Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Water Comming Back Through Header Tank And Leakin?

Toyotariko65

Hi ive just been for a drive and the water is comming back through the header tank and running onto the Battery tray, and the colour is yellow,The temp is ok and there is no water in the oil any ideas plz

Oh gen 5 celica 2ltr 16valve gt

Was the water level ok before?

To be honest with you i didnt take much notice but i did notice the stain on the engine cover underneath from the water comming back over

BEWARE GEORDIE HUMOR ALERT " are you sure you didn't race a corsa and it ****** all over you ?

BEWARE GEORDIE HUMOR ALERT " are you sure you didn't race a corsa and it ****** all over you ?

Ah there had to be sumone who found out :D

na i just hope its nothing serious m8

cheap things to try, rad cap and thermostat.

i'd also thing about a compression test, brown water usually means there rust in the system somewhere, if you can get your coolant tested for hydro carbons.

are your heaters working ok?

as far as i know ,red for life turns yellow when the head gasket is on its last legs due to contaminents , NOT SAYING YOURS IS .

i'd also thing about a compression test, brown water usually means there rust in the system somewhere, if you can get your coolant tested for hydro carbons.

Yeah the heaters are spot on m8

and the temp get to half way and stays there, if standing a long time it goes to 3 quater

then the fan kicks in?

are the thermostats the same on the imports as the none imports?

as far as i know ,red for life turns yellow when the head gasket is on its last legs due to contaminents , NOT SAYING YOURS IS .

What u doing the morra m8 pm me :)

the thermostats are the same for both imports and uk cars,

GT4 Booster, i was trying to avoid saying that as it is a worst case senario

i had the same problem b4 my engine blow up without even over heating did you change your antifreeze recently if so make sure you done it properly coz someone told me celicas engine uses an pressurised cooling system so when you change antifreeze u have to get rid of the air or the headgasket will give up!

TRY THE RAD CAP FIRST - CHEAPEST AND EASIEST OPTION :thumbsup:

MY OLD GEN 4 HAD THE SAME PROBLEM ON A RUN TO NORTH WALES ONCE - CALLED IN AT NEAREST MR T THINKIN IT WAS THE HEAD GASKET - PRESSURE TEST PROVED IT WAS THE RAD CAP

- ONLY TO FIND IT WAS THE SAME GARAGE THAT THE CAR HAD BEEN SOLD FROM 14 YEARS PREVIOUSLY!!!!

THEY RECOGNISED THE NUMBER PLATE G666 PBU (ON A RED CELICA)

Is it true that the rad cap has a switch on it which open to depreasurise the stystem and then close when its done?

Is it true that the rad  cap has a switch on it which open to depreasurise the stystem and then close when its done?

Yes, it has a relief valve which opens when the pressure gets high to allow coolant to travel into the overflow tank. As the radiator cools down, the vacuum it creates sucks the coolant back.

The relief valve has a simple spring operation (take the cap off and have a look), and the spring often goes weak after years and years of operation.

It does look pretty worn im going to buy a new one tomorrow and the overflow problem only occurs when the car has stopped after a run out so it definatly looks like it could be that