Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Window Tinting

bert.tsport

hi,

has anyone from the midlands area had there windows professionally tinted? how much did it cost? what was the name of the company if they are worth recomending? thanks.

:thumbsup: bert

how far r u willing 2 travel mate theirs 1 in nottingham called tint r i've just had mine done and he does all hatch bcks for £150 heres their website address www.tintr.co.uk hope it helps

Matt

had mine done from central auto tints near the blues ground for £160.

also theres a place called quicksilver wich charge £200-250

Whilst this thread is going, are you legally allowed to tint your windows?

i thought it was illegal

Cheers

Mike

You can tint the back three windows to whatever tint you want, but afaik, it's still a grey area for the front two. Obviously if you go dark, then coppers will ask you to remove them, so I'd suggest a very light tint for the front two, then a medium tint for the back three.... well that's what I want to do...

the front side windows have to let at least 70% light through, it is illegal to tint the front windscreen i believe!

Round here they have a window tinting testing machine that they usually use.

I often wonder how people in 4x4's which are completely blacked out get away with it!

Thanks for the help :thumbsup:

Would like to tint the windows, i think the Corolla looks well better with tinted windows :yes:

hi,

thanks for replies :)

ive been ringing around a bit, and iv been quoted in coventry area for 25% B post back and 70% front with a matching 6" windscreen strip( MAX SIZE ) for £249.. it comes with 5yr guarantee too :rolleyes:

my excuse to the missus for spending the cash is the saftey and security aspects :lol:

do you think my insurance will be lower as it is much harder to pop the side windows for a thief ?

its booked in a week weds...

bert :thumbsup:

ive never liked sunstrips...but thats just my opinion...i think it may be the fact that every nova or any other barry car i've seen has one :P

ive never liked sunstrips...but thats just my opinion...i think it may be the fact that every nova or any other barry car i've seen has one :P

lol, dont worry ... im not going for a BIG letterd type strip.. ie , motorsport, kenwood... its just tinted to match the side windows giving a darker effect... :lol:

One of my mates Tints windows he's done my Yaris and the Corolla, he refuses to do the front windows like somebody else said you can do the rear whatever you like but the fronts he's not allowed to do at all...

And most insurance companies don't like your car with tinted windows for some stupid reason it actually hides what you have in your boot...

i will have a chat with window company tomorrow , see what they say. i think that the glass is already slightly tinted as standard, so when i ad the supposedly legal 70% film it may reduce that a bit making it illegal.. eg. 60% visibility.. will check .

been on the vosa website, the law states you cant tint front windows at all. :(

i will just be gettin b-post back then... at least it will be cheaper.. :)

And I just got a quote from TintR of £150 all inclusive for the rear three windows as he says the fronts are already lightly tinted and he doesn't advise tinting the front two as it IS indeed illegal, although he says you'd be incredibly unlucky to get pulled for it....

As someone said though - it WILL void your insurance in a claim!

hi,

been in touch with local tint company, they will do all windows b-post back for £199... that should keep plod happy... :P at least the kids will be safer.. i think you can get clear film for front windows to stop them shattering into pieces in an accident or attepmted theft.. not sure on the price tho? will investigate...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links