint will fade.

If you can't live with it shop around for quotes. If repair's going to be expensive then don't forget to GO GOLD which will help you get some cash off the bill and then help you again when you're due for a service.

Back luck. Same thing happened to my new t sport recently which you might know about if you've been on the site a bit.

My bumper has just been replaced and paid for by tesco as they did the damage.

From what i remember from the quote, paint was £60, labour was 120.

Sorry to hear about this and i know how you feel.

Got my Tsport with 2k on the clock and with out a scratch.

Within 2 months someone has doored the drives side twice on small dent in rear quater panel and then a long line on drivers door right on the creaseabout 2 inches long.

Then another small dent on passenger side and someone has scuffed the rear bumper down to the under coat and then i span in the damp into lamp post but no real damage there just a creased bumper.

I come to the conclusion that this car is going to be a bumper car :( and once you have the first dent one does not really mind as no longer a virgin car.

It just really annoyes you :censor:

Plus black shows up everything

I had similar scratches removed from my wing - cost me about 80quid from chipsaway - you can get a local dealer from chipsaway.com

Many thanks to all for the replies and advice. I've decided to ask chipsaway for a quote. I'll post back here with how it went.

If anyone has a reason I shouldn't go with chipsaway let me know!

Thanks,

Mark

Got to feel for you there, I damaged mine when I had mine for about a week, broke my heart, the only thing I could take from it was I did it myself so I was (eventually) able to put it down to experience & learn from it

hey welcome to toc, love the colour :thumbsup: fine choice indeed

sorry to hear about the misfortune, best of luck getting it all sorted, hopefully shouldnt cost too mutch esp if its only paint damage rather than dents etc

That will polish out.

If rubbed with some fine (2000 or 1500 grade) sandpaper then polished back up with cutting compound, it will look as good as new.

It will cost you about £10 max for these things compared to 80 quid for a company to come do it for you! and it willl only take 5 mins.

I used to work in a bodyshop and did little jobs like this quite a lot.

Hiya, I see you are from Essex :) which part are you in?

So they do! I missed that! That makes 4 that i'm aware off.

Goodmayes/Chadwell Heath area...

BTW I've seen a Thunder Grey T-Sport round here. A member of this club?

That will polish out.

If rubbed with some fine (2000 or 1500 grade) sandpaper then polished back up with cutting compound, it will look as good as new.

It will cost you about £10 max for these things compared to 80 quid for a company to come do it for you! and it willl only take 5 mins.

I used to work in a bodyshop and did little jobs like this quite a lot.

Thanks.

I might have a go at this tomorrow morning. I thought metallic paint was more troublesome for things like this. Doesn't it have a clear layer on top, that adds the "shine"?

Guess I'm concerned I'll screw it up more and I'll be charged more when I eventually pay someone!

at the end of the day, if u dont feel comfortable, then its not worth the hassel, it wont hurt getting a quote, and if reasonable then go with it, its a learning curve and ive screwed a few things up in the past myself , the way i look at it is, if i cant do it or dont feel comfortbale then i wont attempt it :thumbsup:

Goodmayes/Chadwell Heath area...

BTW I've seen a Thunder Grey T-Sport round here. A member of this club?

Ah you're a bit further out then, I'm in Thurrock, ferrariboyuk is in Brentwood and vitzpower is from Southend :)

I scraped the Metallic Island Green T3 I had on a door on my Dad's garage - it didnt dent the paintwork, but it did scratch it and leave a horrible turquoise-y green paint mark all along for about 10 inches or so on the rear pass side wing just above the stone chip covering things. I managed to get most of the paint off by using a fingernail covered with a thin bit of cloth. Got the majority of the scratches off with T-Cut. I was scared too, but it worked, wasn't perfect but the visions of having to pay hundreds of pounds vanished :lol:

Surely trying to T-Cut it won't hurt?

at the end of the day, if u dont feel comfortable, then its not worth the hassel, it wont hurt getting a quote, and if reasonable then go with it, its a learning curve and ive screwed a few things up in the past myself , the way i look at it is, if i cant do it or dont feel comfortbale then i wont attempt it  :thumbsup:

Wise words Charlie.....

I *almost* scraped my car in the multi-storey in town yesterday.... theres these awful concrete posts and the spaces by them are tiny but there were the only spaces left (cause no one wants them because everyone always scrapes their car!)

I was about a millimetre off the concrete.... I was cacking it! Luckily it all turned out ok, even if I was parked a little close to the car next to me! I was worried they'd ding my door when they left before me, but I checked and they hadn't!

If I had scraped it though, I wouldnt have even bothered to do it myself, like you I'd be worried I'd make a mess, like Charlie says, it cant hurt to get a few quotes and have a pro do it! :thumbsup:

• 3 months later...

Reviving this 4 month old thread! Kept meaning to post back here.

Just wanted to say I got the local Chips Away guy (Dave Kemble) to fix it in the end. After buying T-cut and the like I decided I wasn't brave enough. The scratches seemed too deep to me to rub out.

Dave charged me more than I'd like. About 170 quid iirc. However he did spend a long time on it and do a very nice job. Can't tell anything was there now, however closely I look. Just a very slightly different texture if you touch it.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Mark

i need my bumper done got a right scrape on the front in the middle looks alot but aint had chance to get it done have you got the addy of the chips away where you got yours done please thank you hopefully not to dear and how long did he take to do it as well as i cant be without my baby for to long :P