Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Do U Get Bullied In Ur Yaris?

jay dh

And this idiot golf 1.4 that undertook me.

How come you were in a position to be undertook? You must not have been in the right lane.

Something I've seen quite a few times at big roundabouts (the ones where there's at least two lanes). You are turning right so you approach the roundabout in the right lane and indicate right. Then either some :censor: indicates right even though they're in the left lane (and probably queue jumping), or you're on the roundabout in the right hand lane and some :censor: joins the roundabout on the lefthand lane without waiting for you to pass and therefore blocks you pulling in to turn off.

Seems to be an almost daily occurence on the M62 junctions that I use.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jay dh

• Demonic Angel

• Moffmo

• Kev Mc

I feel I get "bullied" more in a Yaris because there isnt any of them around where we are! It's liek when people see one they think they can intimidate/beat us. Can't say a particular vehicle driver is the worst as all people do it.

Tailgaters are a pet hate of mine, always have been and always will be. At roundabouts I am a bit more hesitant at moving off because of peoples lack of lane discipline and aat work I hear of roundabout accidents daily. :wacko:

its because its a small car, look at the cars that try and intimidate the yaris always bigger cars. :censor:

How come you were in a position to be undertook? You must not have been in the right lane.

Something I've seen quite a few times at big roundabouts (the ones where there's at least two lanes). You are turning right so you approach the roundabout in the right lane and indicate right. Then either some :censor: indicates right even though they're in the left lane (and probably queue jumping), or you're on the roundabout in the right hand lane and some :censor: joins the roundabout on the lefthand lane without waiting for you to pass and therefore blocks you pulling in to turn off.

Seems to be an almost daily occurence on the M62 junctions that I use.

Ahh thats a very good point

Iv had people go in the wrong lane on the rounabout where i live (castleford/pontefract/m62) rouanabout and they carry on or go right even thought they are in the wrong lane. Cant they read the directions on the road or the signs??

my in town driving is dreadfull, i have no concept of lanes etc, i just see and go. bus lanes? dont have them out here in the sticks.....

Its not always bigger cars - I had a Clio behind me the other day thinking he was "all that" with his chrome wheels and banging music - you could tell he was desperate to get past me.... being stuck behind me probably ruined his street cred and all his mates are laughing at him.....

Someone can role up behind me in a tank for all I care..... I'm not afraid, why should I be - I have as much right to be on the road as them!

True if you dont react to there attempted intimidation it winds them up even more. :D

ERGH!

Middle Lane hoggers - gets on my nutts as well Matt!

Back to tail-gating. Had a bloke in a golf behind me on the way home from work yesterday.

He (unlucky for him), had to follow me thru Bloxham and Banbury.

Think he was gettin annoyed with the fact that I was travelling within the speed limits, whereas he clearly wanted to try and get past.

Could see him getting more irrate every minute.

:D

If there "up my *****" and like being there then thats fine.

But if i slam on, because a cute little bunny rabbit ran out into the ran (that they accidently didnt happen to see) then they run into my *****, and i sue the ubikers for whiplash!!!

ok - tailgating annoys me too.

but this is once of the most stupid andf idiotic things I have read on here.

you could KILL someone doing this.

it might even be you.

never, ever do this

One time i was pulling away on a roundabout in the middle lane to go straight on, when the car on the left lane (which should be used only to turn left) decided to go straight on! As there was a car turning right in the right lane aswell i was getting sandwiched and non of them gave way at all! 

I know what you mean. Theres a round about near chelmsford where the same thing happens to me. They need to check the highway code. Although if there were arrows on the road then these dum ***** wont make that mistake.

If there "up my *****" and like being there then thats fine.

But if i slam on, because a cute little bunny rabbit ran out into the ran (that they accidently didnt happen to see) then they run into my *****, and i sue the ubikers for whiplash!!!

ok - tailgating annoys me too.

but this is once of the most stupid andf idiotic things I have read on here.

you could KILL someone doing this.

it might even be you.

never, ever do this

If you really have to brake hard (i.e a child runs in front) you could still kill someone. If driver in the car behind dies then its ...... er, how do i put it... his/her responsibility. Traggic it is.

But anything that lives has the right to live and i have the heart to try and avoid anything.

If you ignore what ever is in front of you then it could still knock you off course/ unbalance your car and you could crash and die??????

Dont even get me started about bmws and audis. I stay in the fast lane and dont move if they are right up my @^£e.

thatll be why you were undertook..

Fast lane = faster than everyone else

The amount of times i have to travel across 3 lanes becuase of people in the middle lane for no reason just does my head in

but dont forget............. there is a speed limit, and thats what i do to people that stay on my ickle yaris butt! :P

Size does matter................!!

I have realised this over the years, before i taught people to drive in my little cars i used to drive a 7 ton Ford Iveco Cargo, they definatly take advantage now more than when i was driving that!

But yeah, It aint worth getting into something difficult,

just let the "good" drivers of this world go and we can keep "dithering" along at the speed limit..............

"Safe Driving For Life"

I think that most of you have inferiority complexes...

I don't have these problems but then maybe that's because of the area of the country I live in.

A

The bottom line is..... you, as a Yaris driver, have as much right to be on the road as anyone else - and that's all you have to remember! :thumbsup:

An old saying I like... "Better to be late then Dead on time"

Never heard that phrase but its very true

I always get the person that gets right onto my rear end as i pull out onto the main road but once i floor it to 60 they soon back off!

thats what i love about the 1.0 litre is its ability to pull away, it suprises everyone

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links