Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bits And Bobs

Evilsean

okies...gt4 gen5

newly fitted proper mech boost guage ...shows 6 psi ...and -11 psi on idle...no wobble ...so im guessing no leaks on the vacuum side and some small leak on the pressure side...however ...whilst going up a steep hill exuberantly i noticed the boost hit 8psi briefly... anything ?

not normally a worry but ive booked it in for a rolling road test prior to fitting a pressure relief valve and i`d be delighted if anyone could tell me if theres anything i should be looking for on the leak side that might give me problems and possibly end up costing me the earth

thing 2... common fault i believe ... sidelight fails occasionally and a lightly applied fist sorts it ... had the bulb out ...alls tight ....bulbs fine...connections are fine ...only happens on the offside ... fonzie juke box method cures it for a month ...whats loose?..cant find a damn thing ...and yes ive done the wd 40 /sand contacts /tighten everything

thing 3 ... odd clicking noise coming from the top of the seatbelt guide ...intermittent...not a clue...possibly just annoying click ..but hey....

thing 4 ... electric window makes an alarmingly loud "someone chucked a rock at my window " noise on occasion when reaching full upright position...even with the door open... wth?

and lastly... air con is empty ... 25 squid for a bottle of r134A...and its only 14oz...2 queries ... i think its r12 that should be in there and theres something about pipe rot i remember vaguely ...and 12 oz...thats not a lot ... how much should be in there?...ohh...and how to check for leaks/ dodgy compressor clutch?

failing all that could someone email me a ferrari?

:help:

:lol: mind you ... its a damn nice one !!!!

gah ...what is it with mechanics.. you go to a garage ...they tell you all kinds of stuff, what to do , where to go .... then you go to a different garage for a comparison and its all " bo££oxs m8 ... you dont want to do THAT" and .. " pfft...who told you that ?"

i think i`ll get a butchers bike with a basket on the fromt next time... assuming theres not too big a choice of baskets (...no m8...get the acrylic basket....)

Nah... Wicker`s better for baskets. :P Is yours a JDM or UK model? If it`s UK get the aircon leak tested 1st. My condenser was completely rotted out.. |Which was a good thing cos it gave me an excuse to get rid of all the surplus weight and gubbins associated with the aircon. :D Whip the door panel off and have a look at the window mechanism as you put the window up & down. Probably snagging somewhere. Sidelight... Just change the bulb. Could be a bit of corrosion. Give the holder a squirt of WD40 and a light brush over with a fine wire brush. Carefully though. They`re fragile. Boost leak... Check all the vac hoses and have a look at the manifold and exhaust gaskets for signs of leakage.. Seatbelt guide... No idea. :D :thumbsup: