Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

1992 Camery Oil Leaks / Acceleration Issues

megs21

I have a 92 camery, automatic, v6, and it has been doing pretty well until this evening. I have oil dripping down (not just moist) on the ground benieth the car. My guess is that this has been happening for 2-3 days, but since I park in the same spot, I didn't notice it... It is not a constant drip or stream and it does not drip or stream visibly when I start the car. I am currently waiting overnight to see exactly where it is coming from after cleaning everything off down there. (Grrr - camerys are LOW!!! and I don't have a jack here!)

Anyone have an idea of what could be going on? Or can anyone suggest a good mechanic in the Oakland/Berkeley/Hayward, CA area (fair and knows their stuff)? I know very little about my engine and am attempting to learn more. Can anyone suggest a site on line that would allow me to learn more about my car and what the things that I am looking at are (I know only the basics).

Also - this has been going on for as long as I have had the car (since Oct): I get a jerky sound/feeling, similar to not giving a manual enough fuel, after coasting and then attempting to accelerate again (aka. coasting downhill and then immediatly accelerating uphill). I can move through this stage by accelerating hard or brakeing. Is this an incorrectly shifting auto transmission? It also runs roughly when I am stopped at times (the same feeling/sound I was describing before) and feels as if it is not disengaging the gears (aka while sitting at a stoplight), but continues the rough idle when I shift into neutral (to see if it was the transmission). Any ideas on this one either?

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me with this!

Hey i have some answers for your problem. First, do an oil change with Castrol 30W and add a can of Restore for 6cyl. this will help your power and help to releave some stress off your rings and cyl walls. As for the oil leak, I don't know how bad it is, but those things happen. If the leak is around the oil pan, you might be able to change the gasket. Good Luck!

I was told by several shops that this is typical for Toyota C type car after 90,000 miles. My car was checked by 3 shops and all came out $3000 repair estimate. One guy suggest that I just keep adding oild in every two weeks since it is much cheaper. So i did for 1 yr. No problem.

My 1998 corolla also just developed a leak (89,300 miles). Pretty bad -- about 1 quart per 150-200 miles. Seems to have come on suddenly. I never really noticed any spots underneath because I generally park in a valet serviced public garage -- first indication was oil film on trunk above the lights. Now I can see the spotting -- just a small spot when stationery, however. I have been pretty faithful about servicing the car, etc., etc. Is this likely to be US$3,000 (mentioned in a previous post) to repair?????

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links