Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Do U Get Bullied In Ur Yaris?

jay dh

If I'm being tailgated I slow down to around 20mph, that soon bugs them! :D

I don't feel I'm being bullied when I drive my car 'cos I just don't let it happen! :thumbsup:

Lol, you're right, I do that myself, the sights in the rear-view mirror are hilarious

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jay dh

• Demonic Angel

• Moffmo

• Kev Mc

One time i was pulling away on a roundabout in the middle lane to go straight on, when the car on the left lane (which should be used only to turn left) decided to go straight on! As there was a car turning right in the right lane aswell i was getting sandwiched and non of them gave way at all!  :ffs:  In the end i had to brake and hope no one behind follows and hits me.

exactly my point, finally somone gets what im sayin!

they know your there but cant b asked to move out the way cos they have a bigger car

I see this EVERY single day...peoples lanes discipline on roundabounts is horrendous!

But the small car Big car argument definitly has legs, people with larger cars seem to be the worst drivers and most likely assume everyone else is going to get out their way...and most likely to pull out in front of you at junctions etc.

Obviously all these comments are very generalised...not all large car owner are complete :censor:

Vipes

The other day i was going on the roundabout iv been using almost everyday and was in the lane for the m62, the bloke was in the left lane (which goes to ponty) and i was in the lane for m62 on the right, but went i went into the m62 waiting bit i noticed he was still at the saide of me so had to quickly pull back..

rolls down his window, says "you fool you were in the wrong lane" this is a guy whos about 70 and looks so well out of it that i just said "can you even read" and set off

Bull Bars for the yaris hey :thumbsup:

LOL

I think that it's all these sales reps rushing around trying to sell cleaning cloths :yes:

They brought a car that looks flash and they can't afford to run it, so there rushing around trying to earn comission to pay for the god dame thing!

Buy a more efficent car you muppets :eek:

You're save yourself money and the environment too!

Plus it will still take you around the same time to get from A - B if you're in a ferrari or yaris :unsure: !

LOL

If there "up my *****" and like being there then thats fine.

But if i slam on, because a cute little bunny rabbit ran out into the ran (that they accidently didnt happen to see) then they run into my *****, and i sue the ubikers for whiplash!!!

Surely that'd be your fault though cause your not supposed to stop for bunnies! Nor swerve!

You have to stop for dogs, deer, cattle, horses etc etc, but not bunnies, kitties, mice, voles etc etc, which is a shame really because the fool who runs over either of my cats isnt going to live long if they dont stop and show a little remorse! :angry:

You expect to remember that when "something" jumps out

ohh what is that

Its a cat

BASH

Oops it was a dog, should have stopped

Honestly, theres a law that says you have to stop when you hit a dog..... although tbh I doubt many people do - its so sad, especially as thats probably someones pet..... :unsure:

Surely that'd be your fault though cause your not supposed to stop for bunnies! Nor swerve!

If you slam on though & some1 goes into the back of you its their fault for not leaving enough space to react & stop surely?

Aye, osmeone runs into the back of you end of story...could have been anything that ran out in front of you.

Yes your suppose to report it if you 1

If you slam on though & some1 goes into the back of you its their fault for not leaving enough space to react & stop surely?

Hit the nail on the head there mate, its the person behinds fault regardless! :thumbsup:

Aye, if someone runs into the back of you end of story...could have been anything that ran out in front of you....imaginary or not!

Yes your suppose to report it if you hit a dog...but then you sue the owner for not being in control of it...same goes for sheep horses etc....you sue for damages... both physcially and mentally...surprised how a few K makes you feel better....

vipes

hmm don't know what happened there!!

Hit the nail on the head there mate, its the person behinds fault regardless! :thumbsup:

Yeah, 1 of the engineers in work was going behind some1, they indicated & started turning into this road, he started to go past him the fella slammed on because he realised he was going the wrong way into a 1 way street, the engineer went into him & it was classed as his fault, even though there was a witness who said it was the other fella's.

going off topic, but aye..indicators are just that..indication only...doesn't mean your going to do it!

The number of people who pull out in front of someone..because the other party is indiciating turn in at the same junction ( ie..they have been indicating for the last 10 miles since their last turn....who's at fault....you for not making sure they were actually comitted to the turn.

