Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Leaking Oil - Warranty

deckie

Hi,

Found oil on the driveway (again!!) from my 52 plate Yaris. This is the fourth time, I've got really annoyed now. the reason being is that on every occasion I returned it to the dealer and as it was covered under the warranty, they kept it overnight, put some sealent in and top it up with oil. Then it was "See how you go on...."attitude.

The warranty runs out in December and got the impression that they were just doing a quick fix and then shaft me to repair it when the warranty ran out.

I have kicked up, but when I mentioned that it was the fourth occasion I brought it back, they checked their records and only had it down as repaired in December 2003!!!! They even gave me a 53 plate coutesy car the last time it happened earlier in the year!!

They have now booked the car in for 2 days (not just overnight now), to repair the sump (again) and to order some parts for something else.

I've lost total faith with this branch. Can anybody receommend who best to write to in case it happens again after the warranty??

I've also had problem with having my Avensis serviced there for the past 2 years. The oil light came on each tome a couple of monthsafter been serviced. Got it checked at a friends garage and it appears there was no oil in the car!!!!

So, as you can imagine - i'm not happy with this and I wanted it logged. i will not be going back there for a service!!!!!

Dec

Can you take it to a different dealer mate?

My original dealer was awful - but I found the new lot (Sims in Northampton) to be reasonably ok. Ok - I admit I have to tell them what to do - but at least they do it!

I've also had problem with having my Avensis serviced there for the past 2 years. The oil light came on each tome a couple of monthsafter been serviced. Got it checked at a friends garage and it appears there was no oil in the car!!!!

Do you never check your dipstick?....(should do every 2 weeks)......surely you do not run for two months without checking levels?

Do you never check your dipstick?....(should do every 2 weeks)......surely you do not run for two months without checking levels?

Never rely on an oil light. The pressure sensor could become stuck and give you false readings. As red yaris 54 said, check it manually just to be on the safe side.

Dont know a lot about the warranty, BUT repairing the problem once the warranty has run out is easy to do yourself.

Firstly, you need to find the source of the leak. clean the area up completely and use some Holts Instant gasket. I have that stuff on my engine, and i haven't had a problem in 2 years :)

Just tryin to help, sorry if it doesn't...

Cheers,

Dave

OK, sounds like you're doing the right things to me. Firstly document every time it's been into the dealers for work done. Dealer should also keep records of this so try and get a print out of each job they've done. If you have any problems with this in the future you'll have proof of an ongoing fault with the car. You'll then have a very good case for the continuing work should the problem continue outside the warranty period.

As for who to contact you should be able to find the details for TGB (Distributor network) in your owners manual should you wish to complain about one of their dealers or have any further queries on the work that needs doing

Where abouts is the leak coming from and which engine type is it?