Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine Ideas

chris18-paseo

i really wanna put a diff engine in my seo. really get heads turnin but obviously want somethiun that ain't gonna explode out the bonnet. any ideas?

i really wanna put a diff engine in my seo. really get heads turnin but obviously want somethiun that ain't gonna explode out the bonnet. any ideas?

20V Corolla/Levin with 6speed gearbox

lolz

meh, 4efte is the best bet...or you could try 4age / 4agze but theyre a lot more laborious...then theres also the 3sge and 3sgte...those of the ones i know that have been done already...

5E-FE(1500cc) with 4EFTE(1300cc) manifolds and turbo etc would be a nice package, i am currently building up an equivalent motor for my EL31 Corsa. got the torque of the bigger motor with a puffer to give you good top end :)

and pretty much everything bolts straight on

i already have a 4EFTE including the wiring loom and ECU in the car at present goes quite nicely, i am building up the 5E to go in will use the 4EFTE ECU and some larger injectors off a 3E-TE 1500CC Turbo . also have a malpassi rrfpr and KKK K24 Turbo kit and a water to air intercooler to go on.

should make a nice package :)

and I was about to start a new thread. What exactly do you have to take from the 4e-fte to put on a 5e-fe aside from the obvious like the turbo, intercooler, manifold and injectors. Actually could you keep the seo's injectors? A friend found a starlet gt in a wrecking yard that got rear ended.. so the engine is right for ripping up and taking what he wants. Just doesn't know what he'll need exactly

if you are going to "bolt on" 4EFTE parts just beware that a 5E is 9.4:1 or so compression and 4EFTE is 8.2:1 so just keep that in mind and dont wind too much boost into it :)

Also i would recommend 4EFTE injectors, i think they would be better suited than 5E ones . also the ECU from 4EFTE and inlet exhaust manifolds and intercooler and piping etc. pretty much all of it will bolt on as far as i can tell, i have a EL31 Corsa, not a Paseo, so not 100% sure, but the 5E and 4EFTE heads are the same, so the manifolds will bolt up. another thing, get the oil filter relocator off the 4EFTE. it doesnt bolt up perfectly, the 4E has a couple extra bolt holes, but it will bolt on and is secure enough to use with the main bolt and has the oil feed pipe to the turbo. you will need to put a connector in the sump for a oil return from the turbo, but thats pretty straight forward welding job for a good mechanic.

any other help i cna offer just let me know, i have pics of the 4EFTE in my Corsa

Ross

Thanks heaps for that Ross, by the way.. when you're lowering your compression, what's the best way to go? about 3 steel gaskets?

pretty much all of it will bolt on as far as i can tell

will this all bolt on to a 4efe?

im looking at doing a ct9 bolt on onto my starlet, but someone i spoke to online says the 4efte turbo bits wont fit onto a 4efe? is that correct?

Rich.

pretty much all of it will bolt on as far as i can tell

will this all bolt on to a 4efe?

im looking at doing a ct9 bolt on onto my starlet, but someone i spoke to online says the 4efte turbo bits wont fit onto a 4efe? is that correct?

Rich.

Yeah 4EFE should be the same, but with the same problem as 5E of higher compression than the 4EFTE. the options are to put 4EFTE pistons in will fit either 4E or 5E, or get a thicker copper gasket made up, or get the head combustion chamber opened out, not much room there though, or just run it on higher compression and dont put too much boost in it to start with.

If you do have a good fully progamable ECU and get it dynoed properley then there is no reason you couldnt leave the higher compression and put some high boost into it.