Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Driving Test...

Fidgits

HOW MANY ATTEMPTS DID IT TAKE YOU TO GET YOUR LICENCE??  

59 members have voted

1. 1. HOW MANY ATTEMPTS DID IT TAKE YOU TO GET YOUR LICENCE??

• First time
    • Second
    • Third time lucky
    • Fourth
    • Still trying
    • Who needs a license..

Didnt have my option up there fidge

Passed on my 6th time!

That was at age 20 and after about 100 lessons and with 13 minors! lol

Passed my theory first time with full marks though :D

i never wanted to drive - i was forced into it

then my dad bought me my fiesta and i couldnt wait to get out in it!

I dont care that it took me six attempts to pass - i think it made me a bettr driver TBH ;)

And it doesnt say it on your licence so nobody will ever know - (unless you post it on a public forum ooops :rolleyes::lol: )

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Demonic Angel

• Moffmo

• Blaze

• JustJJ

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay i voted "still trying" But seeing as ive not tried yet i cant be "still trying" Im just "trying"! in more ways than one! :lol: :D

Passed 2nd time, 6 days before my 18th birthday! Been driving for over 2 years now and have 0 points! :thumbsup:

i pass when i was 17 and 1 month first time at a total cost of £0 to me :P :P

(it helps that both rents are drivin instructers!!!!) :yes:

17 years a 6 weeks :D

1st two lessons on my birthday and then 3 a week, aced the theory and passed first time, 4 minors!

only thing ive EVER really wanted to do in my life!

I passed on my second attempt at the sweet age of 25ish.

The first attempt I failed.......because I was going to SLOW :wacko: B)

It was a poll posted on LOC I thought might be interesting over here...

First time at 17years 2 months old btw ;)

17, 2 months, 10 days! And about 24hrs of lessons. 1st time. Loved it. First in my college to pass... the rest followed about 2months later.

1st Time, 2 minors :D

18 and 6 months, on Friday 13th! :lol:

Couldnt afford lessons until i was 18 :crybaby:

2nd time for me. at the grand old age of 23. Passed my bike test 1st time at 17. Must`ve picked up a few bad habits from the bike. :yes:

Got provisional on my 17th birthday.. as well as my 1st driving instructor lesson, then had 1 lesson (1 hour) each week, and passed after 12 lessons.

I was driving since the age of 14 though..(uncle's car (Nissan 280c Estate) to and from local shop when they were too full of the drink to go themselves) but as that is too young to drive.. it doesn't count.. so I passed 1st time..after 12 weeks at the age of 17 :)

First time when i was 18 :D

did not bother learning till i was 18 ...i spent most of my 17th year drunk :lol:

:blush: 4th time, but I have lots of excuses ;)

Same examiner the first 3 time and each time I paniced - my left leg just wouldn't stop jumping. The 2nd test I got failed for pulling out of a junction too quickly - 3rd test he failed me for undue hesitancy at the same junction :crybaby:

Passed my HGV one first time though - I was ecstatic! :hokus-pokus:

A

I had my first of 9 lessons on my 17th birthday and passed first time!

I was desperate to drive, don't think i've studied so hard for anything in my life! :D

i got my licence 1 week after i turned 18 (which is the age you have to be to be able to get your licence in sweden)

i got my licence 1 week after i turned 18 (which is the age you have to be to be able to get your licence in sweden)

Cant you start practising at 17 though?

1st time, 3 minors, theory test 100%... would have been 17 & 3 months, but there's a 14 week wait for tests up my way! So, a little over 6 months from turning 17!

Learnt in an R-reg Fiesta & a Matiz! Now there's dedication!

Passed first time, age 17 and 9 weeks :D took my test in a Triumph Dolomite :)

Third time lucky for me! 17 years 3 months...

I took all 3 tests within 6 days of each other (at the time you could have last minute cancellation slots)

The first I failed for going onto the hard shoulder a bit :P

The second for rolling back at a junction slightly and nearly flattening a pensioner!!! :P

I passed on my 4th attempt, I absolutely bottled it every time I pulled into the test centre before the test. There was a 3 month waiting list for the test centre that I went to so when I made any little mistakes I kept thinking "a couple more of them & the last 3 months of my life have been completely wasted".

The time that I passed I had an extended lesson beforehand & but the main factor I think was my driving instructor telling me that test centre had took on a load more examiners & the waiting list had gone down to about 5 weeks, the pressure it took off me was unbelievable, so then when I made the odd mistake I was thinking "ah well, a few more of them & I'll just do better in a few weeks".

Another thing on the day that I passed was when I was reversing around a corner, I couldnt get the electric rear-view mirrors to change angle (typical test-day situation) so was quite wide doing the corner which made me think I'd failed so for the rest of the test I was just treating it as a bit of test practice. When he told me I'd passed I was thinking "is he joking, he can't be joking, can he be joking?" & ended up just sitting there in total silence.

good point that, as with anything if u want to pass th test ull do it quicker

Jay

good point that, as with anything if u want to pass th test ull do it quicker

Jay

yeah it didnt help that i hated my first driving instructor - i dreaded each lesson because i didnt like him! :angry:

Then i got with my second one and he was ace - took three tests with them both though so cant really blame the first one for my failures

- guess i just wasnt ready - takes some longer to pass than others :)

1st time, 3 minors, theory test 100%... would have been 17 & 3 months, but there's a 14 week wait for tests up my way! So, a little over 6 months from turning 17!

Learnt in an R-reg Fiesta & a Matiz! Now there's dedication!

Ok so now your totally freaking me our Gray.... I learnt in an R reg Fiesta & a Matiz too.....!! :eek::lol:

Passed mine 1st time, aged 18 1/2, with 5 minors (should have been 4 but I missunderstood what the guy said at one point).

Lass down the road from me took 8.. yes.. EIGHT tries to pass hers.