Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I'd Forgotten How Good It Was...

alanbradley

Well...

The last few weeks I've hardly been driving my car as I had the Hilux whilst I was on holiday and then again last week to collect the 2CV (that I've named Limace, Em - well you have to name a 2CV :!Removed!: ) and this week I've got a company "car" - a Y-reg Land Rover 90 with 68,000 miles on the clock.

Anyhow, I got home tonight from today's "jaunt" to our MD's estate on the west coast (at 56deg 58'52N, 5deg 21'40W for you Google earth freaks :P ) and decided to go and take the starter motor off Limace.

I hopped into the Yaris and was amazed. It is comfortable, nippy and quiet. At the first couple of junctions I almost stood it on its nose the brakes are so much sharper than I've been used too and the click, click, click of the gearbox is a joy.

I'd forgotten why I like my car so much :thumbsup:

A

Ahhh Limahl.... him of Neverending Story fame..... kinda like a 2CV in that respect.....

Oh sorry Al, its Limace, not Limahl! :lol::lol:

What are your plans for the 2CV then? lol I remember the luxury of getting into a Yaris again after having to drive a Corsa for two weeks..... :lol::lol:

this week I've got a company "car" - a Y-reg Land Rover 90 with 68,000 miles on the clock.

Lol, good to see you work for a company that really treats staff well when buying company cars

It was new when the company bought it... Its the estate stalker's and he's been told he's not getting an new vehicle until he treats this one properly :D (He's a knob btw...)

2CV is called Limace - its french and has nothing to do with Neverending Story. 10 points to whoever can tell me what it means :lol:

A

PS Plan for Limace is to do her up (a learning curve) and then maybe take her to France on a permanant basis. Fancy more manly paint job first - mechanically she's sound.

You were beaten there DA!

It seemed to suit...

Aha I have beaten DA yet again.. First with the poll-war, now with alanbradley's 10 points!!! My god I am sad

Hmm - you need a hobby mate if beating me is the fun in your life! :lol::lol:

PS When did you beat me with the poll war?? lol I dont even remember that!

You had claimed to be queen of the poll, then were beaten in both views and voted by my mighty poll about the V2 yaris

lol I dont claim to be poll queen.... I just am! :lol::lol: :P

So Al.... if Limace means slug.... errr whats the connection between a 2CV and a slug - surely it looks more snail like?? :D

It was new when the company bought it... Its the estate stalker's and he's been told he's not getting an new vehicle until he treats this one properly :D (He's a knob btw...)

Lmao, maybe I got the wrong end of the stick, that sounds fair enough

No worries Kev! :)

The 2CV does look more like a snail, but everyonce calls them "Snail" or "Escargot" so I thought I'd go one step removed (as is the way my twisted mind works ;) ) and go to "Slug". That's an insult, but "Limace" is a much nicer sounding word...

It also has a lot to do with the Mayor a small village in Burgundy misunderstanding my mother at a Bastille Day dinner, but that's another story and YOU (Em...) did ask :rolleyes:

A

Go on Alan, post a piccy up, but make sure you put a French Warning on it! :thumbsup:

Deux Chevaux? Isn't that what 2CV stands for, in respect of the double chevron on Citroen's logo?? Correct me if i'm wrong, i'm a little rusty! :ph34r:

Oh boy - this is getting less and less Yaris related...

Anyhow here are two pics from when I was collecting her from her previous owners.

Limace-Collect-01-Web.jpg

Limace-Collect-02-Web.jpg

She'll run off the key once I've got the starter motor working correctly (the helix bit is stuck) but has no brakes whatsoever and needs some bodywork done because of the old tinworm (front passenger floor, base of driver's B-pillar and rear passenger inner ring beside the seatbelt mount) - all are common problems and the bits aren't expensive.

After that its a respray in some more manly colours. I fancy Thunder Grey instead of the cream and black instead of the burgundy...

A

ruhbarb & custard is what they call it :P i remember you saying at JAE that you were after one.

I didn't think Alan was at JAE this year................(or do you mean JAE 2004?)

When I used to drive my Dad's (sssh) Fiesta it was always a joy to get back into the Yaris after - I feel weird if I don't drive a Yaris everyday now - yes I am officially sad lol :lol:

OH YEAH HE WASNT!!!! :lol:

:censor:

<_<

Well...

The last few weeks I've hardly been driving my car as I had the Hilux whilst I was on holiday and then again last week to collect the 2CV (that I've named Limace, Em - well you have to name a 2CV  :!Removed!: ) and this week I've got a company "car" - a Y-reg Land Rover 90 with 68,000 miles on the clock.

Anyhow, I got home tonight from today's "jaunt" to our MD's estate on the west coast (at 56deg 58'52N, 5deg 21'40W for you Google earth freaks  :P ) and decided to go and take the starter motor off Limace.

I hopped into the Yaris and was amazed. It is comfortable, nippy and quiet. At the first couple of junctions I almost stood it on its nose the brakes are so much sharper than I've been used too and the click, click, click of the gearbox is a joy.

I'd forgotten why I like my car so much :thumbsup:

A

yeah i see what you mean. i know its not the same but, i drove my mums 1 litre yaris yesterday. its so slow compared to mine. couldnt wait to get back in my SR.

yeah i see what you mean. i know its not the same but, i drove my mums 1 litre yaris yesterday. its so slow compared to mine. couldnt wait to get back in my SR.

1 Litre Yariis are not that slow.....................just ask those who took part in the "Bubble Inn" convoy last sunday :yes:

1 Litre Yariis are not that slow.....................just ask those who took part in the "Bubble Inn" convoy last sunday :yes:

i had a 1 ltr before the t sport, i loved that car, not as much as the t sport mind u , but loved it all the same :lol:

anyways.. totally agree, there not bad, pretty nifty for what they are compared with other cars in the same class, a lot of people where shocked when they asked what ltr it was, they were expecting it to be a 1.2 or 1.3 not a 1 ltr

i had a 1 ltr before the t sport, i loved that car, not as much as the t sport mind u , but loved it all the same  :lol:

anyways.. totally agree, there not bad, pretty nifty for what they are compared with other cars in the same class, a lot of people where shocked when they asked what ltr it was, they were expecting it to be a 1.2 or 1.3 not a 1 ltr

I had a 1.0L before the Blue which I loved too. When I had a 1.0L Blue as a Courtesy Car when mine got air-con fitted it was a bit of a culture shock going back to a 1.0L lol.