Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Spun Out

zebidi

has anyone spum out yet in the yaris? it was wet last night and i went a lil too fast round a roundabout. stupid T1s i want my T1Rs back!!!! got my 16 super legs!!!

i hit about 1" of water on the A1 wednesday night & the backend came round, i also made a brown stain :( i considerabley slowed down.

Nope never come close to it, the roads r not a race track lol :D

only when the handbrake comes into play :lol: .. just kidding, no i havnt.. slid a few times mind u but thats about it, dont really want to spin it.. i have hower spun an mr2, that **** me up :unsure:

I've drove through a few big puddles that I couldn't see at night the other day, it yanked the steering wheel out my hand near enough........scary!

nearly s :censor: t myself !

Nope never had that happen, don't want it to either.

nothing to worry about blue, just apply some opposite lock.

All that my first yaris did was understeer on a wet surface and almost went into a wall! I was pleased that it didn't.

My way to work is down well twisty country lanes, and around here it does nowt but rain, so you can imagine the plentiful understeer I get :(

Yes, I'm inclined to think understeer is more of a problem if one exists. I'm currently in Wales and it's a case of "No, not straight on, go round this bend... Thank you!"

Oversteer and spin out? Too fast mate. Far too fast. :yes:

got oversteer once in her but dont like to make a habbit of it, its not wot the car was designed for (y i miss my coupe) although u know when it is gona step out

Jay

I one skidded a bit on a roundabout that was very wet and the ABS kicked in so all was well... I've never spun out though - I know I'd cack it, I get very nervous as it is (couldnt have handled spinning out at Bruntingthorpe - I seriously would have cried louder than my screams! lol)

going through a few deep puddles also has interesting effects, hit couple on motorway once luckily was i was doing around 40mph as only just come off round about so picking up speed, anyways as i hit them the wheels just spun up

going through a few deep puddles also has interesting effects, hit couple on motorway once luckily was i was doing around 40mph as only just come off round about so picking up speed, anyways as i hit them the wheels just spun up

any faster and you would aqua plain, or how ever you spell it. I like that. Its like driving a boat.

I cant imagine getting oversteer on yaris. You would really have to unbalance the thing.

Aquaplaning is more like being a passenger in a boat as you don't get the car to go were you are steering since it's riding on a film of water. Easing off soon gives you your traction back though so not bad unless your doing this in a corner (less likely as the load on your tyres probably helps).

I'd agree. Oversteering in a Yaris would be a result of speed with either jerky steering or braking when already in the corner.

I'd agree. Oversteering in a Yaris would be a result of speed with either jerky steering or braking when already in the corner.

or taking ur foot off the accelerator in a 1.0 yaris while going round a roundabout to slow down and being convinced no oversteer would occur

or taking ur foot off the accelerator in a 1.0 yaris while going round a roundabout to slow down and being convinced no oversteer would occur

i think thats what i did, i let off, cos when i brake normally the back skids but no where near spinning out. maybe a left foot brake wouldve sorted it out. <_<

Ive slowed down anyway, need to get used to 195 as to 205 tires. and 16s than 17.

My friend in VTR crashed into curb and his back wheel is folded in the other day. he was only going 30 though round a roudabout. Dunno what happened. I know that saxo back ends go out early though.

i got masses over understeer at front when going round a corner little fast, want to see what yaris could after i got it lowered and new tyres put on, still wouldnt recommend quite scary for a second of two!

Never done a 360 spin, but when I unceremoniously parked my old micra into a tree stump, the car did manage to go 90degrees to the left, then 180 back to the right, then about 130 back to the left, hitting the kerb at an angle, before running parrallel with a hedge and parking itself in a tree stump!

Funny thing though, when adrenaline takes over, was that I wasn't actually scared...

I like to get the yaris to squeal it's tyres on warm days goin round corners though - in completely stock form! :D

I like to get the yaris to squeal

steady on mate... :P

Poor yaris it was only meant to b a run around!