Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Paint Code?

Andrea

Hi Peeps....I have had some paint mixed at Halfords...using the paint code on the VIN plate. I have sprayed the panel with the paint (supposed to be : Bright Metallic Blue, code 8k4) trouble is it doesnt look anything like my blue. :help: ....any ideas???

Thanks

Andi

Hi Peeps....I have had some paint mixed at Halfords...using the paint code on the VIN plate. I have sprayed the panel with the paint (supposed to be : Bright Metallic Blue, code 8k4) trouble is it doesnt look anything like my blue. :help: ....any ideas???

Thanks

Andi

I had some done at Halfords in Stockport to paint my parking sensors with - forget what the paint code was, but the colour name is lagoon blue - paint was a spot on match.

If the paint code is correct you gave them for your car, maybe the assistant that mixed the paint did something wrong. maybe have a word with the guys at Halfords about it.

Cheers, Phil

I can assume looking at the car that the paint is original to the car, (no resprays) the paint code is correct as its on the vin plate, the colour on the can says 'bright blue metallic'......i should mention that it is a Import vehicle, Is my colour lagoon Blue then??

I am confused and fed up as i now have to find the right colour and respray the whole rear quarter again :angry:

Thanks for any more help in advance

Andi

:thumbsup: I had a similar problem years ago on a two year old Shogun, I had purchased the paint from the dealer ,but when it was sprayed it looked different, I found a local professional vehicle paint supplier, who matched the vehicle paint perfectly , they started with the original paint then "aged " it to match the vehicle. Some places do it by experience, by eye and other places use a scanner to match and age the paint accordingly. :thumbsup: Brian

Thanks for the help, i have ordered a new can of paint from a automotive paint supplier, pick it up tomorrow, so will let you know the outcome......If that all goes pair shaped i will be trying to get a paint shop to colour match to the existing paint!

Needless to say this is doing my head in, all that time and effort for nothing :crybaby: !

Cheers

Andi

I can assume looking at the car that the paint is original to the car, (no resprays) the paint code is correct as its on the vin plate, the colour on the can says 'bright blue metallic'......i should mention that it is a Import vehicle, Is my colour lagoon Blue then??

I am confused and fed up as i now have to find the right colour and respray the whole rear quarter again  :angry:

Thanks for any more help in advance

Andi

http://www.spips.co.uk/rav4 you will see my car on there, the colour is lagoon blue. I just checked in my service book that the Lagoon Blue paint code is 8M6

Lets hope your newly mixed paint is correct. BTW. When I had mine mixed, they did it whilst I waited, and he did a sample spray on some card to see if the colour looked about right. It might be worth doing this before paying for it.

Good luck

Phil

Hi Pips, thanks for the input, my car is not the same colour as yours so that at least rules out that colour!

Im hoping that tomorrow will bring some smiles to my face....with a matching colour :thumbsup:

Im hoping that tomorrow will bring some smiles to my face....with a matching colour:thumbsup:

So, you want your face the same colour as your car :D

That's taking co-ordination a bit too far <_<

I ordered a paint touch-up from my local Toyota dealer, i asked for Lagoon Blue paint code is 8M6 , but the packaging has Mica Blue 8M6 on it :rolleyes: , so i can take it Lagoon and Mica are the same Blue :)

I ordered a paint touch-up from my local Toyota dealer, i asked for Lagoon Blue paint code is 8M6 , but the packaging has  Mica Blue 8M6 on it :rolleyes: , so i can take it Lagoon and Mica are the same Blue :)

Hi Bob,

According to the american website mentioned above (http://www.brandsport.com/toy-00258-008m6.html) 8M6 is Spectra Blue Mica

When I went to Halfords, initially I just told them it was Lagoon Blue they couldn't do anything without the paint code because they said there are so many different names.

Out of interest, how much was your touch up brush from the dealer?

Hope Andi got sorted out!!

Touch-up is a twin pack, one paint stick the other lacquer, cost me £5.82p( that a trade price ).... details of pack

PZ448-S8M60-09 Blue Mica 8M6

:thumbsup: Smiles all around from little old me!! (and no, my face isnt colour matched to my Rav!!! Noel idea though eh?) I picked the mixed paint up from automotive pait supplier.....after lots of masking tape and newspaper and tutorial from much older and wiser Dad, i have successfully sprayed the bit of the Rav in need of TLC....and it matches the rest of my lovely buggy!! B) :D

much cutting and polishig later (laquer is very tough isnt it?) shes looking the best again......

The lesson learnt from this? If your car has graphics you dont ike....leave em' alone!

Cheers everyone

Andi

Best suggestion may be, T-cut and polish it first, and see if you're pleased with the resaults :)