Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Mk1 Mr2

Clarky_man

I have just bought a MR2 I have got the main problem of the car all sorted which was the previous owner let the engine run dry of oil and the big ends went. Pick her up for £130. Which is a fairly good price i recon.

Got a new engine after the engine is fitted what other fairly cheap and easy tuning parts can i fit to increase the power.

Would put a picture up but everyone here should know what a MR2 MK1 looks like.

Am guessing you put a stock 4a-ge engine in her ?

Easy upgrades and probably most beneficial would be an exhaust (magnex are good for Mk1) and induction kit to help her breath better and become more responsive.

The it depends on your budget, suspension is always a good one to do, Koni's are good for the Mk1, alloys are a great benefit to handling especially 16's :)

Apart from that I'm not to sure there is much although am sure others will come along shortly.

I know of people who've unichiped the mk1 to get some extra power gains but not a cheap option for the gains returned.

I suppose theother option would have been to drop the 4a-gze supercharger engine in her when you did the transplant, straight swap and much more power....

Ryan, ive had so much fun in ur MK1 today - even on 2hrs sleep. I think i must have left tire marks on every roundabout here to Aylsebury and back.... it was so much fun, when u push her hard, shes quite predictable :D

Ryan, ive had so much fun in ur MK1 today - even on 2hrs sleep. I think i must have left tire marks on every roundabout here to Aylsebury and back.... it was so much fun, when u push her hard, shes quite predictable :D

Bah, I've had fun on every speed bump in Oxford lol....

They're a little more entertaining now !!! It's a close call getting home everyday and can see myself annoying all the traffic at the snails pace I have to take each bump !!!

Does anyone know of any companys who do bodykits for the MK1? What a rough idea of cost if i do keep her how much it going to cost me. The parts mentioned above the exhaust and induction kits. Where's the best place to get them from? And which makes are best any why?

There are not many bodykit's available for the Mk1 MR2, must be those lovely lines and classic shape I guess :D

There is a Kameleon bodykit available, shown below...

DSC01746.JPG

For exhausts there are a couple of options which most people chose from....

Stock Toyota, Janspeed, Magnex or Mongoose all roughly the same price, the Magnex and Mongoose seem to be the prefered options with a slightly deeper exhaust tone than the others and all offer small gains over the stock exhaust which is only to be expected.

All bar the stock Toyota Exhausts are Stainless Steel.

Induction kit's allow your car to breather easier so linking this with the exhaust would mean more ait in and out of the vehicle which results in better throttle repsonse and very slightly more power...

Hope this helps

Ryan

Hi scot did you get that mr2 running ok then what was it??

no mate. Im not sure if its the t-vis though..... it does open at 4500, because u can feel it. But it wont rev happily past 6000. I could strip the injection.... but ive got a lot on my plate with cars at the mo :D I tried to reach underneath and open the "valve" thing, but i couldnt get access to it. U prob. know much more about it than me, im thinking of checking the timing, but im not convinced. It could be midly out but not much, otherwise id know about it :D :D :D

Any suggestions???

Is there a online site to buy the exhaust systems from?

Where can i get more info on the kit?

Which induction kit offers the most power gains?

Exhausts an induction kits don't really add that much power, people try and argue the poijt but the gains are very minimal...

However they do make the engine more responsive, you will notice the way it drives, feels and definately sounds, it'll feel faster as it's repsonding to your commands quicker so you'll feel as if it's quicker !

For induction kits have a look at www.fensport.co.uk or there are a number of places to go shopping in our gold section where you can discounts of the induction kits and exhausts !

Rhaines (boyo ish)

That green monster is the worse thing someone could do to an mr2.

It was one of my fav. looking cars of the 90s.They should be sorted out!!!

And what a horrid colour to paint it

I've seen some D & E reg MR2's going for about £500-£750. I'm thinking of buying one to run on track days and as a modding hobby. Wifey says I can't mod the YarisTS...booo!

Are these typical prices? Should I pay more for a newer car - is there benefits to buying a newer car.

I'm likely to be diving it quite hard.

cheers

Rhaines (boyo ish)

That green monster is the worse thing someone could do to an mr2.

It was one of my fav. looking cars of the 90s.They should be sorted out!!!

And what a horrid colour to paint it

The kameleon is for the mk1 so 80's not 90's :)

The photo's never really do it justice as in the flesh it is a very good looking car :)

Mevi, those prices seem ok but you have to look out for rust, prices vary dramatically on who is selling, depending on cash flow can even still import Mk1 Superchargers that are monstrously quick and esy to mod upto 210+Bhp in a car that weighs nothing and sticks to the road like glue... Imported SC would be about £3.5k

Can get very good condition Mk1's for 1.5k if you keep your eyes open although they are available for a lot less if your lucky....

Desperately seeking SC MK1 MR2 T-Bar so please tell me how to find that one on eBay. All attempts to date have failed....

Ps.

Nice to see what life is like on the other side finally!

Loz :eek: