Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Desiel Mods

Rayburn

Yaris D4d

Need to do a mod just to make it go that much smoother.

Cannot find the link for the Air filter mod, can you help.

Is this the best way forward?

Thanks Ray.

Air filter - definitely...

www.jetex.co.uk

:thumbsup:

Alan

edit: How many miles has yours done? Mine's at 14,000 and I'm only now feeling that the engine has loosened up. It takes about 10,000 before the engine calms down and smoothes itself out. The air filter is a great help though...

Edited by alanbradley

Is this all Just the Air Filter Element?

Yaris just done 5500 miles.

Getting 510 miles to the tank. Refilled today cost £36.

Do I need to do anything to the Air Box?

R.

Yeah - it should cost about £35. The only thing that you need to do to the airbox is open it, remove the standard paper filter and put the new one in. You need to make sure its the right way round (one corner is different from the rest). The air box can be pretty difficult to close and the tabs at the bottom of the opening bit are tricky to fit into their spaces without the filter falling out - its a bit of a footer!

You still have quite a bit of "loosening up" to go. I fitted mine at about 6500 and it made an instant difference.

Let me know how you get on...

Alan

Right Air filter orderd and posted today.

Should get Saturday or Monday at latest.

Next.......

So Alan,

Whats the next Mod?

Only prob with car, is Its Black, and a hell of a job to keep clean...... :crybaby:

Only prob with car, is Its Black, and a hell of a job to keep clean...... :crybaby:

Dark cars dont half look good when they've just been cleaned though dont they?

Whats the next Mod?

Mate .. be the first to chip a D-4D Yaris!

I've heard really good things with these and if i had a diesel i'd definatley do it! I'd love see see someone do it. :yes:

Right Air filter orderd and posted today.

Should get Saturday or Monday at latest.

Next.......

So Alan,

Whats the next Mod?

Tell me about it! I washed mine last night, but it was extremely dirty - cow poo on the back windows level of diry...

Next mod? Car tuning is on hold at the mo as I'm not sure how much longer I'll be in work ( <_< its an opportunity...) I have a front Under Strut brace still waiting to be fitted (in an attempt to lessen the understeer - tbh I think new tyres are going to be the only solution there) and a TTE spoiler for fitting too.

I wish I had £500 for the chip though :yes:

should have got a green one like alan :P

That would be my incredibly dark (pretty much black then) green one... :P

Alan

Quote; I’m not sure how much longer I'll be in work

Are you thinking of retirement then Alan?

I'm already Semi retired.

I've made the strut brace myself, just got to get round to fitting it...

Need to paint it first.

It’s a must do...

The CHIP.

At £500 tooooooo much, even for me.

42" Plasma screen before that.

New Motorbike before that too.

R

Semi-retirement? I wish - I'm only 27 :lol:

yeah, its a shame you can't "chip by stages" really - would make it cheaper...

A

:D how u doing people dont come on here very often i said a while ago i was having my d4d yaris super chipped and its getting done next WEEK and guess how much 300 nicker bargin !! with a kn i recon she will be at 100 bhp no s*** i will keep u all posted when shes done any body wont any info or a number send me a message and hes coming to me to fit as well !!! :eek:

:D how u doing people dont come on here very often i said a while ago i was having my d4d yaris super chipped and its getting done next WEEK and guess how much 300 nicker bargin !! with a kn  i recon she will be at 100 bhp no s*** i will keep u all posted when shes done any body wont any info or a number send me a message and hes coming to me to fit as well !!!  :eek:

Looks like you'll be the first to get your D4D chipped... definitely keep us posted! :thumbsup:

:D how u doing people dont come on here very often i said a while ago i was having my d4d yaris super chipped and its getting done next WEEK and guess how much 300 nicker bargin !! with a kn  i recon she will be at 100 bhp no s*** i will keep u all posted when shes done any body wont any info or a number send me a message and hes coming to me to fit as well !!!  :eek:

Looks like you'll be the first to get your D4D chipped... definitely keep us posted! :thumbsup:

much agree! :yes:

i think a well tuned d4d could easily trounce a t-sport :yes:

The chip should be the 1st mod on your list for a turbo diesel...

A strut brace will not reduce understeer...

yeah, I know, but I kid myself to justify toys ;) :P

• 3 weeks later...

After VERY sucessfully adding a resistor type chip to my PD100 Skoda I am on the lookout to do the same to the Yaris.

Has anyone any experience of chipped/remapped a Yaris D-4D yet? There just don't seem to be any info out there on this subject!

Out of frustration I have emailled a few companies that advertise 100hp 210Nm maps for the Mini D but no replies so far :(

DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT,

good man someone using there head, yea its the same engine, yea you should see some of the stuff the lads with Mini One D have done to there cars, with a K&N and a Chip the mini lads are getting 115bhp with 170Ib EASY. its the same engine now i`m not 100% what ECU they are running i.e the toyota one or a BMW one. but even so, there should be no reason that a yaris can`t do the same. also if the psi was also increased the lads with the Mini`s recon that 130bhp should be very simple to get. so a 130bhp, 190Ib 45mpg Yaris mmmmmmmmmmmm, so DO IT :thumbsup:

Go for it!

You can't necessarily do a straight ECU swap with the Mini as its engine is mapped to take in to account the fact it has 6 gears rather than 5...

Matt (Moffmo) sent me this link at one point :-

Van Aaken

Here's what they said...

Hi,

Thank you for your enquiry.

I have attached the SmartBox spec sheet to this email. The SmartBox is an easy to fit, plug-in upgrade which is supplied with full fitting instructions. The price for this upgrade is £470 including vat and shipping or fitting (here, at our Crowthorne workshop).

If you would like further ingotmation or to place an order please contact alex@vanaaken.com

Many thanks

Alex Feher

Sales Manager

alex@vanAaken.com

Tel: +44 (0)1344 777 553  /  Fax: +44 (0)1344 777 557

Hope that helps...

A

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links