Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Driving Test...

Fidgits

HOW MANY ATTEMPTS DID IT TAKE YOU TO GET YOUR LICENCE??  

59 members have voted

1. 1. HOW MANY ATTEMPTS DID IT TAKE YOU TO GET YOUR LICENCE??

• First time
    • Second
    • Third time lucky
    • Fourth
    • Still trying
    • Who needs a license..

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Demonic Angel

• Moffmo

• Blaze

• JustJJ

Top Posters In This Topic

first time at 17 years and 3 months :D

Was well chuffed as most of my mates driving for 7 months still hadnt passed :lol:

First time here too, but old ex of mine passed on her 17th time :blink:

No prizes for guessing one of the reasons she got the elbow :lol:

I was always happy driving, its just this 'observation' thing they wanted me to do. In the test I passed, it felt more like doing a stage show with over accentuated head movements, driving round looking like a scared/cautious paranoid lunatic.

So yea, if your trying to pass your driving test, drive very slowly and gently whilst pretending the goverment is spying on you.

Well it was 3rd time lucky for me.........and this was done 3 years ago :P !

The test is alot harder now that what it used to be.......!

Sure I could have past it 1st time twenty years ago :P !

Still not took it yet! :lol: Passed my theory test 1st time tho! and his sister has taken her theory test 8 times :wacko::lol:

Passed it first time with 4 minors at 17 and 11 months (didnt start learning as soon as I was 17 :P)

Passed on my second attempt (with only 2 minors) when I was nearly 7 months pregnant :D

Passed it first time with 4 minors at 17 and 12 months (didnt start learning as soon as I was 17 :P)

so you were 18 then... :P

Still not took it yet!  :lol: Passed my theory test 1st time tho! and his sister has taken her theory test 8 times  :wacko:  :lol:

why have you not voted for 'still trying' then?

Theory test does not count... :rolleyes:

18 Months of Learning in total, passed on 4th Test and was 18 Years 9 Months old.

That was two years and a month ago ;)

Passed it first time with 4 minors at 17 and 12 months (didnt start learning as soon as I was 17 :P)

so you were 18 then... :P

11 Months! :P I thought everyone knew I couldnt do the months yet... only just finished learning to count.. and my alphabet!! give me a chance :D hehe

Passed my car test at 17 years 5 months, first time

Passed my HGV 2 test (multi wheel rigid) at 22 years old, first time

Passed my HGV 1 test at 52 years old, first time. :thumbsup:

I've offered (shudder!) to teach my sister to drive.... she turned 16 in June but hasnt applied for her provisional yet, even if she did, I cant teach her til next May cause then I'll have been driving 3 years...

She says she doesnt want to drive, she wants to be chauffered about - shes mad as I tell ya! Although she does want me to sell her my car.... obviously for Jeeves to drive, not her! :lol::lol:

I passed 2nd time, although my instructor reckons I was robbed!

I won't go into full detail, but when the examinar explained why I had failed and the situation surrounding it, he was upset to say the least....

Phsycologically, it put me down. I ended up putting off driving lessons for about 4 months, and didn't take my re-test till May of 2004 (First time round I took it in October - 3 days before my 21st B-day!).

I am someone more comfortable on a motorcycle though. I never thought I'd need to get a car, but am glad I got one now.

It took my mum 2 yrs of persuasion, just to get me to take lessons. :D

Still sometimes nervous when driving, even over a year after passing. Don't think the micra and dent incidents have helped my driving confidence though either.

Give me two wheels, and I'm happy as Larry...

:D

Awww Gnomey.... I know how you felt mate - every time I failed, it was for such a silly reason and I kicked myself so much because I knew I could do it....

And then the voices in my head.... (lol) kept repeating what people had been saying about me..... "she'll never pass her driving test" and I sat up one day and thought "well actually, I will pass my driving test and prove my ex and the doctors wrong"

And 4th time, I did - and just like Shaz I had a car waiting for me on the drive and now, regardless of whats happened to me, you cant get me out of my car, I love driving and if anything happened to take my licence away, I'd be gutted, I'd feel like a bird without wings.... :(

First time, after 6 lessons. 17, and 1 1/2 months old :) Not that i was desperate to get out and about or anythin!

All credit to my dad though, who i forced to take me out driving for a minimum of an hour a day, starting at midnight on my 17th birthday until I passed.

17 years old and 3 months, got 3 minors

i find though, people who pass quicker and with less minors are often more interested in cars, seems car lovers have good hand eye co-ordination or bribary skills

Jay

i find though, people who pass quicker and with less minors are often more interested in cars, seems car lovers have good hand eye co-ordination or bribary skills

Jay

I dont! :lol::lol: Took me ages to pass, loads of minors, love my cars..... although my bribary skills could do with some touching up and my examiner(s) wouldnt take ANY of the monetary bribes I offered him/them....

Possibly the wrong sort of bribes then.....! :lol::lol::lol::lol: