Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Do U Get Bullied In Ur Yaris?

jay dh

i had this with my clio, got bullied by bigger cars to get out of a situation otherwise id have a newly shaped car

it stopped with my megane and its started again with the yaris.

does anyone else get this? surely its not just me

Jay

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jay dh

• Demonic Angel

• Moffmo

• Kev Mc

ive found its more jeeps and bigger that do this, really annoys me

cos yesterday, i nearly hit someone trying to avoid a bus that pulled away without indicating

Jay

And what do you do with bullies..... stand up to them and they aint so big after all! :D :D

I've only ever driven small cars (Matiz & Yaris) so I couldnt possibly say whether or not you get bullied more in small cars - I wouldnt say other cars "bully" me, although you could sense the frustration when they were behind me on a hill in my Matiz....

I've only driven the Corolla once - didnt feel any different.

Basically some people on the road feel as they are higher than you regardless of what you drive.... as long as your a safe driver, then thats all that really matters IMO! :thumbsup:

true DA

i hate having to cave in but ive seen what happens when u dont,an accident occurs so i just back out of it

just wondered if anyone else felt my frustration thats all, must be me they dont like! haha

Jay

Wouldn't call it bullying.

What I'd say is they're ignorant :censor: , who haven't got the patience to stay behind me when I'm doing 30, in a 30!

I just hold my ground. After all, if they do anything stupid, they're in the crapper.

I'm not gonna break the speed limit, just so the :censor: behind me can get to work, because HE left late. Better late than never....

sorry, maybe i didnt clarify myself

i dont mean tailgating, i mean pulling out from junctions, or changing lane, or busses when they move away from a bus stop. i can deal with people behind me, its the cars that come from in front of me or from the side

Jay

i dont mean tailgating, i mean pulling out from junctions, or changing lane, or busses when they move away from a bus stop. i can deal with people behind me, its the cars that come from in front of me or from the side

Jay

Its called traffic and awareness....

Jay

hmm, maybe sometimes but not always. they are aware of me being there

Jay

Iv found it to be the same regardless what im driving

Jay

Iv found it to be the same regardless what im driving

i can only go on what ive seen, and from wot ive seen the bigger the car i drive, the less problems i have

I FEEL i get "bullied" less or whether its just more respect in a bigger car. :rolleyes:

Perhaps its time to swap cars? I felt like people laugh at me when i borrowed my mums last car but dont think they were, its just all in my head :lol:

I FEEL i get "bullied" less or whether its just more respect in a bigger car.  :rolleyes:

Perhaps its time to swap cars? I felt like people laugh at me when i borrowed my mums last car but dont think they were, its just all in my head :lol:

this really isnt in my head, i nearly had 3 accidents yesterday cos of these things

i dont want to change car atm, its a good cheap car to run, as soon as i can afford a better car i will change

Jay

But in all honesty, anyone on the road is at risk of twonks driving daftly, not just people in small cars!

You can still have accidents in large cars!

The Yaris is one of the safest small cars you can buy - if someone chooses to aim for me - well more fool them - I know I'm safe! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Don't think this is bullying.

As Moffmo said, it's daily traffic, and simple awareness.

I've had days when it seems that everyone else on the road is against me, and that they are just looking to cause an accident.

As Dem said though, it's their idiotic driving.

Just forget and move on. ;)

The biggest car I've driven is one of our company pool cars, which is a seat alhambra. Big, nasty, old diesel people carrier.

Because it's big, people think it's dead slow (which it is). However, pulling out at the last minute is not the best idea.

So yes, it's happened to me, but every car I've driven.

It's idiocy, not bullying....

i dont mean tailgating,

Tailgating is a form a bullying on the road though, in my opinion. I get people pulling out in front of me and it gets on my t1ts. But it happens when i drive the previa as well as my yaris. There are cars out there which people are scared of so move out of the way, ie hummer! and m,ay be that hummer driver thinks he owns the place. But generally i think its just bad and ignorant drivers, no matter what you drive.

I think it is bullying and not just because of the size of the car but also the make and model etc

i.e all BMW and big audi (rep cars) think they own the road because of their car - i see it all the time when im in the fiesta or the mr2

They think 'its only an old crappy fiesta/mr2- get out of my way' and i just either let them get on with it (if they wanna wreck their car by overtaking dangerously then so be it) or (depending on what car it is) show them who's boss! :yes::lol:

p.s There is no possible reason for anybody to tailgate EVER! Its the most annoying thing on the road! :angry:

Personally i'm not sure whether its bullying or not, but i do get the feeling that people in more expensive cars (typically Bmw and Golf drivers) look down on less expensive cars like the Yaris.

One time i was pulling away on a roundabout in the middle lane to go straight on, when the car on the left lane (which should be used only to turn left) decided to go straight on! As there was a car turning right in the right lane aswell i was getting sandwiched and non of them gave way at all! :ffs: In the end i had to brake and hope no one behind follows and hits me.

Was well :censor: off that time.

But anyway mate .. i think i know what u mean and the only way is to be more careful and alert. Cos typically u can sense who the daft drivers are and be aware of them.

I make a point of not letting myself be bullied, theres a bit of road approaching the motorway I go on when I'm going home from work where people drive up the middle lane because theres less traffic & then try to cut in the right lane because that's where they need to be. I always stay close to the bumper of the car in front (safely, when at low speeds of course) so that they can't push in. I get lorries doing it too but if some1 wants to crash into me because I'm not letting them be a :censor: then its their problem, if they hit it's their insurance policy that's covering the damage.

One time i was pulling away on a roundabout in the middle lane to go straight on, when the car on the left lane (which should be used only to turn left) decided to go straight on! As there was a car turning right in the right lane aswell i was getting sandwiched and non of them gave way at all!  :ffs:  In the end i had to brake and hope no one behind follows and hits me.

exactly my point, finally somone gets what im sayin!

they know your there but cant b asked to move out the way cos they have a bigger car

if some1 wants to crash into me because I'm not letting them be a  :censor:  then its their problem, if they hit it's their insurance policy that's covering the damage.

i dont want to be in that situation personally, and i wouldnt call myself the minority

ill do certain things to push them out but if they dont care wot happens im backing off

If I'm being tailgated I slow down to around 20mph, that soon bugs them! :D

I don't feel I'm being bullied when I drive my car 'cos I just don't let it happen! :thumbsup:

Happens regardless of the car (or driver) - there simply is a huge number of prats on the road that cant drive.

I drive a LOT of miles and most days I see at least one 'close shave' and/or some idiot abusing me in some way.

My last company car was a Mazda 626 - a big car - and it happended just as much.

Rise above it if you can