Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Corolla

Fed Up

In May 2005 I bought a new Corolla Colour Collection from a main dealers.

As soon as I drove away I realised that the gearbox was very noisy around 35 - 40 mph, it has a terrible whine.

I drove it around for the weekend and phoned the dealer on Monday to complain. They took it back and after a few days said that although they acknowledged the noise, after consulting with Toyota, they were not prepared to do anything about it. They said it might get better after I put a few miles on the clock. If I didn't like it I should seek legal advice !!.

I have now turned over 2,000 miles and it is no better. I don't really think I can afford to take legal action against them, as the dealer themselves said 'you will e taking on a multi-national company'.

This is the first time I have bought a Toyota and I had been led to believe that they were really reliable cars and the dealers were very helpful. Not in may case.

Where do I go from here.

Has anyone else had this problem.

Would be interested in hearing from anyone who has had this problem or is it only me?

Fed Up from Romford

As soon as I drove away I realised that the gearbox was very noisy around 35 - 40 mph, it has a terrible whine.

I drove it around for the weekend and phoned the dealer on Monday to complain.  They took it back and after a few days said that although they acknowledged the noise, after consulting with Toyota, they were not prepared to do anything about it.  They said it might get better after I put a few miles on the clock.  If I didn't like it I should seek legal advice !!.

I have now turned over 2,000 miles and it is no better.  I don't really think I can afford to take legal action against them, as the dealer themselves said 'you will e taking on a multi-national company'.

This is the first time I have bought a Toyota and I had been led to believe that they were really reliable cars and the dealers were very helpful.  Not in may case.

Where do I go from here.

Would be interested in hearing from anyone who has had this problem or is it only me?

Fed Up from Romford

have a look at my thread from a couple of weeks ago. it may interest you.. page 2?

hi

first thing you need to do test drive another corolla and be 100% sure other same modle corolla's gearbox dont whine at 35-40 mph

then if you are 100% sure your gearbox could be faulty other corolla's DO NOT have the terrible gearbox noise you describle just your car does it,then you need to make a compain to Looker's PLC FREEPHONE 0808 144 4044,tell them you need to speak to someone urgely from their head office regarding a a problem with one of their dealer's,they will give you a direct number to speak to somebody to make the complain make sure you mention things like:

" you have told Romford toyota about the gearbox nosie since day one you collected the car and Romford toyota told you to drive it for a while and the nosie will go away"

" you drive the car for 3 month's as Romford toyota has suggest and the gearbox nosie has not gone away at all and when you took it back to Romford toyota,they are now ignoring the problem and told you to go away and seek legal advise,which you feel it is total unacceptable from any car dealership ask looker's if they could look into this matter for you."

"tell them you been to other dealership test drive another same modle corolla and it doesn't have the terrible noise's like your corolla"

"tell them you are fed up and disspointed the way Romford Toyota has treated you they have not been helpful, they have not show any customer's care or aftersale's care at all "

after your have made your complain they will get in touch with the general manager and basicly tell him to find out what is the problem with this customer's car and he'll have to deal with it and hopfully after looker's HEAD OFFICE had a word with Romford Toyota they will do the right thing and sort out your car problem's,i mean your car is still VERY NEW no dealer should ignore a NEW car only three month's old.,and like you said you have pointed out the nosie from day one.

let us know how you get on :thumbsup:

PS: if above dont work i have plan B or C :D

I drove it around for the weekend and phoned the dealer on Monday to complain.  They took it back and after a few days said that although they acknowledged the noise, after consulting with Toyota, they were not prepared to do anything about it.  They said it might get better after I put a few miles on the clock.  If I didn't like it I should seek legal advice !!.

I have now turned over 2,000 miles and it is no better.  I don't really think I can afford to take legal action against them, as the dealer themselves said 'you will e taking on a multi-national company'.

This is the first time I have bought a Toyota and I had been led to believe that they were really reliable cars and the dealers were very helpful.  Not in may case.

Where do I go from here.

Fed Up from Romford

Toyota's are known for gearbox noises, varying from not too bad to bleedin' awful! your car, being new, is under three years warranty, go back to your dealer and play hell.in front of as many people as you can find! The one major let down about Toyota's is their crap dealers!

I'm lucky, Toyota world in Bristol are good by usuall standards! jump up and down,have a rant, or theaten them with legal action, they REALLY don't want that!!!!

I Olso have a new Corolla from Januari 2005 and i have no noise comming out of my Gearbox :eek:

Do whats bin already told here go back to youre Dealer open your mouth in front of lotts of customers as you can get :censor: :eek: :ffs:

when a service manager tell you if you are not happy then sue us, there's no point in talking to them,he MUST go over the service manager's head and talk to looker's plc there head office,i know romford toyota well, they are idiots! i believe everywords FEDUP are saying .