Problem is....all our roads and junctions would grind to a halt if we all really made sure that everyone else was going to do what they indicate they were going to do , before making our own move.

time to buy that huge SUV?!

reminds me of that advert..the new Landrover 4x4 SPORT! now c'mon in no shape or form would that ever be used off road or for any activity where you need 4 wheel drive, it's simply just there to be huge and obnoxious just like their owners.

vipes

Yeah, I know what you're saying but in the situation I was talking about he was going behind him, the fella started indicating then started turning into the road, its understandable to try to overtake, should have kept his distance though.

what you are all describing is ordinary, everyday, run of the mill crap driving by crap drivers.

As a driver of one of the types of cars you are discussing I can assure you I dont think "Oh - its onlya yaris, it should get out of my way".

I also think there is more than a touch of an inferiority complex at play as well - you "fel" these cars are bigger, more powerful, more expensive (or whatever) and feel "oooh - look at him in his $car - bet he is really looking down on my lowly yaris and feels much more superior to me"

Had it all before, roundabout incidents. One time this RUDE BWOI!!! (ahem) pulled out in front of me on a roundabout, i let horns ablazing and he stopped and stared at me, it was an old shagged banger and i felt like chasing the B@^$T@d. but i figure me in m new car i aint gonna risk it.

And this idiot golf 1.4 that undertook me. Dont even get me started about bmws and audis. I stay in the fast lane and dont move if they are right up my @^£e.

Chav mobiles ubik me off most, burberry wearing clads with their loud mouth B!{^es in the car pumping drum and bass through crappy 6x9s made by dave. who the hell do they think they are? driving in a 1.2 golden nova with 3 rude giruls! thought it'd be funny and point behind and laugh at my t sport did you? well........ well to say i didnt even sweat it blasting past him in 3rd. hehe :D

Yes the yaris gets bullied. but just they wait..........

I also think there is more than a touch of an inferiority complex at play as well - you "fel" these cars are bigger, more powerful, more expensive (or whatever) and feel "oooh - look at him in his $car - bet he is really looking down on my lowly yaris and feels much more superior to me"

I'd agree with that..... its all down to the way your brain works, its natural to be fearful (or resentful) of things that are bigger, more powerful etc.

I get people up my ***** all the time! I had a fiesta full of chavvy boy racers up it last night going to worksop, i just ignored him and he overtook me on a bend! Would have been funny to watch another car come and hit him from the other way! Would serve him right!

I dont like people up my *****! Its not nice then i start to panic and usually something happens, i usually end up putting the windscreen wipers on or something daft and they are not bothered! :angry:

I stay in the fast lane and dont move if they are right up my @^£e.

Just my thoughts, but this to me is dangerous. By hogging the fast lane, even though you are holding the car behind up, you then hold up the traffic behind them, inadvertently causing a slight tailback of traffic. If one person isn't paying attention, then summit is bound to happen.

Don't get me wrong, I hate tail-gaters, undertakers, etc, but this is one thing I wouldn't do.

I get people up my ***** all the time!

I didn't know you were that type of gurl!

:D :P :D

I get people up my ***** all the time!

I didn't know you were that type of gurl!

:D :P :D

hehehe theres alot you dont know bout me! :lol::lol:

And this idiot golf 1.4 that undertook me.

How come you were in a position to be undertook? You must not have been in the right lane.

Dont even get me started about bmws and audis. I stay in the fast lane and dont move if they are right up my @^£e.

thatll be why you were undertook..

Fast lane = faster than everyone else

The amount of times i have to travel across 3 lanes becuase of people in the middle lane for no reason just does my head in

There's actually no fast lanes as far as I know, the other lanes are just "overtaking lanes" so if some1s in a position to undertake you then you're obviously in the wrong lane. There are times where people just undertake without giving you a chance to get in the correct lane but just staying in a lane to stop people overtaking even though there's room to move over is almost as annoying as tailgating imo.

There's actually no fast lanes as far as I know

Thats its nickname :D

i dont mind tailgaters, not alot bothers me, if anything happens its there fault

Middle lane hoggers, i just HAVE to let them know they are doing something wrong

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links